May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: May 2019 Army Thread 2019

Interesting about the cholesterol. Runs high on my mothers side (I got those genes). Initially she avoided medication and went on a very restricted diet, fish, boiled rice etc, she carries no weight. Then she got a few TIA's so that was that, shes been taking the tablets since.
    I think if I get to 8, I'll consider tablets.

We have starlings nesting in the roof about our bedroom and the noise of them from 5am is ridiculous. I wonder if boots do tweeting strips for the feckers.. Going to bed before its their morning.
    AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

I even beat the tweeting birds :haha:

Am thinking of postponing my op. Hip continues to feel easier and I dont want to put myself through it if I can manage without.

Do you get regularly tested Mary?

Hope you are feeling a bit more positve JC, I know its scary

Comment

Morning,
        Yes very much better.
        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].....its your prerogative to delay. The only thing I can advise now is to have a word with your consultant.
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..........must be nearly time for Spain. Have the best time.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Off on Wednesday JC so was busy today getting ready as I’m working the next two days. Have to say I am looking forward to some sun. Not sure what the WiFi will be like but hopefully I will be able to check in.

Comment

Evening,
              Another communion today. Booze floating around, but really was not a focus. It did occur to me how Id be in hell there 4 years ago, because of that.

Medical every year with work [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], because of my industry, (pharma).

I wonder could the hip be performing better in this warmer weather?

Comment

Morning,
                [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]....think you've hit the nail on the head there with the warmer weather.
                Being proddies..........the kids make up their own minds when they're about 13..........I never got confirmed neither did my two little atheists.

So yesterday after humming and hawing about baths and showers we took ourselves off to where we got the place we got the kitchen.
                They're coming to fit the new bathroom first of July. :congratulatory:
                Defo not a walk in bath............after much research (ie googling) walk-in baths are........... how do I put this.........errrrrrrr crap.

Funnily enough, we can claim the VAT back because of Mr JC's hip. Its bending the rules a bit, but we're not normally rule benders so I think we can be forgiven.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Evening everyone. Can I houseswap with you JC, yours will be like a palace. Mine is getting a bit dated, need to motivate myself to decorate. Need new floors but dread the upheaval. Weather was horrible here today so will be glad to get away. Is there a long wait for the op Starty? If not then do it when it feels right.

Comment

Oh Rustop I am the same. We gutted this place 11 years ago, extended etc. Now Id love to start over again, redecorating and refitting. If anyone has a spare 50k floating around, I will spend it well
                    Are you all packed??
                    [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], Im all for a bit of legal bending, but how do you claim VAT back on a new bath via a hip replacement??:headscratch:

Comment

Good morning everyone. Dogs walked and about to go to work. Nearly all packed and ready for off. This is the first girls holiday I have ever been on. Been with himself since I was a teen and we traveled together so it will be a new experience. We have two apartments between 6 so at least we won’t all be on top of each other.

Comment

Morning,
                        [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........the Vat on the bath.........between us with his hip, my ear-trumpets and COPD although we're both fairly fit and well. We managed to cobble enough of a disability between us to tick the VAT free box. The man that can said they rarely check anyway.
                        Fitters coming tonight with his tape measure.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION].........its no-where near a palace.......get the feeling we'll be in the next millennium before its finished. Everything seems to have taken more time than planned, far, far more than we budgeted for.
                        Luckily we never thought of a time plan.......we just muddle along.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          Hope you are feeling a bit more positve JC, I know its scary
                          Much more positive...........this time next week I should have the results (whichever way they go) and a new hat for the wedding.
                          Because I saved so much money on the outfit.........I'm having my hat made at a wee place we found up in Kelso. Posh or what
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good for you [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], nothing like a posh hat to finish an outfit :dancegirl:
                            Thats great about the VAT. Proper order!! did you pick a bath?

Safe trip [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]! You will have a ball.

Mid week, not much going on. 5k race earlier, great run.

Over and out..

Comment

When I needed special bed covers for my allergies and asthma i used to get VAT off. Was great as they were so expensive.

How are the kittens settling in Mary?

We have had major success with the vinegar/epsom salts/soap and brute force method of weed destruction and our patio and garden are looking lovely

I have made another appt to discuss with surgeon on 11/6 which I am pleased about. Deep down I think I do want it done because I dont want to be hobbling about like I was over the last 8 months. Possibly exacerbated because of the cold wet weather etc but regardless, it is horrible to be in pain every day. When my pain just went the other day it was very disconcerting because it does make me wonder if the op is really necessary and the recovery sounds very scary e.g not being able to bend for 6 weeks, having to be so careful to avoid dislocation and the potential of actually being disabled for period of time not to mention the ones that do not go as well as expected. Scared me rigid. Also, I have been speaking to people who have had it done and they were much more disabled than I was by the time they got it done. I can do just about everything except run. Defo cannot do that as way too painful but I can walk for miles. I went on a 14k walk on Sunday and now my hip is painful again. All very confusing and causing many a sleepless night. So I am hoping I can get some reassurance/clarification from the surgeon for example if I left it, would it impact my other hip, is it inevitable it is going to get worse etc. Questions questions :haha:

Glad you are feeling more positve JC

Have a wonderful trip Rustop!

Comment

Morning,
                                [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..........bon-voyage, darling. Enjoy yourself.

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]............its all picked..........no bath just a mahoosive shower. The fitter came measured up and guess what.........its going to take 3 days not 2 and a tad more expensive.

[MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION].......that's what yer man is getting paid for. He'll not mind ( or he shouldn't do). Mr JC admitted the other day before his op he was gobbling ibuprofen down like it was going out of fashion. He had a packet at home, one at work and one in the car.

20 years ago to day my darling Dad died.....(secondary cancer)....and you know I miss him like crazy. It'll never go. A true gentleman with the kindest soul and 22 years sober.

Our Jenny's beagle has been diagnosed with a heart murmur. Its something he can live with....... Needless to say, she's in bits and Buddy doesn't care
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X