Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Morning, Overit!!
    Though it's 6pm here.. I love the mornings!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Enzo'smom!

How are you doing Orimus?
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Kensho - congrats on fifty days . You ROCK.
        The inspiration and support you have been lending lately has been terrific.
        It shows that you have come along way !!!

Comment

Byrdie - do you make a habit out of eating elephants?

Comment

Originally posted by BeachGirly View Post
            Byrdie - do you make a habit out of eating elephants?
            As I may have mentioned, I have a sales meeting next week and trying to drop a couple pounds to fit into my dress pants. Unfortunately, I've been eating everything in sight...elephants included. (they require salt). inkele:B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Big Congrats Kensho on your 50 days!! Awesome :victorious:

Comment

Hey Nesters- Hope everyone is well...I have not been here posting in a while but do check in time to time to browse. My work has been a nightmare (the guy in my small group who has been out since July with cancer is taking a turn for the worse so I am still doing both jobs). I have also decided (mostly intentionally) to take on too much in my outside life to 1. keep myself distracted and 2. I think to make up for lost time when I was drinking and not getting what I wanted done. I still cherish MWO and what it does for people like us so I plan to keep reading as much as I can, even if I can give nothing to give back in return (in the short-term anyway). Hope everyone is staying strong, positive and AF...
                “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Congratulations Kensho on 50 days, so glad and happy for you. Being sober is a wonderful place.

Jenni happy birthday for today. I celebrated my 50th sober, i think it was my first birthday since my teenage years that i didnt drink and probably make a fool of myself. Have a lovely day.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello. My name is Hanna (at least on here lol) and I am new. Well, actually was on here several years ago under a different name, but new again. I am trying to reach out, and guess I belong here. I have not had my "day 1" yet, although I do have some days AF when I take Antabuse. Not sure that is the answer though. Just wanted to say hi, introduce myself, and hope, hope, hope, I can join you all in this process of getting AL out my life.

Comment

Guitarista, on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest (AND ELOISE, girl, I'm so sorry I keep doing this!!) will you accept this small token of a big job??? Your hat! :guy: 30 days out of the hole!!! Well done, Mister, and it was all a result of Butt Velcro! We love a speech if you are in the mood for giving!! We are SO proud of you and we thank our lucky stars that you are in our lives! Rock on!!!

HEY HANNA!
                      So good to see you here!! I keep missing you in chat! Have you made your plan for Day 1? We are so glad you've joined us. Tell us what brings you by again? Did something happen? Byrdie
                      Last edited by Byrdlady; January 27, 2015, 05:46 PM.
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Byrdie

No, nothing happened. Just the ever-lasting, on-going, struggle within myself, and the older I get, the more I worry about how this may be impacting my health, not to mention the other issues it causes, such as forgetting stuff my hb tells me in the evening, the guilt, hangovers, blah, blah, blah.

Gotta talk about the day one plan with y'all. I am all good until 5pm, and then my mind does a complete switch on me. Not sure how to deal with that. Nothing else I have ever experienced, challenge wise, is quite like this.

Comment

Hi Hanna - it's so nice to see you in the Nest. This is a great place to be. I just posted a long (and rather rambling) post on your thread addressing the physical impact of AL. I noticed that as I got older, even though my AL intake remained close to the same, I started having a much harder time physically. My body was probably just saying - "Stop it, already!" Anyway, glad you are here. You have Byrdie watching over you, so I know you will be just fine. Can't say enough nice things about our Byrdie. xx

Haven't dropped in lately, but hope everyone is doing well. Life is peaceful here and I am grateful.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

My goodness - time to check in. I am slowly catching up on my accounting and I can't wait until I post that last purchase! I have given myself a few rewards once its complete and I can't wait. I have an appt. with the tattoo artist later this week and I am excited about the artful creation we've come up with. I'm combining a few images that remind me of my AF journey and my kids - I feel so proud to have changed my life and I never want to forget to take care of myself again.

Hi Hanna! Nice to meet you! Glad you are here and ready for a change. It gets really old - the drinking cycle. I think many here can relate to the brain switch at "witching hour" sometime in the afternoon/evening - or once the hangover wears off. It's the addictive cycle. Once the stimulation is gone, your brain craves it again - even if it made you sick and tired. What are your goals? Have you read up on addiction at all, or checked in the toolbox lately? The information can be really motivating.

Nice to see you MossRose. I miss your posts!

Hope everyone has a warm night in the nest. I'll try not to keep anyone awake with my accounting blizzard work!
                            (How is that east coast blizzard anyhow?)
                            Last edited by KENSHO; January 27, 2015, 08:13 PM.
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Great on your 50 AF days Kensho! Keep that streak going

Hello & welcome Hanna!
                              Definitely spend some time looking thru the Tool box. You'll find lots of great ideas to help you put your plan together. Have you ever taken the time to watch the 'Rain in my Heart' Documentaries? Goodness, if they don't make you want to quit, nothing will. We don't have to be old to destroy ourselves with AL. Every time we choose to drink we are hurting ourselves, one way or another. You can choose to stop & take back control of your life anytime you want & we'll be here for support.

Looks like the folks up in New England got the worst of the storm - hope they are OK!
                              Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

GMAE all. Just checking in. Lots of good advice here as always. Campral sitting atop my fridge right now, about ready to throw on some chicken Mediterranean. That and some chili should get me through the week. Blizzard wasn't so bad out here in Jersey. Meant to check in earlier but couldn't sleep, had to go in to the office - course no one else was there. In some ways its a good thing that I was kept busy until I left eight hours later. I'll have to read back - lots going on in the nest.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X