Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

Originally posted by starty View Post
    That's good to know techie. Mine is not exercise induced either thankfully. I take an inhaled steroid, montelukast and salbutamol.
    Tweetable abstract @ERSpublications

click to tweet
    The increased risk for hospitalisation due to COVID-19 in patients with asthma is largely associated with age and related comorbidities. ICS and biologics may be associated with a protective effect against the most severe manifestations of COVID-19
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post
      before Max wakes up -- jesus my life revolves around a poxy dog!!!
      :harhar:
      Just said that the other day Molls ( without the poxy bit) as bad as a child back in the house ........

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
        :harhar:
        Just said that the other day Molls ( without the poxy bit) as bad as a child back in the house ........
        Worse! Driving me bananas ..and it's even worser than worse cos I didn't sign up for it! Evening all..God it's cold
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Evening folks.
          Home from work in one piece - but full to the gills with chocolate again.
          YS arrived out today & he was sober - no sign of WDs either.
          Rosie is a little godsend - with dirty paws - she puts me in good humour even when I want to killll someone.
          Her whole body wagging and jumping with excitement till I sit down & she jumps on my lap. Been doing that little ritual since she was a puppy. I :heartbeat: her.
          ( my sisters & daughter think there's something wrong with me - I was thought of as the tough unemotional one.)

Anyway I'm tucked up here in bed nice & cosy.

All's well with Satzy World ( for now )

Comment

Night Satz, thats a lovely cosy picture.

Interesting about asthma and Covid [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I didnt know that (my brothers asthmatic).
            [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I am keeping an open mind on the vaccine. Ive a sibling that is very anti vax, but so much so, that there is nothing positive about it. He thinks we are all being brainwashed, but I wonder if its the other way around.
            I work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant and I am well aware of the hoops that need to be jumped through for the FDA and similar bodies, so I do expect that all protocol has been followed. BUT, the period for clinical trials is short and maybe that is fine? Only time will tell.

X post there tabbers. I do catch myself grieving for the 'craic' too, nothing that a bit if self reflection cant fix.

What walk are you doing Starty?
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]!
              AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Morning all!

Bridge, you say you are going to review trusted sources. I would really like to hear about what you find and also how do you know if a source is trustworthy?
                Don't read news stories and summaries from non-official sources. They will be taken out of context for dramatic licence.
                Use:
                Local health service announcements-go to the official site
                National health service announcements
                Local and federal governement sites - official site only.
                The World Health Organisation site
                For research go to the individual university site - search the site internally. The obvious one is Oxford at this point!

Individual pharmaceutical company sites are commercially driven only-don't rely on them.

Enjoy your food. I am about to go and clip Casey as my life revolves around the doggers too :haha:
                How do you clip him? Lilly wants to know
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

We just received a message from our Fire Chief. Our little rural town is surging and we now have double the California state average of positive COVID-19 cases. I’m going to the root cellar, and I’ll check back in with you around six months from now. This is extremely alarming news. Stay safe friends.
                  “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                    We just received a message from our Fire Chief. Our little rural town is surging and we now have double the California state average of positive COVID-19 cases. I’m going to the root cellar, and I’ll check back in with you around six months from now. This is extremely alarming news. Stay safe friends.
                    Oh dear techie, that sounds scary. What is the root cellar?

Comment

Originally posted by byebyebridgetjones View Post
                      Don't read news stories and summaries from non-official sources. They will be taken out of context for dramatic licence.
                      Use:
                      Local health service announcements-go to the official site
                      National health service announcements
                      Local and federal governement sites - official site only.
                      The World Health Organisation site
                      For research go to the individual university site - search the site internally. The obvious one is Oxford at this point!

Individual pharmaceutical company sites are commercially driven only-don't rely on them.

How do you clip him? Lilly wants to know
                      Thanks Bridge. I checked the leaflet that is on the gov website and found that there are discrepancies with what is on the leaflet for patients and the one that is for healthcare professionals. The one for professionals confirmed that contraindications with existing medicines was unkown. Affects on fertility were unkown but this was not on the hand out for patients. I think this was for the pfizer jab. It is the long term effects I am worried about although not fertility obv :haha:

I borrowed a friends clippers and did all his legs and undercarriage as we get so muddy on our walks. It makes it easier to clean him after. Although, I admit he does look a bit odd. I used to have his coat fully clipped and he looked like a baggy labrador. I would rather he be comfy though and looks arent everything :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                        Night Satz, thats a lovely cosy picture.

Interesting about asthma and Covid [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I didnt know that (my brothers asthmatic).
                        [MENTION=22456]starty[/MENTION], I am keeping an open mind on the vaccine. Ive a sibling that is very anti vax, but so much so, that there is nothing positive about it. He thinks we are all being brainwashed, but I wonder if its the other way around.
                        I work in a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant and I am well aware of the hoops that need to be jumped through for the FDA and similar bodies, so I do expect that all protocol has been followed. BUT, the period for clinical trials is short and maybe that is fine? Only time will tell.

X post there tabbers. I do catch myself grieving for the 'craic' too, nothing that a bit if self reflection cant fix.

What walk are you doing Starty?

I do all sorts of walks Mary ranging between 3 and 10 miles. All lovely countryside

Comment

Morning campers: LAst day at the coalface - till next Saturday :hyper:

Trying to stay positive 'cos it has served me well. But Mother is not too good.
                          Passing blood & needs a transfusion until they can figure out where it's coming from. They'll try wait till Monday if not, she'll be transferred to hospital.
                          Any protection from the virus will be gone once hospital is added to the equation.

Comment

Good morning everyone. :hug: Satz, that is worrying. Hope she is ok. Thinking of you too Brit and wishing you good luck tomorrow JC. Wish we all had a root cellar Techie, stay safe.

Actually had a sleep in this morning. Did not set alarm and slept until 9, that’s late for me. Must have needed it and back at work tomorrow so up at 6.

Comment

Morning all..your poor wee mum benjy...spose she has to go to the hospital...she's escaped the virus this far..she would appear to have some sort of an immunity to it...please God she'll be okay..I'm sure at her age they'll take every precaution possible..thinking of you xx
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Oh no that is worrying. I am sorry. I really hope that she doesnt have to go to hospital and if she does that she remains safe. I thought she had covid previously? Everything crossed for your poor dear mum

Comment

Working...
                                X