Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello my friends-I've been MIA for two months. Mr. Moon left us in May (21 years of marriage) and the girls and I are reeling with shock, hurt and many questions. I did well with with abstinence the first month but have slowly taken up wine again, 1,2 on most nights and an occasional 3. Don't like the pattern I'm seeing and thanks to my dear friend who encouraged me- I'm back here. Missed you all. Did you forget about me? I always thought of all of you but was in so much pain I couldn't move.
    Glad to be back and am looking forward to catching up.
    Blessings
    Toughen up!

Comment

Oh Delta Moon!
      You (and I think) your hubby were doing so well last we heard from you. I am so sorry your life took this turn. But we are still here, eager to support you in the next chapter of your life. How old are your girls? I have no kids, but several in this group are wonderful moms. Take care of yourself.
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks, Sun. Our girls are 19(college) 15 and 10. Thanks for the support. I needed to hear that tonight. I'm busy sipping sparkling water/lemon.
        Toughen up!

Comment

Hey Delta Moon, glad you came here to post. I have no words for you, don't get discouraged with 1-2/night until you can do something that feels better for you.

Sorry for your loss if it was a loss. I guess now you have to take stock to find out if you are better off with him, or without him. Time will tell. :hug:

A big hello to the other moderators! I've been away too long. xo Beth
          vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

(((DM)))!! You have often been in my thoughts!!
            I am so very sorry to hear about Mr Moon, please lean on us... we're here for you.
            I too am not happy with my latest drinking pattern, ever since I was away on holiday I've been having one and two glasses on a week night -- that's not on. I am going AF August to nip it in the bud now.

WL, I love hearing stories about kids who overcame difficulties in their childhoods. Thanks for sharing. I really feel for kids or rather teenagers (as my daughter insists on being called) as they have their own set of difficulties to overcome that we never had.
            I have faith that my daughter will overcome and grow from all challenges thrown at her.
            And yes, weekends are tougher when going AF but if you make lots of plans and keep yourself busy you'll be just fine.

It's good to see you posting here Beth -- I've missed you!!

Vladster, I have been having such crazy dreams lately and I'm not one to normally remember my dreams either. The most disturbing one what of my Mum getting grumpy with me because my house was dirty and a mess -- she called me "a disgrace"!! I woke up the next morning still very upset with her LOL I have figured out that it must be because I have quite a few tasks that I need to get to around the house to prepare for the renovations and I've been putting it off.

Hiya Sun. As mentioned above, I am really NOT happy with my consumption this month and my AL cravings are going throught the roof -- I think I'm getting to the bottom of it by realising just what a strong influence sugar is on my metabolism so next month I'm cutting out all sugar and sweet stuff as well as going AF to be totally true to my experiment.
            I told my best friend at dinner last night and her and DH promptly told me that they were leaving town for the month of August LOL!! Apparently they are both still scarred from the first couple of weeks when I gave up smoking.

Hi Moo, Judie, Ask (if you are lurking) and anyone I might've forgotten.

Happy TGIF!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Good morning, All
              Thanks for the welcome back, Deebs (missed you so much) .
              I'm glad you're back, too Beth. This is a great place to come to.
              I re-instated myself on the drinktracker and published the info. I previously hid the info but I feel that now it is important to be forthcoming if I want to change this pattern of daily drinking.
              My plan is to moderate Fri and Sat and kick in AB days for during the week.
              Have a great day
              Blessings
              Toughen up!

Comment

It's so good to have you back DM!
                Good for you -- you sound focused and determined.
                I can only image the pain you must be in right now and really have no words of comfort to offer other than I am here to help you up by the bra-staps.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

(((DM))) - sorry things don't seem to be going too well. Stay strong.

On the local park tonight doing my patrol (hopefully, if the rain stops).
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

To every blade of grass there's an angel whispering "grow, grow, grow!"

DeltaMoon,

I just finished watching a fabulous movie about loss and addiction entitled "What we lost in the fire". Rent it - it's wonderful. I was watching a commentary by the director of the movie and she stated the movie was about coming back to life after loss. She gave the analogy of grass growing up through the cracks when a road is paved and stated that life is so strong that it grows through whatever pain we feel.

You will survive, you will grow, you will love and be loved again. We your mod squad buddies and MWO members are all here for you.

We love you Delta Moon.:h
                    Big:l:l
                    Eve11
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Dream Analysis

vlad;664157 wrote: I dreamt I was in MWO in a real sense. MWO was a prison (sorry RJ), and this general forum was the exercise yard. I was in the exercise yard with all of you guys, and we were all in prison uniforms (they were blue with the MWO logo). I was stood talking to Cymru (who for some reason looked like a punk rocker) when suddenly some random guy from outside lept over the prison fence, ran across the yard, went to jump over the prison wall the other side but didn't make it and fell flat on his back, banging his head on the floor. A few of us went over to see if he was OK. He got up and said, 'Remember guys, don't drink!'
                      I said, 'Well, that wouldn't be difficult seeing as this is a holding facility for alcoholics.'
                      'What, they keep you locked up in here!!!' he exclaimed.
                      'Yes,' I replied.
                      'OK, well bye.' he said and lept over the wall and ran off.
                      I looked at the fence and the wall and realised that they weren't really all that high for a prison facility - that anybody could probably sneak out and get some booze, but then remembered that alcoholics couldn't jump or climb and so it probably wasn't a security issue.!
                      Vlad,
                      Totally awesome dream! I looked up what the color blue meant and here is what it said on the first site I went to...Dark blue is the color of truth and moderation.

I thought that was very interesting that we modders were in blue.

The dream kind of reminded me of the story of the bluebird of happiness. The person searched the whole wide world for the bird only to find it in his own back yard.

In the dream we had created our own prison walls and had forgotten that we could easily just hop right out of there if we could have only remembered that we always had the power to do that. AL has tried to keep us prisoners but with leading an AF life or a manageable modding life the prison walls are easily surmountable.

I don't know Cymru that well so can't address that one but sounds like it was fun to see him/her in the dream.

Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are many interpretations to be had but felt it was fun to share mine.

:l
                      Eve11

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Goooood Morning Modders!!
                        I love weekends. There's so much time to do STUFF.
                        I'm at my parents for the night as hubby flew to his brothers for a golfing birthday (my BIL's not hubby's LOL) so the daughter and I came to bond with my parents and sister.

My Mum went to the Doc yesterday and she had noticed she has a high blood pressure 160/100. The Doc then did an EEG and faxed the results through to a cardiologist and promply made an appointment to see him?!? This has us all very perturbed as its the first time she's been diagnosed with high BP and ofcourse we know squat about it.

I was googling it last night but came up with nothing satisfactory -- if anyone here can give me some info I would really be grateful. My Mum has always been the healthy one in our family so we are a bit concerned.

I am also spending a large part of my weekend researching SUGAR and how bad it is for us -- I've taken out every book in the libuary which might be relevant LOL My family think I'm nuts!!

Eve, I just loved your interpretation of Vlads dream -- that is just so true!!

Happy weekend all!!

Comment

BP info

DeeBee;667185 wrote: My Mum went to the Doc yesterday and she had noticed she has a high blood pressure 160/100. The Doc then did an EEG and faxed the results through to a cardiologist and promply made an appointment to see him?!? This has us all very perturbed as its the first time she's been diagnosed with high BP and ofcourse we know squat about it.
                          DeeBee,

Go to this site High Blood Pressure as they seemed to have very good information to explain high blood pressure to non medical folks.
                          Was interesting that it stated a person with high blood pressure should have no more than 1 alcoholic drink per day. Good info for the modders with high blood pressure to know.

We're going to a beach festival where they have a huge sand sculpturing competition. So much fun so have to run. Take care friends and lurkers.
                          Eve11

Comment

Good morning friends! Thanks Eve for the love.
                            vlad- what an awesome dream and Eve's interpretation was insightful.
                            Had my two last night and will not drink tonight. Anyone want to pact?
                            Blessings
                            Toughen up!

Comment

hi Delta
                              How are you doing? How is everything? I drank too much last night - and for NO reason.
                              What kind of pact?
                              Lila

Comment

Hi all,
                                I'm back in town from a family wedding, which includes internet access.

Lila, I think those times we drink too much come from a combination of forces, no one thing.

DeltaMoon,
                                I will pact with you anytime but on a Saturday. There I think is a weekend thread on general discussion.

Eve, sand sculpting sounds like fun. Of course, you would have to have some sand....

Deebs,
                                High blood pressure leads to so many other problems. A friend-of -friend died this weekend from a stroke. She was working in her garden in the afternoon, but no one found her until the next day in the afternoon. I hope I go that way, but would not wish it on family members.

Take care, everyone
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X