New Year New Start Army January 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Year New Start Army January 2021

Thinking of you, JC. Also, keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings x
    Last edited by techie; January 4, 2021, 12:03 PM.
    “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Evening all! How's the craic? I didn't know you were going out into the workplace Rusters -- I just presumed you were working from home -- it's gotten very scary now isn't it! Just back from getting Joe his Covid test so we'll hope for the best.. 2020 really was the year that kept on giving - in fact it kept on giving so much that 2021 isn't looking too shit hot either:sad:

How's MrsA -- was thinking about you and hubby a lot today -- I really admire you - I'm whinging cos of early starts with a puppy and all that goes with it - but jeez... you're a saint!!
      Hope the eyes are done Jackie - you'll prolly not be able to see or type much today anyway..

And what's the story with yer Mam Benjy? Bless her she's been through the wars as well! When does your nursing home get the vaccine? and your mums'?
      Last edited by mollyka; January 4, 2021, 02:00 PM.
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by mollyka View Post

And what's the story with yer Mam Benjy? Bless her she's been through the wars as well! When does your nursing home get the vaccine? and your mums'?
        Mother is getting transfusion 1st thing tomorrow.
        She's stable but upset to be moved. She really has settled in the NH part of the hospital complex - sees that as home and was not too pleased to be discommoded even for 24 hours
        Last edited by satz123; January 5, 2021, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Eye went well, Got to keep this sellotape plastic ey shield on my left eye for six days,
          It was very psychedelic, many colours and many fireworks, rather pleasant, although it is sore now and I have to take painkillers. It's killing me now. I also have to ask Mr JC to put drops in for the next few days and I cannot wash my hair for six days. :sad:

Love to all and thanks for thinking about me

(Typed by Mr JC at my dictation!!)
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
            Eye went well, Got to keep this sellotape plastic ey shield on my left eye for six days,
            It was very psychedelic, many colours and many fireworks, rather pleasant, although it is sore now and I have to take painkillers. It's killing me now. I also have to ask Mr JC to put drops in for the next few days and I cannot wash my hair for six days. :sad:

Love to all and thanks for thinking about me

(Typed by Mr JC at my dictation!!)
            Nice to meet you Mr JC. Tell your lovely wife to mind herself and we are delighted all went well. Also buy her some DRY shampoo!

Good luck to your mam [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION]
            [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], thats not good. Your only in for a couple of days though?

It is all going on at the moment!!:egad:
            AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

HELLO MR JC!!!!
              Thank you for the update!
              JC, put a treatment into your hair? May as well at this point. So glad it went well, lovely.

It has been well controlled Mary, but let's face it, we have a locational advantage here and we still let it in! If we can't keep it under control how the hell are you all supposed to being so close to one another?

No Molly, it's not looking too shit hot for 2021. God that made me laugh.

I woke up with really, really bad arthritis pain this morning after all of the recent rain. Probably the worst ever. I think it's time to punch the health interventions up a level. I'm not putting up with this shit at 55. Watch this space.
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                Mother is getting transfusion 1st thing tomorrow.
                She's stable but upset to be moved. She really has settled in the NH part of the hospital complex - sees that as home and was not too pleased to be discommodedeven fro 24 hours
                It would be really nice if they could pop her a little something to calm the farm. Very low dose of course. Poor love. She'll feel so much better after that transfusion.

@rustop, will you be one of the first in line for the vaccine then?
                Last edited by byebyebridgetjones; January 4, 2021, 07:44 PM.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning all!

Thinking about your mum Satz. I hope she feels better after the transfusion. I am sure she will :hug:

Great news about the test bridge. One thing not to worry about. The arthritis defo is a pain literally. What are you going to do? Have you tried turmeric? We are on a turmeric that is bio fermented and has lots of probiotics. Seems to be good. The dogs are on turmeric too. The whole bloody fam :haha:

Delighted your eye went well JC. Must be a massive relief. Are you sure you have to wear the shield constantly? I only had to wear the shield at night. In the day it could be off. Yes the drops are a pain but they soothed it in my case. Hope you got some rest.

Well we are now in full lockdown until March at the earliest. Unbloodybelievable. Really rather peed off and a bit low about it this morning

Comment

Morning,
                    I'm afraid my secretary had had to go to his to his real office ...............or the back bedroom as it was once called.

Yep, I only wear the half swimming hat during the night. Then into the chase to get the antibiotic syringe in my eye . Does that count as today's exercises?

Our darling :Satz123 and our Darling Brit.......never far from our thoughts. Mj JC asks about you often. Prolly because he's met he's met most of us rabble.

We'll have a meet yup..fill in date here...............

Was going to M&S do do one on one of that throw anything in the trolly but its getting the cars being serviced..........brilliant ides from me...........we use nest door (we use it now and again)...........guess what its in for a service.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good afternoon/evening Army brats!!!

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Morning,
                      I'm afraid my secretary had had to go to his to his real office ...............or the back bedroom as it was once called.

Yep, I only wear the half swimming hat during the night. Then into the chase to get the antibiotic syringe in my eye . Does that count as today's exercises?

Our darling :Satz123 and our Darling Brit.......never far from our thoughts. Mj JC asks about you often. Prolly because he's met he's met most of us rabble.

We'll have a meet yup..fill in date here...............

Was going to M&S do do one on one of that throw anything in the trolly but its getting the cars being serviced..........brilliant ides from me...........we use nest door (we use it now and again)...........guess what its in for a service.
                      Delighted to see you up and posting, Jackie and to hear that all went well!! You must be so relieved to have it over with and anxiously awaiting the next one!!
                      [MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - hope all goes well with your Mum. :hug:
                      [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] - thinking of you.
                      [MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - hope Joe is better.

Waves to the rest of the Army - will check back when I can.

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Great that's over Jackie..get urself back to normal...Christmas tree down at LAST...what a relief!
                        How's everyone?
                        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
                          The arthritis defo is a pain literally. What are you going to do? Have you tried turmeric? We are on a turmeric that is bio fermented and has lots of probiotics. Seems to be good. The dogs are on turmeric too. :haha:
                          What brand of Turmeric do you use Starts ?

Comment

Afternoon everyone. Delighted you have it over you JC, good to see you back. Also good news about your test Bridget . Hope your Mam feeling a little better Satz. How is Joe Molly? I am on reception so cannot work from home. Much worse this time. We had one positive case between March and December but have had six reported in the last week. Only saving grace is that the plant was closed over Christmas. However they are interviewing again so had about 10 people come through today. Not that comfortable with it but I’m only here for the two days. I was asked to cover the rest of this week but I said No. If the girl I job share with has to isolate at some stage I’ll cover then but not this week. Well down the list for vaccine, would not be regarded as essential worker.

Baltic here but got a walk in so happy with that. Highly recommend the walking Molly, gets rid of a lot of the excess energy in the doggies but they need to be a few months old before you start.

Comment

However they are interviewing again so had about 10 people come through today. Not that comfortable with it but I’m only here for the two days.
                              [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION] - Have they not heard of virtual interviews ?

I am also on reception & no way would I let 10 randomers past me without a mask, temp check & hand sanitiser .... if one manages to get past me - like a doctor - when they are gone I'm sanitising the place after them :haha:
                              Because residents are so vulnerable we have to adhere strictly to the guidelines & have had no positive cases since August.

Excess footfall has been totally eliminated. Families have their own outside entrance to a room that the residents can access internally. The room is divided in two by glass with mike & speakers & it's working great.

Light at the end of the tunnel : those who want it will get vaccine next Monday 11th January.

Comment

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                                What brand of Turmeric do you use Starts ?
                                This one for us Bio-Fermented Turmeric Liquid - Turmeric Vitality UK

This one for doggers Canine Gold | 1% Natural Canine Joint Supplement

Comment

Working...
                                X