Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Hey Modders

Well its supposed to be summer and the weather here is awful. Never mind. I have had a productive morning at home. I spent most of it preparing work for work as it were and an hour and a half doing household chores. Boring, but it feels good to have it done.

DEEBS...that sounds like a lovely lunch and I am delighted to be a good influence, lets keep encouraging each other.

VLAD...really well done for NOT buying the Vodka. I am proud of you.

HI SUNNY and to everyone else who is either MIA or lurking......

I am off now to my mums for lunch, then to run some errands....and YES I made her make veggie soup for lunch to help my diet.......good old mum..god love her!

Moo
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Vlad is feeling rather stupid at the moment.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Why so VLAD?

Comment

Well, I thought I had a webinar at 9.00am EST but just realised I'd got it wrong and it's at 9.00pm EST.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi gator1,

Welcome! You are always welcome to post here; we will support you in your journey. I would also encourage you to start your own thread on the Just Starting Out section so that others can get to know you as well.

I would suggest that you get the "My Way Out" book, either by downloading it or by mail order. It is a really good read and I think we all have found ourselves in it. Roberta Jewell designed this program for people who have a problem with alcohol. For me it was very important to use all the tools in the program that she set up which includes supplements, medication, hypno-therapy, physical activity, eating healthy, private journaling and posting here with others in the same situation. Many have customized the plan for themselves and not used all of these tools and have been successful . By reading the book, you will be able to decide for yourself what may be best for you.

I am very happy that you chose to do something for yourself! Again, post here whenever you like.

periwinkle :h
            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone!

We had a nasty hail and wind storm come through here Monday night. We were without power for nearly 24 hours (I think it was something like 23 hours and 35 minutes). I obviously couldn?t get on to see how the squad was responding to the wave idea, which made me crazy! We spent hours yesterday cleaning up our yard. Our fruit trees took a beating! I can?t tell you how many apples and pears I picked up and dumped into garbage bags. My flowers that I have worked so hard on in the past 2 months since we moved in? well, never mind. The grapes are gone, no grapes this fall! We filled 8 large lawn bags with wet smelly leaves and little green apples and pears. Thankfully, with the exception of some divots in the roof of our camper, the rest of our loss will grow back next year. Some of our neighbors didn?t fare as well. There were many large trees uprooted, damaging homes, vehicles, etc. We live in a great neighborhood. Everyone was checking on everyone and helping anyone who needed help.

I am very tired today but feeling grateful for what I have. I am a day behind work now but I am not going to let myself get stressed about it. Some things are out of our control.

I?ll post more later. I still want to decide on our ?global Mod Squad AL free day wave?. I was only talking about a day folks. Come on, who?s on board?

periwinkle :hallo:
              Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

:wave:

Gonna go for it.

Comment

PERI I am always up for the AF wave.....an an AF stint anyway, so whatever you choose I am in for sure...love Moo

VLAD...do I take it a webinar is a web based seminar?????Sorry to be an idiot, but I have never heard the expression before?? Moo

Comment

That's exactly what it is.

Comment

Here's a conservatory update:

Before:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3: Attached files [img]/converted_files/971872=5067-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/971872=5068-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/971872=5069-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/971872=5070-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Should have some more work done today.

Comment

Hi everyone, well sadly Im back to square one again, drank too much last night, feel lousy today, mentally and physically, was at a function, brought the car with the intention of drinking one....how foolish am I, got a cab home many many wines later. I think I will have to now try the total AF route, that one drink is lethal............:upset: so any of you that might be tempted - remember me I feel like a real loser today !! and before that I felt just fantastic.

Good luck to all of you that are doing so well, keep it up.
                          ------------------------------
                          one hour at a time

Comment

(((((winelover))))))

We are all here for you, regardless of what you decide to do. AF is easier in so many ways as we always say. I hope you feel better physically very soon. The mentally might take a day or two, but bare with it, it will catch up. Thinking of you hunni...Moo

Comment

Here's the latest:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/971902=5071-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Thanks Moo, keep encouraging me, I live alone and it is so hard, my daughter is a on vacation at the moment, which is probably why I strayed, she keeps an eye on me, I used to resent it, but know I know it is for my own good.....thanks again :thanks: LOL
                                ------------------------------
                                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X