Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had, we told her last time only to buy a small box of beer (15, she bought a 24 last time). Which she did, but then she realised we're down for 2 days, panicked and bought another box. So I'm going to be in a house with 30 cans of beer. I know one thing though - I'm not drinking wine with her in the afternoon - learnt that lesson already. Think we'll start saying don't buy any and we'll get our own if we want it. It shouldn't be too bad, we'll only get there late tonight, and tomorrow night we are at a barbecue - I will be driving.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Morning modders
      DEEBS..I am not a fan of italian wine...but I am a huge fan of the food.....we eat a lot of italian when we go out...me being mostly veggie and hubby being very veggie, it is easy to find a choice of stuff to eat....

SUNNY....I am loving the Dogs....

VLAD.....good luck for the weekend...not sure of the history of the matter...but you sound as though you have a plan...stay strong and dont be lead in any direction you dont want to go...

TGIF I agree DEEBS...

I am delighted as I weighed what I had hoped to this morning at the end of the first week of my diet....so very happy. Tonight I am treating myself to a WEIGHTWATCHERS pizza. Dear God! But necessary if I want to lose the last 5 pounds...they are much harder to loose at the end!

Saturday night I have my first test....I am to be AF at very close friends party...its for both her birthday and to celebrate a new job abroad. I will miss her heaps. Doing this without even one glass of champagne to toast her will be a new experience. It really is an occasion, but I am putting myself through my paces and doing this one AF....I am going to drive and Mr Moo can have a beer or two if he likes.....fingers crossed for success..

Have a great friday everyone
      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Moo,
        I have not reached the milestone of passing up alcohol on a real occasion. Less alcohol is always better. The more I do without, the happier and better off I will be in many ways. Good for you tackling this one!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning all,

Well, I'm continuing my golf instruction, and have had pretty good feelings about it. I never thought in a million years I could do it. While we were on the course the other evening, a red-haired fox ran out and took one of our balls. We were pretty far from him luckily. The instructor said he's lived on the course for quite some time. He finds squirrels tails every now and then. I'm taking my son to a par 3 course on Monday. We'll see how that goes. I didn't realize that golf also is a great distractor. If you're bothered by something, triggered by something, go drive golf balls! You have to concentrate on your stance, the way you're holding the club. It takes great concentration.

Sun, my goals are not to moderate, but to drink occasionally as you do. My pattern in the past year has gotten better, believe it or not. I know I want to have a few glasses of wine if we go to a nice dinner. I know I want to go to happy hour with girlfriends and have a few glasses of beer. I know that I want to sit around our bonfire on a summer evening and sip a few drinks with my husband while my son drives us insane. I know that I want to be healthy and feel good. My plan? Well, I'm not going to get into details, but in a nutshell here it is. I'm walking daily. I'm not using my weights right now. But I'm walking two miles a day. I'm not smoking. That's a biggie for me. It's major. I feel so good without it. I'm eating right, but not restricting myself to fun foods, such as being at my son's baseball games, they have such great concession stands. Yum. Has anyone ever had a walking taco? Well, yesterday I made delicious salmon and a beautiful salad. So for the most part, I want to eat well, but treat myself on occasions. I have about 15 lbs. to lose, but I feel now it's more important to work on feeling good, and less on how many lbs. I need to lose. That's when I go downhill. When I try to concentrate on too many goals at once. Those are my immediate goals.

Moo, weightwatchers pizza is pretty darn good, just on the small side!

Vlad, good luck at MIL. I know how stressful being with inlaws can be. We're going away for a week with them and my husband's sister and brother, and their families. I want to have a great time, but I don't want to blow it by drinking too much. I want to be relaxed, without a drink in hand.

Deebs, when you say freezing, how cold are you talking? Is it so cold you can see your breath?

Happy weekend friends! My parents will be in this weekend for son's final baseball tournament. I'll talk to you all on Monday.
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

J-vo - knowing Deebs it's probably something like 20 degrees. Not cold at all.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yep, I'm right, just checked it's about 18 degrees were she is.

Comment

vlad;673472 wrote: J-vo - knowing Deebs it's probably something like 20 degrees. Not cold at all.
                Its 17!!:H
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Yeah well, for a Russpom like me, that's blooming warm!

Comment

I love the Mod Squad Thread.

Comment

VLAD - I love the mod squad thread too,. Its so cool, I check in at least twice a day if im at my computer, just to see whats going on and to be fair, dont even have AL in mind. I come here now for my friends.

DEEBS - that is not cold...try the UK!

J-Vo its my first WW pizza, I'm actually looking forward to it, as I have been soooo good this week and I need a treat. Your goals seems really sensible and realistic. I really hope you get where you want to be. Let us be as much help as we can be.

SUN - yes I am proud of myself for setting the target of NO AL for six weeks right through the summer period. I have a party/event every weekend in that time too...so it will be a challenge...I am not denying that, but I am quietly confident. I have to do it now. I have committed myself here and I am not one that likes to fail...you guys are my barometer..

Love you all... I am off to the gym now....Yayy!!!!
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

mooderator;673505 wrote: I come here now for my friends.
                        Awwwww Moo...

Comment

Huh oh - sat behind Flu Features.

Comment

Last post before I go. Will try and post from my PDA maybe, otherwise will catch up Sunday evening.

Comment

j-vo;669551 wrote: Sometimes I don't feel I deserve to be here as I have these setbacks which I feel don't consistitute what a modder should be.
                              J-Vo,
                              I think we modders all struggle with that issue from time to time. It's great when we're doing well and feeling strong and working our program without a hitch. But this moderating is tough stuff. It was much easier being AF for those 7 years that I totally quit than allowing myself to try to drink moderately. Many times it's easy for me to moderate well and up until this month it's been pretty good...but vacation time came and everything for me went downhill as well.

My biggest problem: The vampire still arises from time to time. I'll plan to have only one or two and as I've said before ... "it's like the vampire who has tasted blood"... I want more, feel I NEED to have more and I don't want to quit once I've started. So I not only got into the bad habit of drinking daily on vacation but have had two episodes of drinking past my limit of 3. Now I've noticed since back from vacation I am wanting a glass or two on weeknights (which has never been a temptation for me in the past) because it's almost like I'm in the habit of wanting to drink daily now.

As I write this I am not depressed but just very reflective and concerned about how to get myself back on a better moderating track. I need more support somehow but am not sure what that answer is yet. I am seriously considering starting a moderating support group where I live as none exists. If anyone has info or has done the same where they live please post or private mail me. We still have the 1st week of Aug. of being gone and on vacation yet again. Great but then not so great for one with a drinking problem.

My struggles remain as well so J'Vo, you are not alone but that's why we come here...to get the support from others who share our struggle. It's great to be able to lean on all of you whom I consider friends.

Welcome to our two new posters too.
                              Eve11
                              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I know, I'm a total wuss!! But anything below 20 has me in my winter woolies wrapped around my hot water bottle LOL>

I'm off to a friends little girls 3rd birthday party -- should be fun.

I'll post more later when the daughter isin't hanging all over me:-)

Have a great weekend friends:-)
                                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                                X