Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow VLAD they are not hanging around...looks great...cant wait to see the results.

WL....you are very welcome...PM me anytime you need support....together we shall beat the beast.
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Hi everyone!
      Count me in for the wave! I'll ride that thing anytime- an AF day is always a good thing. When?
      "winelover" now is the time to love yourself-slips and all. We are all here for you.
      Good on you vlad for leaving the voddy right where it belongs.
      Sorry about the storm, Peri. Bummer about all the wasted fruit and your beautiful flowers.
      Big show tonight- will keep my 2 drink limit, though.
      Blessings
      Toughen up!

Comment

:wave:

TODAY! AF for me.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Someone or something has pinched my A1 church poster from the noticeboard.

:upset:
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi all,
            It looks like I'm in on the wave. I just filled in 0's on my Drink Tracker for the rest of July. I've had enough to drink this month, including four days in a row on vacation. That's more than is comfortable for me.

Vlad, those pics are very exciting - what a nice conservatory you will have! How long do they expect it will take to finish?
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your responses. I truly appreciate it. I have basically realized that even though I messed up one more time w/ liquor all of my headway up to that point has not been lost. Nor has the days since my last incident.

I agree. I am a binger. That is clear. The big question is if I will be able to just drink beer and wine. Im very convinced that I will. I just have to realize I can never EVER have a sip o f hard alcohol again. It is just not good for me.

While my plan is just to have beer and wine I will be AF today.

Thanks for the support.

Comment

Brrrrrrr, it is chill-o's today!!

Tonight we have booked to go for dinner at a restaurant that we have been wanting to go to for a while now, so I'm really looking forward to it. It is an Italian restaurant and apparently they have an interesting wine list -- I've never drunk Italian wine before so this will be a first for me.
                Needless to say that I won't join the AF wave for today but tomorrow I'm definitely in.

I was extreemly un-productive yesterday as I had to dash home to let the builders in and what-not so I'll keep this short and sweet and get some work done.

Have a fantastic Thursday Squad.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Morning modders

Yes DEEBS same here...busy day...so its just good morning all and have a great thursday.
                  "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                  but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Had a really weird night - first of all a giant beetle was in my bed, and I saw it scuttle by my head down the side of the pillow. I freaked. And this time it was real, not some imaginary alcoholic spiders (I remember once insisting there were spiders dangling from my head and hubby had to reassure me there wasn't). Then hubby was half a sleep and I felt him shudder, I asked him if he was OK and his reply was, 'Nothing, I was just making sure nothing was stuck in my hair...' ??? After that it sounded distinctly like something was moving across the carpet - like a rat or a mouse. Hubby said, 'It's probably that beetle.' I said, 'A beetle wouldn't make a noise like that!!!' We got up and looked around but couldn't see anything. When we heard it again, we came to the conclusion it was coming from the bin in the bedroom. Hubby emptied the bin but there was nothing there. We decided it was just some screwed up plastic from the bin expanding and moved the bin into another room. It didn't happen again.

Comment

Morning modders,
                      I've tried to catch up on the last couple of days. Sorry I've been absent so much. Been going through some rough patches with several things, but I decided yesterday it's time to pick myself up by the bra straps, once again. We should never quit trying.

Vlad - eek! That would have freaked me out.

Deebs - watch that italian wine. My father-in-law, rest his soul, emigrated from Italy when he was 16. He used to make his own wine, and boy of boy was it potent. Be careful!

Welcome Gator. I know what you mean as far as being able to moderate some types of alcohol and not others. That rings so true. I call vodka the evil juice. It totally screws me up. And if I'm not careful, wine can also do me in. You've had lots of successes with long-term AF. Keep it going and you'll learn lots here.

The past few weeks I've been in quite a depression and drank too much. Yesterday I decided, just like that, that I've had enough and get on with life right this minute! So I did. Sometimes I think I'm physically prepared to do well, and the timing is right but my mental self can't accept it. This time, I'm mentally ready although it's the dead of summer, will be going on vacation in a few weeks, starting work after being off since January, and I thought, this may not be the best time, but mentally I feel ready. So here I go hopping on the "healthy" wagon.

Moo, I liked your thread analyzing your progress. Excellent. You've got this! You are an excellent role model for everyone.

Take care everyone.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Hmmmmm... Italian wine...

Nah, only joking. :H

Here's today's conservatory update:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/976212=5073-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hi all,

J-Vo, I'm glad you now feel you've had enough, but what's your plan? How can we help you with it? I just wish to help you end your struggle with alcohol and everything else.

Vlad, at least the beetle wasn't another wierd dream. But I think I'd rather have the dream.

Deebs, Italian wine can be a little more harsh than others, but it can be very good. I hope you enjoy it.

Gator, I hope we can provide support for you during your continued learning. For me, it all took awhile to sink in.

DeltaMoon, I hope you are finding your new routines in your changed life. I hope the big show went well.

It has been a busy summer day. I finally picked out a new rug for the front hall. The old dog peed too many times on the current rug, and it needs to be replaced. It doesn't have too much odor because I used treatments, but I do imagine that a new dog would be attracted to it. Not that there is a new dog yet, but there will be sometime, maybe this fall. We are currently thinking about a Havanese dog - anyone here familiar with it? Here's the link from dogbreedinfo.com:
                          Havanese Information and Pictures

and here's the link to a pic of my new hall rug:
                          Bonjour Area Rug - Hooked Rugs - Wool Rugs - Rugs | HomeDecorators.com

Take care, all.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

How cute are those dogs!! I don't think I've ever seen them on this side of the world. Possibly it's too hot and humid for them here.
                            Are you going to get one Sun?

And I love your rug!! I also love the way you can buy it on-line. We (SA) really are behind the times with internet shopping. I know my SIL who lives in Scotland buys most of her clothes on-line.... it still boggles my brain.

Today really is freeeeezing.

Dinner last night was really great but I agree with you on the harshness of italian wine -- I don't think I'll be drinking that again!

I have signed up for a special yoga class tonight called Prana Vidya which is the study of breathing techniques, concentration techniques and meditation.... I'm really looking forward to it. Everyone last night was trying to get me to change my mind and go to the rugby with them instead but I know that it just involves lots of heavy drinking and I'd rather stay away from temptation right now.

TGIF!!
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Huh-oh, at the MIL's tonight and Saturday night. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

uh huh Vlad!!
                                Have you got a plan?

Comment

Working...
                                X