Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by available View Post

I sat in the stadium and felt totally grateful for my life with its ups and downs, knowing i cant change what will be but am there fully.
    Nice Ava. All the best to y'all with the move.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ava

AVA, I'm assuming your post was meant for me, not Lil. I get it, it just pushes me to do what I should, thanks
      Last edited by Overit-still; December 6, 2015, 07:11 PM.
      The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Ava, you must have been exhausted after all that emotional stuff yesterday. At least you were able to release some of it at the concert. :hug:

Over it, hang in there. I try to ignore my husband when he pisses me off, but it's hard to do. I yell back sometimes when I think it's worth it. Sometimes I think that's the only time he actually takes me seriously, when I finally lose it on him.

Getting my head wrapped around another upcoming week. Lots and lots going on, but I know I have the energy to do it. Let's keep this nest rolling with AF days.

Byrdie, I think your wing is on my twig. Watch it sista! I tend to kick in my sleep, and grind my teeth, but if you don't mind, then I don't mind your wing either.:hug:
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Good evening Nesters!

What's up with that duplicate thread? Weird to say the least.

Overit, please just focus in you for now. Let Mr Grumpy deal with his family, his back pain, his issues.....
          All you need to worry about right now is you, OK?

Busy time of year for everyone, let's all stay sane & on plan

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
          Last edited by Lavande; December 6, 2015, 08:44 PM.
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Today

Thanks everyone, actually had a pleasant day, worked hard, exhausted but not so irritable today and looking forward to waking up unhung tomorrow. Have a great night.

Byrdie can be a twig hog, that's for sure!

Comment

Hey Nesting
              Checking in
              Had a good lazy day with the family, helped with Christmas decorations (It looks like Santa Claus puked in my house)
              Grateful to be present with my family both physically and mentally..
              Stay Hard freaks!
              AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Assembling the arsenal for the holidays to come. I'm done drinking. Ready for something different, even if it's a bumpy road there.

Your story with Robert is touching Ava. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you hugs tonight.

Overit - hoping you can separate your husband's shit from reality. Imagine an invisible wall between you and him when he talks to you that way - and see his negative energy and words bouncing off. Try to focus on you.
                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by available View Post
                  I sat in the stadium and felt totally grateful for my life with its ups and downs, knowing i cant change what will be but am there fully.
                  I picked up this line, too, G. Ava - a great sentiment. I am happy to say I know that feeling.

Glad you're there for Robert and your family, and glad you know limits, too.

I had three work meetings, a baseball game, two basketball games, a visit with a friend and dinner with my parents - all today. Thank goodness I was un-hung to get through it all. Now I need a weekend from my weekend.

Night, Nest.

Pav

Comment

Good morning all from a small flooded city in the north of England. Day six here and feeling pretty good. A touch of the boredom I recognise as a trigger last night as the Sunday night SMART online meeting I attend finishes early at 8.30 and I twiddled my thumbs for a bit. Not quite able just to chill out and watch crap on TV yet. Not sure that's desirable anyway! All well though and only one more day til a week AF!

Comment

Boredom is a huge trigger for me too, Mentium. Good for you for slogging through it! One week AF is an honorable accomplishment. Go you!!
                      "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                      “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

So, if Man's primal motivations are 1) To avoid pain, and 2) To seek pleasure... We must be absolutely clear that alcohol does neither of these long term. Our brain only THINKS it does, and that's part of why we crave it.

Up early here, helping my sweet son with his science project. Excited to try to catch up on my work today. I feel like I live trying to catch up. I would like to change that.

I'll spend part of the day generating a new document as my own personal "toolbox". I have a very long one with posts, but it's not organized. Even though this many quits into the process for me, I still need to have that solid box of tools at my grasp!

Have a great day everyone!
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good morning, gang!
                          Mentium, boredom is a biggie. In fact, I wish it were somewhere in the trigger acronym, H.A.L.T. I wish you could see the hundreds of beaded necklaces I have strung up, or the drawers of scarves I've knitted, or the pans of cookies and cakes I've made! I like to be doing something and since I quit drinking, I had a lot of time to fill. As Kuya just told me, follow your passion! In the very beginning, I called a nearby nursing home and took my dog over to visit those folks. Talk about someone being grateful, THOSE folks were! That filled a couple hours and it also made me so grateful for all I have NOW (my health and youth!) Mind you, these folks are now only about 20 years older than I am, but having our health means everything!! I found that sitting around didn't do me any good at all, I need to stay occupied! You will find your passion! I have to laugh when my neighbors ask me where I find the time to do all this baking....it's only a fraction of the time I spent drinking. I ALWAYS found the time to do that.

This week, I plan on getting familiar with that 3 Principles thread. Getting control of our thoughts is job 1 in this battle! That used to be my first bit of advice to newbies! 'Get control of your mind!' It helped me.
                          Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Morning all. I have to hop on board and read up on the 3 Principles too. Sounds like a great way to stay busy.

~Addy
                            "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Thankfully, I made my 7 days.

The last few days I have had been fighting a really bad head cold. And, since the vacation my sleeping patterns have been off so that I am waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. I feel like crap, can't think, body aches and all I could think was that I felt like I had been drinking! Daily drinking makes you feel like you are ill every single day!

Still, last night I almost had a drink! We had purchased tickets to a movie at a luxury cinema so instead of going to be early like I wanted, I went out to the movies. And when my husband ordered a beer at the move theater I nearly ordered a glass of wine! This was my old mind boggling thinking kicking in - I already felt bad so why not have a drink. At least I would feel better for an hour or two. But, then most certainly my sleep would get worse and I would wake up the next morning feeling even worse! Thankfully I did not order the drink, did get to bed by nine and slept until 5 for the first time in weeks. I am still feeling sick but at least thankful that I did not blow my 7 days with a drink that would just make me feel worse!

Comment

Good morning! Off to hopefully a busy and super productive day!

Comment

Working...
                                X