Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone!

Well I can at this exact moment (or pretty freaking close) say that I have hit day 7. Let’s see the moons, Birdie! At this time last week I had my fav, Bacardi and Diet Coke in my hand. I’ve been so busy today that I haven’t even thought about Al (which those thoughts usually kick in at around 3PM). But now that things have slowed down, the thoughts are creeping in. Mrs. IJM won’t be home for another hour. I know that once she is here I will be in good shape. I can do this though. I really want 30 days.

I went to the Mall of Georgia (the largest mall in the state) today. I think I would rather set my own hair on fire and put it out with a sledge hammer than go back to the mall. I’ve never seen that many people at the same place at the same time! 99% of all the Christmas presents we purchased came from Amazon, but I needed some engraved Cross pens for the people in my department at work. And, like an idiot, I waited until the last minute.

Lav – Happy B-day. You are only as old as you feel. Some days I feel like I should be in high school and other days I feel like I should be in the retirement home….

Well, time to start making the dinner salads and closing out the evening.

Have an awesome evening!

IJM

IJM Thought of the Day:
    Here are my least favorite 4 stripper names: Hazel, Gertrude, Bertha, and Charles……

Comment

ItsJust, it will be our pleasure.......
      Nesters, positions!!! Drop em!!
      :butt::butt::butt:
      You have conquered every single day a week can throw at you! Including a weekend AND a trip to the mall! They dont get much harder than those first 7 days and now they are BEHIND you! No butts about it, you cracked it! Well done!!! Enjoy your dinner!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Super quick check... date night with hubs. Dinner and concert at favorite small venue. I know he will ask me if I want a drink, maybe even pressure. I plan to look him in the eye and just say "You know, I am really so much happier without it and I would appreciate you supporting that." Have to run - hugs to all!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

IJM, happy to drop trou for any good cause, especially this one. :butt::butt::butt: Great job!
          "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Kensho

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
            Super quick check... date night with hubs. Dinner and concert at favorite small venue. I know he will ask me if I want a drink, maybe even pressure. I plan to look him in the eye and just say "You know, I am really so much happier without it and I would appreciate you supporting that." Have to run - hugs to all!
            Girl, you are such an inspiration. Have fun tonight, I know you will.

I spent the day shoveling tons of wet heavy snow and then moving furniture and cleaning. Trying to get things back to normal. Exhausted! Can't wait to climb into bed.

Kensho and I are twinning but we're gonna have to come up with a club for ALL of us December quiters. What should our name be? You gotta stay sober to stay in our club.

Have a great evening! Welcome to all the newbies 👏🏻👋🏻
            The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Wow, such a busy day in the nest

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes, I had a great day & no one asked me my age, ha ha!!! Son & family took me to lunch, daughter & family came & cooked dinner. Then I stuffed myself with delicious Amish apple cake, YUM

Hello & welcome IQuit & Leafy, glad you decided to join us! You will never regret kicking AL to the curb. A wonderful AF life is waiting for each & everyone of us!

Mr G - CONGRATS to you on your 4 AF months :welldone:

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 6 in the books. It WAS NOT easy but its done. I had a very nice hike this morning with hubby. He is keeping me going without being critical. The last few times I tried to quit I didn't tell him as I knew he would be serious about keeping me accountable. Boy, I missed the boat with that one. It is so much easier to keep the quit going with him involved. But I guess that is what I was afraid of . . .

Welcome IQuit and Leafy. You are in the right place. I am new to a quit as well.

IJM - great job on 7 days! I'm right behind you. Mr. G - awesome on 4 months! Celebrate by getting some extra music time in . . .

Overit, I love the idea of a Dec quit name . . . can't think of one right now but I'll start working on it. Good night all!
                Last edited by actiongirl46; December 19, 2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Overit-still View Post

Kensho and I are twinning but we're gonna have to come up with a club for ALL of us December quiters. What should our name be? You gotta stay sober to stay in our club.

Have a great evening! Welcome to all the newbies ��������

How about Quitmas??...........:happy2:

Comment

It's 6am and another day one made! So here is to day 2.....dare I think?
                    There are so many good posts at the moment.....still reading, but hanging in here nesting for a while.

Good luck from me to the other newbies! Together we can be stronger!!

ADP

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts j-vo........acceptance is a tricky one for me, (control freak out of control), but am needing to try anything right now! Yes I am adding the hours since I decided to put my last drink down....33 hours! The cravings are there, but so are the mountains of things I can do on the finca, so off to feed my cats and get breakfast. Will check in later hopefully with a day 2??!!
                      Last edited by ADP; December 20, 2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone! Wow.. It took me a long time to catch up reading.. Welcome Leafy and Iquit.. I'd like to be in the December club! This is probably one of the hardest... but best months to quit. Any time is a good time to quit! I wanted to congrat G-man on a solid 4 months.. and IJM on a week! whoohoo really happy and inspired by these victories. Also Happy Birthday Lav. I'm still doing well, I've really slowed down.. and I mean really really... slowed down. And I'm eating a lot. Too much, but I'm hanging in there and just trying to do whatever it takes to get more time under my belt and back to where I was.. I think once I match that time I'll be able to take a deep breath. Feeling pretty determined. I'm really grateful today because I didn't feel edgy once.. What a gift. And I went for my first swim in the sea today.. maybe that helped more then I know. Strength to anyone struggling, take care, Choices
                        AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Robert died this afternoon with his partner by his side. Its been a long journey this one but we shared so much together. Thank you all for supporting me through this. I miss him but i do know he is in a better place wherever that is.

Stupid Ava thought was to have a drink for him and he didnt even bloody drink. He was the first friend I told of my giving up drinking and never once did he judge me.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, so sorry for your loss. What a special relationship to have had in your life......for both of you. The happy memories will stay forever. You made a difference! So sad for you. Now take care of yourself and be sure that Robert loved you and will be watching over you. Hugs from afar.....
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Ava, sorry to hear of Robert's passing. Sounds like you were both the richer for knowing one another. Vale Robert. Take it easy my friend.
                              Last edited by Guitarista; December 20, 2015, 05:51 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

My condolences to you Ava. Robert was indeed fortunate to have you for a friend. How wonderful that he supported you in your quit and wasn't judgemental, a sign of a true friend.

Wishing you strength and peace Ava.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X