Army July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Army July 2021

Just called in to say goodnight. Tbh feel a bit sickly but I'm putting it down to the heat and sobbing my way through West Side Story. I must have watched the film a hundred times but still end up with an empty box of tissues, a red nose, and red eyes. You'd think I would avoid it like the plague but I love it.

Enjoy your time away, Molls.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning and waves to the universe.
      Nothing exciting happening here.
      We have noticed that Mikey is growing. We were told he was between two and three years old but wondering if good food, a safe place, and lots of love are allowing him to grow.
      I also need someone to smack the back of my hand as I keep looking at the website (Pawprints to Freedom) we got him from and wondering if I can sneak another dog in without Mr. JC noticing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Good morning Troopers .

Early afternoon here and a cloudy one! Nice for a change. However, the temps will be up to 32C by 4pm.
        [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] - I'm sure you remember our dear Freddie. He was a stray and according to the vet, he was about 2-1/2 to 3 years old when we found him. Well, he found us but that's another story. Anyway, we thought he had grown, too, after we'd had him for about 2 months. I guess the thing is that he had filled out from eating regularly and from getting daily walks of 2 km, his coat had thickened and he trotted along proudly instead of walking half-scrunched over and scared. The difference was amazing!! Still miss my little guy. As for you getting a second dog, I'm sure Mikey would love the company. He may be a bit territorial in the beginning seeing as he's the only dogger and a male but sure once he got used to the new one, they would be grand.

Things are kind of quiet in the barracks - hope that means everyone is busy doing something they enjoy. At work here but a somewhat quiet start to the week which is fine with me. Things will pick up tomorrow for sure.

Wishing you all a satisfying day and a safe and lovely week.

Laterz....
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Howdy y'all! Just popped in to deliver a cake! Huge congratulations

@IamMary!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

OOOH!! [MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION] - Huge, huge congrats, girlie!! Well done you!!!!! :spin: inkele: :flowerspin:
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              Howdy y'all! Just popped in to deliver a cake! Huge congratulations

@IamMary!
              Thanks so much for reminding us [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Huge congratulations Mary, best decision you ever made.

Sure what’s one more JC and they would be company for each other :heartbeat Wow that is hot Stirly, another beautiful day here too. Sitting outside having my lunch and a coffee. Enjoy the west Molly. Wish I was there this week but my SIL is coming up here tomorrow to see my daughter before she goes on Thursday. Waves to everyone else.

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh bonnie lass, well done you.:welldone:

AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Well done Maryo!!! Only seems like yesterday you were a raw recruit in d'army !!!
                  30 poxy degrees going through Galway...dreaming of the ocean ahead of me!
                  What can I say Jacks? Another dog? Latherin heart:egad:
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

I'm just looking, honestly. Its not cheap adopting from abroad and the decorators re-start next week.
                    Mikey at the moment is fast asleep in the sun. As its 23C in the shade here............lord only knows what it is in the direct sun.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sending you congratulations, Mary. These celebrations always give us joy. Well done. XOXO
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Ah [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], your the anniversary Man! Thank you so much. Was thinking about it all week. I turned 50 earlier this year, but this, 6 years, was WAY more important to me. Obviously! but only you guys would get that. New UGG sandals have been purchased to celebrate my victory :goodgirl:

Hope you arrived safe and sound Molly, it should be glorious all over ireland this week. Might be the best thing for Joe, change of scenery. Young fella had a ball camping. Completely loved up now! :heartbeat:

I did the same [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], booked a marathon and in training now. Dublin was cancelled so we booked Belfast instead. Lets see what happens with numbers...

We need a power washer.. off to research a good one.
                        AF - July 19th 2015 :happy2:

Comment

[MENTION=22411]IamMary[/MENTION]...........you deserve all the congrats. :hug:
                          I'm no long for bed as I've got an appointment with my ear trump man. Just to see how I'm getting along with my new ones.............its at 8:30am so if we leave early we'll getting a parking space.
                          Then I'm going to get my hairdressers. :thumbsup:

Sleep tight and mind the bugs don't bite.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hola friends,

Happy anniversary for 6 years Mary! Wowza! Good luck with the marathon. I'm in a big Melbourne community 10 k run this sunday. There's a marathon, half and 5 k too. Usually a few thousand punters, however we are currently experiencing a covid lockdown which may or may not extend to next weekend. I'll go for a run anyway. We can git out for exercise at least.

Big waves to all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning and waves,
                              Options then hoping the hairdresser can do something with my hair. Its not been cut for nigh on a year and I can't keep cutting my fringe with the kitchen scissors.
                              Have a good one whatever you're up to.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning!..:be adventurous Jackie..hair is a wonderful thing to play with cos it grows again...what's your natural colour? Best thing I ever did was stop putting colour in..once we are over 60 I reckon it's pointless...mine is now sparkly white and really short and spiky...literally looks after itself!!

So full after dinner last night I'm too full to go for breakfast!!
                                Another beautiful day here in the West...going for an adventure now (Well...after breakfast!!)
                                Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                                contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Working...
                                X