• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MHP, How did the surgery go?

Comment

Still here Ginger xx

Comment

Thanks for the link, Happy. It raises some interesting questions but unfortunately, it is just a conference report, not a published, peer-reviewed paper so we can't get a hold of it to really evaluate it. As you know, I'm pretty skeptical about self-reported dietary data. It will be interesting to see if these data get published and if there are replicate studies that have the same findings. I wish they told us how much dietary fat each of the 2 groups was consuming; 9.2% lower in the test group isn't very much and it isn't clear if that is an absolute or relative difference.

So is your son getting a permanent plate in his hand? I'm glad he gets to avoid the cast. Our son had one on his arm much of one summer and it was a DRAG - especially on our beach vacation!

Hope the surgery goes well and that his splint doesn't get him out of doing too many chores :smile:!

Comment

MHP, I can't quite get it in my head that we are in such different time zones. Now...How did the surgery go? Sending your son healing thoughts!

Comment

Hope all went well MHP - sorry you are in the hospital, but at least it is not too serious - and it looks as if he is having fun with this!!!
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL!!! A little bird just told me you are 300 days AF. WOW, that's huge! Congratulations on all those days strung together. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps!:welldone::yay::heartbeat::sohappy:

Comment

You're not hoping, Ginger, you're doing it! We're all lined up in a row with Happy leading the way - no changes in position allowed :smile:!

Just think SL -only 65 more days!

Comment

Amen to that, NS!!

Comment

Happy to be travelling with you Ginger!!!
                    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

SL, I'm so proud of you. Congratulations, well done you gorgeous woman x

Thanks for checking that out NS, I love how you analyse the information. I'd love to say "that's what I thought" but I'd be lying!! I have no idea ;-)

Plate for the boy went in and surgery was fine Ginger - you probably saw that! and yep, we've got the pour of the concrete in the downstairs extension tomorrow so its every hand(s) on deck to help, so although he's resting he'll be helping in other ways!

Feels like a Friday today or am I just wishing days away?

Comment

MHP, By the time I get up and respond to your posts, it's damn near Friday for you.
                        Glad to see the surgery went well. Tell me again the ages of your boys? Your life with boys reminds me of mine. Mine are 34, 36 and 40 now! Where has the time gone?

Hope everyone is ready for the upcoming holidays!!! Seven days and counting until we head south again. Whoot whoot!!

Comment

Oh yeah! bet you can't wait Ginger.

It's all on here at the moment. The concrete trucks are due in shortly and the pump has arrived, one more step closer to creating more space in our tiny house, which seems to be bursting at the seams with these boys who've turned into man size people overnight. They're 19, 17 and 15 Ginge, so yep, we are very similar! I want to be really careful about how we set up downstairs, I don't want a "us and them" thing happening.

I've surprised my husband with a night in the city tomorrow night. Its our 29th wedding anni on Sunday, so we've got a late checkout and we're just going to explore the city and relax. I'll post photos on FB so you can see my town.

Comment

Congratulations on the many years of Bliss, Happy! I hope you two have a lovely evening together.

Was that kind of hectic getting married right before Christmas?

Comment

It was actually really nice NS. We had a pretty simple wedding - I was dressed as a huge meringue - and then took off on a boat up around the rivers in Sydney. Sort of place where you could moor the boat, then a guy would come past in a tinny, sell you the morning paper and a kilo of fresh prawns and a loaf of bread. Happy days! Had friends come up for New Years Eve. It was all very easy going.

I'm pml on the wedded bliss stuff...but I suppose, yeah...

Comment

I had to look up pml.... now that's funny. (if I got it right) Congrats, MHP on 29 years! I love longevity like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X