Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

Morning and waves to the world,
    [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........I only had to wear the eye guard in bed. The problem was I couldn't get water in my eye because of the tiny holes and stitches they made while cutting the cataract out and couldn't get water in my eyes.
    Its just dawned on me I could have used swimming goggles.

Just before bedtime Mr. JC and I had a row to end all rows. The trouble is I can't remember or what it was about or how it started. Tbh I feel like shit today but at least I'll have clean hair within the hour.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hallo Army!!

After getting a nudge from our dear Jackie Claire, I realized that it really has been a long time since I checked in.

Took a very quick read back over this thread - I see that there have been lots of goings on - both good and not so good in the Army!

First of all - huge congrats to you, Jackie, on 12 years sober!! You are a shining light and one of the best examples I know of, of how to get and stay sober no matter what!! And great news for both you and [MENTION=22839]brit[/MENTION] on the cataract operations. I'm personally terrified of them so glad you both breezed through them.

[MENTION=8529]mollyka[/MENTION] - sorry to hear about Joe's recurring infection. So worrisome and frustrating at the same time and difficult for both of you. Just a wee suggestion, tho', because we used to go through this with Mr. Stirly - maybe Joe should have someone go with him to the doctor appointments so that there is a second person there to hear and remember exactly what the doctor said. Mr. Stirly would only get the positive parts right and the rest was always a mix up or just not absorbed so we never got the full picture if he went alone. Finally convinced him that someone else should be with him. Anyway, just a thought...

[MENTION=9094]satz123[/MENTION] - so glad to hear the wedding plans are coming along fine but sad to hear that young Satz is giving you grief once again. It's a shame because it is something he should be part of and he will no doubt be kicking his own backside when he's sober enough to realize what he's missed. Never mind how his sister and you and his Dad will feel. Damn AL and the damage this disease causes on all fronts!

[MENTION=21798]Tabbers (a.k.a. KTAB)[/MENTION] - being able to live close to nature is one of the great privileges in life and being able to enjoy it due to sobriety is even better. I expect most of us shut ourselves off from a lot of the people and things around us when drinking. It was our way of insuring that we could drink without prying eyes. Getting back into things is not always easy and this Covid business can make it even harder. As for posting here - I can identify with that more than anything. There was a time when I was a daily poster and a very active one. Funny enough, when I got sober and got back to living the life I could and should, I found myself drifting away because other activities (especially work), took up so much of my time. That is not an excuse on my part for not dropping in once in a while to at least say hello, but somehow, sometimes, the days and weeks go by without our realizing it and I, too, more often than not, don't feel like I have much to say. I know that I have to make some changes because the Army was once what my day centered around and I might have gotten myself into a place of no return if I hadn't had this forum to come to.

Waves to anyone I haven't mentioned. I hope you are all having an enjoyable summer.

Back later...

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..... I find it near impossible to realize I've got 2 children in their 30s. Even more of a miracle I didn't particularly want children and there I was under three years later with two under two. I forgot what sleep was.

[MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION]................there you are.:hug: That wasn't a nudge it was an elbow in the ribs. Don't be a stranger.

Although Jenny's wedding is 'til August 2022..............she's bought her wedding dress. Booked the venue, booked the music.......bet you a pound to a penny it'll be chicken for dinner........given that they're both teachers they're getting done (so to speak) on a Thursday. Apart from anything else, it's inexpensive being 'midweek' and venues and hotels are falling over themselves with deals for 2022.

My hair is magnificent (although I still feel daft about not wearing swimming goggles)...........but the nurse that gave me all the after the operation advice was really scary. So I did was I was told...........which in itself is a miracle.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Great to see you [MENTION=11158]stirly-girly[/MENTION], how are all your family doing? Are things getting back to normal now, or the new normal?

new eyes and new hair, thats a good day [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION]. Hope thing were ironed out with Mr JC.

no kids here tonight, son away and I shipped the girls off to my folks. I needed a night (couple of hours really) to myself. Of course I didnt tell them that.
          AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

Originally posted by rustop59 View Post
            Daughter arriving this afternoon, can’t believe it. Can’t wait to give her a hug, it’s been a horrible 6 months
            Hope you had a brilliant afternoon Rustop :love_heart:

Comment

Quick pop in!
              I am still painting and everything is unplugged!!!
              Back soon!
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                My hair is magnificent (although I still feel daft about not wearing swimming goggles)...........
                Chance of a pic with the swimming goggles on?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                  Yes please :happy2: hope peace is restored in chez JC. Good to see you back Stirly, hope that the family are all well. Did you enjoy your night of peace Mary? Have to say I am looking forward to some me time when we go away the end of the month, himself will be fishing.

Having said that it was wonderful yesterday to see my daughter. She is looking well and sounding a lot more like her old self so hopefully in time she will get there. I do think it has been good for her having to stand on her own two feet and be responsible for everything. It was very much forced on her due to the pandemic but she will be stronger in the long term.

Busy day ahead. Getting a window replaced that himself broke playing ball with the doggies! How is the painting coming along Bridget? You still in lockdown? Our numbers are rising so goodness knows what is ahead.

Comment

Morning and waves to the underoos
                    Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                    Not in this life or the next.
                    There's also the fact I haven't a clue where they are.

[MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION]..............all back to normal. We don't argue often but when we do it's like an atom bomb went off.
                    Its lovely to see you getting time with your daughter.................doesn't matter how old they are they will always be our babies.
                    Can't wait for the schools to break up and Jenny and Ads will be able to spend more time here.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Lovely quiet house this morning [MENTION=15758]rustop59[/MENTION], Mr M was away early, so a rare moment. Totally get that about the kids standing on their own feet. I want to swoop in and fix all their little problems, but sure thats not going to help them with the big stuff, like breakups :stung:

Had SIL out for coffee this afternoon, was lovely, dont think we've ever had a proper chat, just the 2 of us.

numbers going up here too JC..but we cant go backwards, with so many vaccinated, might slow us down a bit.

Comment

Good morning and waves to the undies.
                        I adore my SIL.......back in the day we wouldn't half lead each other astray.

Numbers are up (or should I say soaring) in the UK and we're supposed to learn to live with it as its 'Freedom' day on Monday. But apprently we're not to worry as it's only the young ones catching it and they can just shake it off. Not surprisingly the doctors are going crackers as the hospitals are filling up,. Shops are still asking us to wear masks.
                        Smacks to me that the government has got bored in my humble opinion. Come to think about it we'll prolly do better without their 'advice'. Especially when we found out that our health minister was found snogging (and more) with one of his staff.

I'm as grumpy as all get out especially after another mini row about Mr. JC taking some holiday time.....he's had 5 days off in the last 18 months........ it could have gone nuclear but he stalked off to bed. So I think we're not speaking to each other.

Apologies for being such a Debbie Downer.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Originally posted by JackieClaire View Post
                          Apologies for being such a Debbie Downer.
                          No apology necessary, that is what we are here for.

What a scorcher, we are not used to this heat. Walked the dogs at 8 am and even coming back around 9.30 it was too hot. Bbqd this evening and it was comfortable sitting outside with no heater. Very quiet on the thread, hope all are ok.

Comment

Hiya folks...sorry again..just literally nothing much to say..so glad your daughter is getting on with life Rusters..it'll make her a strong woman alright bless her!
                            Shame about the rows Jackie..I found when I was between jobs ( at home in other words) Joe and I were on a different page in life really..hard to see the others point of view when our lives were so unalike...hopefully it'll be okay.
                            Howdy everyone else ...need sleep ..baking at work today but on 3 weeks hols now!!
                            Talk tomorrow xx
                            Last edited by mollyka; July 16, 2021, 04:15 PM.
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Wow Molly, 3 weeks, thats fantastic! Hows Joe doing? Any plans for the time off?

Same as you Rustop, did my run late to avoid the heat. OMG, its nuts!

no Debbie downers here [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], we're all allowed to vent as much as we want, better here than a bottle.
                              The direction of the numbers would stress anyone

Comment

Originally posted by IamMary View Post
                                Wow Molly, 3 weeks, thats fantastic! Hows Joe doing? Any plans for the time off?

Same as you Rustop, did my run late to avoid the heat. OMG, its nuts!

no Debbie downers here [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION], we're all allowed to vent as much as we want, better here than a bottle.
                                The direction of the numbers would stress anyone
                                Morning! Couple of staycations Mary...Galway for few days next week and following week we have hotels and b&b's booked along the Wild Atlantic Way...originally sposed to be on the bike but Joe wouldn't be up to that....he's functional but not great.
                                How did the lad get on camping?
                                I'm hearing of a Beta variant now....FFS!!!!
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X