X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army Garrison April 2021

Jesus things are bad when I have to quote myself :

Dirty paws all over the hall & kitchen - don't care ..... unheard of
    She doesn't lose hair but a little tuft of fluff found on my bed - doesn't even faze me. :egad:
    I'm much more chilled these days - it's only stuff ....
    The above was written last night in bed. It was dark & I was tired.
    Today is a different matter .............. this house is a TIP in daylight & I haven't the energy to clean it. WHO the F*ck invented skirting boards ...... white ones....
    In fact I'd go as far as to say why doesn't MrS clean the feckin' thing - I'm the one going out to work. ggggrrrrrrr !!
    'Round the middle of the floor is his idea of hoovering.

Comment

Give him a to do list Satz

Bit knackered here. In fact went for a lie down at 3.30. The beauty of working from home :haha:

Comment

Evening everyone. Houses with dogs will never be immaculate but they are homes filled with love. Worth the mess in my opinion. Tip for the skirting boards, a friend puts on old fluffy socks and rubs them along, saves bending down. Anyone watching new Line of Duty? Very good. Work day over so feet up watching it. Hope Joe continues to improve.

Comment

Good tip Rustop and spot on re dogs filling homes with love. My skirting boards are no so much dusty as filthy. Always need washing and rarely get done Life is way too short and with dogs like you say, bit of a pointless exercise. As I have got older and my eyesight gets worse it doesnt bother me so much. Funny that :haha:

Comment

LOD is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by starty View Post
              Good tip Rustop and spot on re dogs filling homes with love. My skirting boards are no so much dusty as filthy. Always need washing and rarely get done Life is way too short and with dogs like you say, bit of a pointless exercise. As I have got older and my eyesight gets worse it doesnt bother me so much. Funny that :haha:
              Eyesight -- bless it -- can't see dirt either!! The worst days are the sunny days tho -- sun beaming in shows up every bit of mess and dirt... it's funny -- when I'm at home all the time the mess doesn't bother me - but when I'm at work and I come in in the evening - if the place is a bit shabby I'm narky as feck... s'pose just jealous cos he's been lolling around all day ;-)

Joe's in great form -- nearly back to himself -- he came home today and he's really chuffed with himself - he's been told to 'take it easy' for a few weeks -- Joe has NO idea what 'take it easy' means -- he'll take it easy on the housework alright - but anything else --- ffs -- no stopping him! They gave him leaflets about heart care etc. and one was about weight -- he's lost STONES -- but he was horrified that one of them said he should be 5k lighter than he is now --- so he ate lettuce all day... jaysus - I'm worn out with him already!
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

That is amazing news Molls! You can now properly put all this shite behind you both.

Laffing at the lettuce. Blokes are so weird :haha:

Comment

Evening,
                  Just out of curiosity I thought I'd have little google on skirting boards....................it is an interesting and complex hobby........hours of fun.
                  What's the point of skirting boards? | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk

Mikey's on the settee watching the adverts. He's inherited my attention span.
                  It could be worse, I could be filing.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
                    Evening everyone. Houses with dogs will never be immaculate but they are homes filled with love. Worth the mess in my opinion. Tip for the skirting boards, a friend puts on old fluffy socks and rubs them along, saves bending down. Anyone watching new Line of Duty? Very good. Work day over so feet up watching it. Hope Joe continues to improve.
                    EXCELLENT IDEA RUSTERS !!
                    Line of Duty - it's brilliant - hard to follow unless you're 100% and a great memory for the past baddies God bless re-wind

Originally posted by starty View Post
                    Yeah funny that. Only seems worse when I have the glasses on !

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                      Evening,
                      Just out of curiosity I thought I'd have little google on skirting boards....................it is an interesting and complex hobby........hours of fun.
                      What's the point of skirting boards? | Notes and Queries | guardian.co.uk

Mikey's on the settee watching the adverts. He's inherited my attention span.
                      Nice one [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]
                      I've decided to accept this answer :
                      We cling on to them because of our sentimental fondness for "period" detail. My home is now full of period details :haha:

Comment

I bought that home economics book a few years back, deirdre madden. My favourite subject! Looking at my daughters book now, there is so much more in it, very science based.

Big regret - painting the skirting boards. I.HATE.THEM!!!

Originally posted by satz123 View Post
                        compared to 87 poor souls who haven't seen daylight - literally - for over 12 months..
                        Seriously Satz, do they have no fresh air at all? Is there a garden there?

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                        Bit of a shock this yesterday.............Mr. JC has bought some new clothes and wonders of wonders they're not gray.:egad:
                        :haha: Mr M could not care less what he looks like. Holes in his trousers, stains on his jumper and now with his unruly hair, hes looking more homeless every day. Id settle for grey any day!!
                        Last edited by IamMary; April 19, 2021, 05:51 PM.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Fantastic news about Joe!!
                          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JC!!!!

And that is the best and most fabulous news about Joe. Over and done with at last. What a relief.

On holidays this week and have taken my dark thoughts about my employer to the garden, where they are rapidly dispelling, as they should.

I remember home economics very well. Convalescent foods were mainly eggs and blancmange with jelly from memory. The kids in F class used to amuse themselves by swapping the salt and sugar stores so we rarely had anything turn out. They're probably all CEOs now. They certainly had the psychopathy factor for it.

Right, I'm off back to my begonias.
                            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Morning Army...have just been brought a cuppa in bed....how good it is to be normal;-)
                              So are you finished in the job Bridge? What happens after your hols?
                              I've to work a few days next week..get the place ready for return on 4th May...analysing my feelings...totally happy about going back except for micro-manager....she's really spoiling a lovely job...but it's just 'her'. She's not meaning to be bothersome particularly and she's not a bad person...that's what makes it harder...anyway 16 months and I'm gone ...but if she's gone I'll stay longer!
                              Right...best get up...saving line of duty till we have them all
                              Last edited by mollyka; April 20, 2021, 03:34 AM.
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Morning and waves to the undies,
                                The only exam I got an A in. Home Economics. Yep, eggs (not fried), blancmange, and for some reason lentil soup for an invalid. I've always found a good curry works wonders.
                                mollyka.............thought of you last night when I saw this. To be honest I'm surprised how many of our eras are a lot more excited than the young ones.
                                Mars Helicopter - NASA Mars

The S&A and his age group couldn't give a toss.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X