Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Hello Modders and Lurkers alike....

Had a successful weekend (hen night) in terms of AL consumption. It keeps improving all the time. I was with my friend for 3 nights. On Thursday she and her intended opened wine at their house and offered me some, which I totally refused and drank tea and water...on friday she cooked and opened wine again...on this occasion I accepted and had 2 glasses of wine throughout the evening...refusing both further wine and after dinner lemoncello.....on saturday the BIG NIGHT OUT. I drank 4 glasses of champagne and 2 cocktails over 6 hours, along with buckets of water ....NO HANGOVER whatsoever and didnt feel any more than merry at any point. AND....I was happy not to drink more and happy not to feel drunk. Some may say that I drank more than MOD portions, but I am not concerned by this as it was a very special occasion and I drank the way I wanted to. For me, that is the key. So all is good.

DELTA MOON...First welcome back its wonderful to have you again.....secondly wondering if I can be an effective PACT buddy. What I am thinking is I have 6 weeks until said friend gets married and I am tempted to be AF for that period...just because it is a really good challenge. I have something going on every weekend between now and then when in the past I would have been drinking....so, it would be such a landmark to go to everything AF....does that fit in at all with what you are wanting to do???? Let me know if that suits and that goes out to everyone who might want to do this.....ESPECIALLY DEEBS as I think you mentionned doing an AF august?????

Love to everyone, MOOOOO
    "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
    but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

DM, I'll pact with you!!

Lila, helping you up by the bra-straps girlfriend.

Sun, that's just horrible. My Mum has never drunk and gave up smoking 3 years ago when my Aunt was diagnosed with cancer. My Mums biggest downfall is she drinks LITRES of coke a day and has a drawer in her office dedicated to treats (hmmm, I wonder where I get my sugar addiction from...).

Thanks for the link Eve, I'll read up on it just now. I've been reading up quite a bit on sugar addiction and it really is scary just how much sugar we eat without even realising it. There isin't a single juice or soft drink other than water that doesn't have sugar in it.

Moo, I'd be super chuffed if you'd join me in an AF August. I have been drinking 2 glasses EVERY night this past week. My control has gone for a bucket of sh*t and I fear that I'm on a downward slope with my drinking.... it's too easy for 2 glasses to become 3 every night and weekends more.
      I know that by putting it in writing here holds me accountable and this is what i need right now.

So I am pacting that I will NOT be drinking tonight:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Love the quote DeeBees
        Long Road
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ditto LR!
          I wish I remember it more often:-)
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Excellent Deebs - yes accountability is the key to success. I find thats whats so good about drink tracker. Plus a bit of extra support when having a bad day is a bonus. I am with you 100% for tonight - you'll be so please with yourself tuesday morning - keep that in mind if tempted. I intend to try some Yoga again tonight. Just beginning to learn a few basic moves, its hard when you are trying to look at the TV screen and do the moves at the same time...but fun!!!

Comment

I love going to yoga Moo -- sometimes I end up laughing uncontrollably at the positions I get myself in. There is one called the spider (I think) where you lie on your back, legs in a sort of "froggy position, elbows on the inside of the knees -- and I just feel ridiculous when I do it LOL.
              Thanks for the support Moo!!

Comment

Hi Modders,
                Haven't been around much due to lots of baseball, and sad to say, lots of booze. I've been going through some awful feelings and haven't been dealing with them effectively, quite the opposite. It's a number of things which have gotten me down. Knowing that my vacation is coming to an end is the first. The many lbs. I was suppose to lose before I got back to work is another. Another is my relationship with my husband has not been good, which I can't get into details. And yet the last is that I have to go away for a week in August with hubby's family. I'm so dreading it. So I'm pretty down and I had a nasty binge of several days - not everyday, but enough to remind me that my alcoholism exists, doesn't just go away because I will it to go. I haven't caught up with many posts, just hope you all are doing well. Sometimes I don't feel I deserve to be here as I have these setbacks which I feel don't consistitute what a modder should be.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Whether you are a modder or not J-vo, you very much DESERVE to be here.
                  I am sorry to hear about your binging... I intend to get as much AF time in as possible till the end of July and then it's an AF August for me if you'd like to join me:-)

Comment

Yep, working hard & playing hard in that hot summer sun...
                    I tend to feel like I "deserve" a drink...

Definately need to keep myself in check, or it's real easy for me to let things get out of control...
                    Lately when I've been kayaking, I've been bringing along 4 or 5 beers, instead of 2 or 3. (I don't always drink them all,... but sometimes...)

Still busier than "H" here.
                    Gotta get ready for work right now.
                    Hope everybody has a great Monday!:h
                    Huge Hugs,
                    :l
                    Judie
                    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

thanks Deebee. I know what it feels like to be in some control, and I want to get there. I don't think I'll be able to do AF in August, as we're going on a family vacation. But once I return to school, I tend to get my sh** together in a big way. I think I need to concentrate on small successes right now. I can't go for the big right now. I love you!
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Judie, how is the "one-legged woman" doing?
                        What is up with so many of us going over our personal limits lately -- are we becoming complacent or just letting our guards down?

Comment

Hi all,
                          Deebs, regarding increased alcohol: I'm thinking that those of us experiencing summer tend to drink a little more, wanting to relax a little more in the nice weather. I know you don't have our weather, but I think this is a factor for me.

Judie, and J-Vo, good to see you here.

Moo, I admire your determination, and how well you have taken over your alcohol problem. Good work!

Take care,
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Modders,

We are all in this together! I know it has been difficult times for some of us. Delta Moon, I am so sorry to hear about your recent news. Lila, J-vo, DeeBee, me. Not sure if I missed anyone. We are moderating not abstaining. It really is easy to fall into the old patterns, old thoughts and habits.

I went to a party with my hubby over the weekend. I was watching people drink. Many people there were overdrinking. I believe that many people should be here that aren?t. I didn?t have a plan before I went to the party except that I was going to have a candy bar earlier in the day and decided not to because I remembered that there would be a lot of good food at the party and would ?save up? for that. I went over my limit of ?2 maybe 3?. My 4th one another guest brought to me in a large plastic glass. It was completely full of wine! Of course I didn?t finish it! I didn?t want to ?waste? the wine either but no way was I going to ?waste? myself like that. So I had the equivalent of 4 glasses of wine over a 5 hour period. Like you Moo, I really didn?t feel bad about it. I drank water in between. I didn?t have a hangover the next day. Most importantly I remember that I didn?t say or do anything stupid.

I think it?s very important that we are here owning up and talking about what we are going to do about it. Most of the people I saw at the party will not be owning up. All of you know or have seen the same things as I?m describing. We?ll help each other pull ourselves up by the bra straps and get back on our programs. We can at least be proud of ourselves for that.

Sun, I agree that here with the warm weather it feels like the time to enjoy an adult beverage. But lemonade or iced tea can be just as refreshing.

DeeBee, I wonder if you are craving AL more because you are cutting out more sugar. I?ve noticed that when I have less of one I want more of the other. If you can get to an acupuncturist they can help with the sugar cravings. That might really help your AL cravings as it may be related for you right now. Just a thought.

Maybe we should all decide on a day to pact. Like a Mod Squad AF Wave starting in Australia and moving all across the globe. [Do we have anyone in Australia? Oh well, we may have lurkers there.] It might give our group a bump; a kind of strengthening and cohesiveness that we seem to all need right now. What day shall we pact?

periwinkle :earth: :waving: :beach: :wave:
                            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

I love the idea of an AF wave -- I'll start it.... I was AF last night whooo-hooo!!

Peri, I think you are right about me possibly craving AL more now that I am cutting back on sugar -- I have to just deal with it otherwise it'll only get worse. I think what the Doc said about the less I eat sugar the less I'll crave it really hit the nail on the head for me.
                              :wave::wave::wave::wavin:

Comment

This will become an AF landslide at this rate...it is brilliant. Well Done DEEBS for achieving your AF night...great start. I have been AF since saturday and intend to continue through until 29th August. I am sorry to say I wont quite make the whole of August, but after doing 6 weeks totally AF I hope no one will begrudge me a couple on last weekend in August!!!!! LOL I will be putting the work in first!

Thanks SUN for your support. You have always been very good like that and its appreciated and clearly helps. Things are going really well and I continue to improve month on month. The fact that I have set myself a challenge of 6 weeks right in the middle of the summer and the party season, goes to show how strong I am feeling. Dont get me wrong, it will be one hell of a challenge, but I am also well up to it.

J-Vo. Just do what you can darlin....sometimes are better than others. The fact that you are here is great...just go from there. x

Comment

Working...
                                X