Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mod Squad - July Thread!!!

wine lover
    have you checked out the tool box - I think it is in the Abs section.
    Peri, how are you doing? Are you around?

Comment

Right, well I finally have some time to myself to gather my thoughts and post properly.

DH and I had a wonderful 4 days away. The first two days we were both officially "working" but the weather was too beautiful to focus properly:-) Then the gale force wind and drenching rain HIT us -- where's Tip, I have a bone to pick with him!!

My friend who we were going to stay with had just finished decorating an apartment in a 5 * hotel and asked us if we'd please stay there to test drive that everything worked okay HELLOOOO... with pleasure!!
      So DH and I spent the weekend being treated like royalty, eating the most mind blowing meals and yes, drinking some very expensive wine and port -- it was wonderful.

I treated myself to a trip to a well know wellness warehouse and ended up speaking to a very interesting Ayurveda Doctor about my addictions -- strange how I was able to just open up to him like that. He gave me some interesting advice which I will share with you as soon as I've got my head around it and researched a bit more.

Well, I have just picked up the daughter from the grandparents and while we were away she bought another hamster -- a boyfriend for Abbey by the name of Sam!! Apparently Abbey might also be pregnant but not by Sam, by the "boys" in the pet shop LOL this is going to get interesting.

We have another appointment with the Therapist tomorrow and I suspect it will be a tough one for her as they need to address just how she is going to confront that bully when school begins next week (sigh) I wish I could wave a wand and make it all better for her.

Eve, you are off on ANOTHER holiday -- you lucky fish you. I know exactly what you mean by questioning yourself as to whether you can or can't mod, especially when on holiday. It's when I am not in routine that my goals/plans are not met -- this is something I think will require a LOT of awareness on my part.

Hi WL, have you considered taking any of the recommended suppliments for cravings? I found in particular the Kudzu and L-Glut really worked for me.

Vladster, how is the mouldy eye doing? All healed? What work are you doing on your conservatory? I've always wanted one, but they aren't very common here, only the very rich have them.

Peri, I have been thinking of you -- please check in if you can.

Sending out a big HI to everyone else -- hope you are all living the mod life:-)
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Wow Deebs - looking forward to hearing the advice. My mouldy eye is all healed - oh, yes I should change my description.

I had a strange dream last night too...

I dreamt I was in MWO in a real sense. MWO was a prison (sorry RJ), and this general forum was the exercise yard. I was in the exercise yard with all of you guys, and we were all in prison uniforms (they were blue with the MWO logo). I was stood talking to Cymru (who for some reason looked like a punk rocker) when suddenly some random guy from outside lept over the prison fence, ran across the yard, went to jump over the prison wall the other side but didn't make it and fell flat on his back, banging his head on the floor. A few of us went over to see if he was OK. He got up and said, 'Remember guys, don't drink!'
        I said, 'Well, that wouldn't be difficult seeing as this is a holding facility for alcoholics.'
        'What, they keep you locked up in here!!!' he exclaimed.
        'Yes,' I replied.
        'OK, well bye.' he said and lept over the wall and ran off.
        I looked at the fence and the wall and realised that they weren't really all that high for a prison facility - that anybody could probably sneak out and get some booze, but then remembered that alcoholics couldn't jump or climb and so it probably wasn't a security issue. WHAT?!!!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Lila - thanks, have used tool box and find it very helpful, will spend more time reading it.
          Dee - I have the Kudzu will start on it now, does the L-Glut have any side affects, was a bit scared reading the side affects of Topa. Sounds like you had a wonderful time thats fantastic, I'm not sure what the problem is with your daughter, but I do hope it sorts itself out. Welcome to Sam.
          Do please share the advice received from Ayurveda doctor, when you have time to digest it all. :thanks:

I am feeling strong at the moment with no cravings, wonder how long that will last ? how long is a piece of string ?

Sending postive and warm thoughts to each and every one of you.
          ------------------------------
          one hour at a time

Comment

Yes, I'm here. Thank you all for being there and for your support and asking about me. I am disappointed but not really surprised that he plead not guilty. The trial was set for 11/17 so now more waiting. Yuck! and Blah! :yuk:

As far as modding goes, I am doing my best right now and trying to not get down on myself. It's just hard right now. So I'm doing things to keep busy. We're thinking of adopting another dog. That should keep me busy right? LOL! No puppy though! I don't want to be THAT busy!

Wine Lover, I am glad that you are being honest with yourself and others. It takes time. Hang in there :chute: We're all here for you.

periwinkle
            Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

Peri, glad to see you haven't melted in this summer heat! :wings:
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Peri

Moo here....I have not been much in the posting way this week, so I am sorry I have not sent words of support....I have been reading here daily and keeping up with the news..I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending you love and positive thoughts....keeping busy is the best tonic when going through tough times....your a strong lady and you will get through this..we are all here for you...Love Moo
                "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

Peri - Thanks for your encouragement, I'm doing well for the moment :thanks: day 3 AF.
                  As I'm new here not sure what problems you are encountering, but hope it all works out in the end, sorry you could not put closure to it Meantime try to put it to the back of your mind, easier said than done, I know well
                  one hour at a time

Comment

Its a fantastically chilly day today -- definely one for a homemade soup and healthy bread... is there such a thing.

The daughter's session with the therapist this morning went well (she even took the hamsters with for show and tell lol). The therapist spoke to her about ending their sessions soon after next week and apparently the daughter is feeling a little anxious about that so we'll continue until she's comfortable with they way her life is going.
                    For WL, my daughter (14) hit a rough patch a couple of months ago and got involved with the wrong crowd at school who were all into self harming. Unfortunately because the school is so small -- only 8 girls in her class she is left with no friends and that is what the therapist is helping her to deal with.

WL, the L-Glut is an amino acid so not addictive nor does it change your behavior in any way other than to give a bit of a lift to your mood as well as help curb cravings. It is available in powder and pill form. I take the powder form at home and keep a bottle of pills on me "just in case".

Moo, I am pleased that even though you aren't in the mood to post you are still lurking. I was reading an article the other day about how when people are in recovery (from whatever addiction) often when they go through a bad patch they will isolate themselves as they don't know quite how to communicate the feelings they are having.

LTG, it's wonderful to *see* you -- long time no hear -- how are you?

Vladster, I just love your crazy dreams -- I wonder what the meaning of this one was?

Peri, I can imagine the weight of this case must be hanging like a dead weight on you now -- please take extra special care of yourself during this trying time and don't forget that have big shoulders and are here for you.

Well, nothing exciting to report from my side, still plodding along.... catch you all on the morrow:-)
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hey deebs and all modders...

I am not sure why I have not felt like posting....but its far from being a bad time...on the AL front things are absolutely great. I did have a session of looking up symptoms which happened after reading threads on here. It was TOTALLY PMT stuff. I get a bit strange sometimes at that time. It doesnt usually effect me in such a way that I look up illness on the the net, ...but it did this month.

Oddly enough since then, I have felt really really calm about everything related to AL. I dont feel like drinking, there is no beast. Its great...long may it last. What it left me with was the feeling I was over focussing on this stuff and the internet search of death!!! was the result. I really dont need to put myself through that. My drinking is at a level I am happy with most of the time...that is to say I largely dont drink or want to dridnk at all at home, and when I do) drink (special occasions/holidays, I am not having bad effects from it and its much more moderate than it was before MWO.

I think I need to stick with just read this and similar threads for now and not venture into the territory of the much heavier or daily drinker. There is scarey stuff out there, which whilst very useful to prevent relapse to saturday night binging....is not something I need to dwell on.

Just a few thoughts...so I am back it seems!!!

So I have had 2 weeks totally AF and am away this weekend for my best mates hen night. I am away three nights. Now before MWO these would all have involved some booze, but I have already stated that I wont drink at all Thursday or friday and I am confident I will stick to this. Also I have stated that I intend to be pretty moderate on the saturday night. SO wish me luck friends...I will be away now for a few days and will get back to posting when I return

love to you all Moooooo
                      "The greatest thing in the world is not so much where we are,
                      but in what direction we are moving."

Comment

I think it's all part of your journey to self discovery Moo -- it's not always pretty is it but it sure is worth it:-)
                        No luck needed for this weekend, you'll be just fine.
                        *see* ya when you get back
                        Love
                        Dee

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                          Peri, glad you posted and got through Monday. I am sure you wish the whole affair could just be over.

Moo, I also haven't poosted much this week. Sometimes I seem to just have nothing to say.

Vlad, your dream was pretty wild. It is really funny how life events and places get all tangled up in our dreams. Is your conservatory a room with lots of glass walls and ceiling?

WL, glad you are continuing to move forward. More AF time is always better. All progress counts.

Deebs, I just love the whole grain breads that are more and more widely available at least on this continent. I don't buy the "carbs are bad" line of thinking, though it is true that so many carbs available in our grocery store are chemically-laden and not at all good for you.

We are off to a family wedding this weekend. My husband is best man for his brother. There may not be wine served at the reception, since it is being held at a church. But we will probably have some wine with some restaurant meals.

Take care, all.
                          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Morning Friends!!
                            It's a beautiful crisp sunny morning today. I have to head into the office for a bit (Ive been working from home since the daughter got back) so I have my power suit on and I'm off to close some deals LOL!

I posted my experience with the ayurvedic Doctors in the Holistic Healing section if anyone is interested -- sugar is the bane of my life!!
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...h-2-34255.html

Hope you all have a fanstastically exciting day.

Comment

Sunbeam;664997 wrote:
                              Vlad, your dream was pretty wild. It is really funny how life events and places get all tangled up in our dreams.

Hey! I've never been in prison! :H But funnily enough I can't climb or jump very well.

Sunbeam;664997 wrote:

Is your conservatory a room with lots of glass walls and ceiling?
                              Yes, that is exactly what it is.

Enjoy the wedding this weekend. Last wedding I went to, those who weren't drinking were better attended to. Bottles of Shloer were put on all the tables, I'd chosen not to drink so I was fine drinking my Shloer! But hubby had nearly finished his main course by the time they got him one glass of wine! :H

Trying to exercise on my stepper at the moment, building up time each day. I'm up to 7 minutes so far. Pretty rubbish I know - will aim for 8 minutes tomorrow.
                              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Dee - Thanks for helpful information I will give the L-glut a try. I'm so am sorry to hear about your daughter's bad experience, I'm glad she is on the road to recovery, similar thing happened to my son at age 16, he is now a well balanced responsible married man, but I do remember the worry at the time. Sending positive and warm thoughts her way and yours......

I'm on day 4 AF and doing fine at the moment, I find it gets a bit harder at the weekend, but I will be using my tool box and of course this thread.

Hi to all July modders, keep up the good work, soooo pleased I have found MWO and all of you positive, warm people. Once again :thanks:
                                one hour at a time

Comment

Working...
                                X