• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Orimus, glad to see you back! When was your last drink? B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Riding an urge right now. Chicken's out and ready for the cutting and I remember what you said about eating like it was thanksgiving . . . unfortunately one of the down sides of being non-stop for eight hours is haven't eaten yet. However there is cheese in the fridge.
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRX-8SXOs
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Ride it out, Orimus! When was your last drink?
          B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Last night as I rode out the clock 'til the liquor store closed.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

So today is day 1? You are doing great, have a piece of that cheese! Once you eat you will feel much better.....less agitated! So happy for your getting underway! B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hey Family,
                Just checking in, I'm ok I guess, kind of in a funk. The last month or so has been one unexpected expense after another, can't seem to get a break. Just causes me grief. At this point I'm not circling a beer bottle by any means, yet I do get nervous when shit happens that causes me grief. I get nervous because I know things like these are triggers and I want to make damn sure I get in front of it. So that's what I'm doing, I think? By sharing personal things in my life, getting out of my comfort zone, are things I didn't do in my past quit attempts.
                I'm done whining,
                Thanks
                AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Wow. You guys sre terrific! Moss thank you so much for responding to my thread! I plan to stick around here, if you don't mind. Even though I'm not day one yet. 90% of my day I really want this. I am hoping that it's enough that with all of your support I can get over this hump. So even though I'm still drinking I hope you don't mind if I stick around. You guys are a great group.

Comment

HI Hanna,

Welcome to the nest - and to MWO.
                    You are most welcome to stay here and gather strength from others. You can read, post, tell us whats going on, and someone here will have a suggestion, story or hug for you.
                    We are all in this together, and have all had many "day before" Day 1. But really, once you get through that day, you will be so proud of yourself!!!

The toolbox really is good. Everyone needs different things to jump start so I am sure you will find what you need. One thing I think everyone did was get rid of all the AL in the house. Set yourself up. Make it easy to succeed and impossible not to.....

plan a.jpg

BeachGirly

Comment

Welcome Hanna- you seem to already know that the Nest is the place to start to save your life from the poisons of alcohol. Listen to the experienced advise you get here, it comes from the heart...we want you to succeed.. hang in there and be strong
                      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Orimus- I remember your story strongly...please stick with MWO ..this is still a great starting/re-starting point for recovery....be strong great sir, you are with friends
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Hanna, once you get your plan and begin, you'll find that taming that 10% is hard, but doable. Success breeds more success, so if you can focus on one day at a time, one hour, one minute - you build that success and begin to re-train your brain. You are in a place where people will understand you, so please DO stay! As they say, pull up a twig!

Matt, glad to see you checking in. Glad you posted about triggers. I've started seeing mine as opportunities to learn "another way" to deal. Not to be all rainbow-sunbeam, but since the drinking option is OFF the table, it is the only other thing I can do with it, besides struggle or fail. It's become sort of a game to figure out how to get past triggers and stress - find a new way of coping. Lately, when stress hits, I've been consciously "changing something up" - doing something to cope that is different - which makes me feel like I'm going in the right direction and controlling the situation, instead of being nervous about what the stress might cause. Lately, I've been starting a conversation with my kids and really noticing how nice it is that I am not drunk during it - that I won't be a drunk mom. Anyway - it's a positive way to approach it, and puts perspective on my stress. Work and money are important, but my kids and sobriety are more important (and I can completely control how I approach them).

Anyway, stay solid dude. Good on you for sharing
                          Last edited by KENSHO; January 27, 2015, 11:54 PM.
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Hi, Everyone:

Quick fly by tonight, I'm beat.

Yes, Kensho - finding alternatives is good. Drinking is so dang quick at numbing - hard to replace at first. Now I actually prefer my other methods which seem trite when written out. Deep breathing; exercise; talking/emailing/loggin in here for support; and when all else fails, ice cream.

Matt - great to see you. Do you go to AA or other support meetings? I am wondering, because if you don't, maybe hang a bit closer to MWO while you sort some of this out. Good on you for seeing the trigger and coming here. Not a whine, just some statements of fact.

Hanna - maybe that last 10% can be just a suspension of disbelief. Just pretend that part of you agrees with the rest of you, and act like you are 100% committed to being sober. What would you do? Get rid of the booze, make a plan, and stick close here for support. No time like the present...

Good night. Happy Sober Monday.

Pav

Comment

It has been exactly a month since my quit of 12/28…..feeling good, feeling strong
                              I had a fantastic birthday yesterday….my family was snowbound with me….the first sober birthday in at least 35 years.
                              I am on quite the pink cloud and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!!!
                              jenniech
                              12/28/14
                              serenity

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

CONGRATS on your AF month Jennie, yay!
                                Treat yourself to a little something nice ~ cookies come to mind

Matt, good to see you!
                                Checking in here for support & a little inspiration is a good choice, a safe choice. Stuff happens every day for all of us, that's life. We will all be OK provided we don't choose to drink. We all know deep down that AL is never the answer to any problem. Hang in there, take deep breaths & work your way thru the situation with a clear head & heart :hug:

Wishing everyone a good AF Wednesday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X