Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - week 1

Good evening--or should I say Good Night
    Just wanted to say how much I love the pic, Pap3. Adorable little guy!!
    Lav, thanks for that link, which I will try to check out tomorrow. Always seem to lose track of time!
    Nice to read about everbody's adventures. Cyn, think you are in CT?
    Okay, off to read more of "Confessions of an Alcoholic Housewife!"
    "One day at a time."

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Happy May Day everyone!!!

I remember when I was a kid we would put together may baskets and put them on the neighbors doorstep, ring the bell and run...of course waiting to be chased and kissed...wasn't that how it went...what happen to that??? Suppose the thought of leaving something on the neighbors step, ringing the doorbell and running is pretty scary these days...likely to get shot or something...who knows?!?!

I actually had a wonderful day at work...FINALLY!!!!! Well it IS May after all....a good 8-9 months into the school year...I THINK my principal and I may have had a break through last week...and today she really proved she just may be "on my side"...and believes in what I do...felt AWESOME!!!!

Ugh...I've been reading everyone talking about eating healthy and laying off the sugar and salt but you guys...I'm hard core addicted to both I think!!! And lately I can't get enough of either...and it's like I'm ALWAYS hungry...what's up with that?!?!?!? I suppose the 'ol body knows it's almost swimsuit season so it says to my mind....EAT COOKIES, EAT DONUTS, EAT CHIPS...they are your friend....my hand and mouth are eager to obey!!!:H

I liked the picture Pap!! Very cool!! I sure wish I was a better pet owner....I don't think I have the patience...like not understanding WHY she does things...she knows are naughty...or that don't make any sense to me..if you know what I mean. FOr instance..last night, Molly gets up at 3 AM and starts freakin out, scratching to get out of the kennel...I jump out of bed and take her outside thinking she has to go potty...she is panting like crazy and almost pacing kinda...finally goes to the bathroom and comes back in and continues to pant and freak out...I finally put her in the kennel and took her to the far bedroom and shut the door...either I couldn't hear her or she stopped...I'm not sure....still don't know what was wrong with her....not the first time shes done this out of the blue. Can dogs have bad dreams?? And Id bring her to sleep with me but shes been known to pee on my comforter when she gets mad at me and I just got a brand new one so I was n't to keen on that idea last night...any suggestions are welcome!! Sorry about the dog novel!! Oh...and Woohoo on getting the interview!!! That's awesome!!!

Dill--I like the quote!! Here's to another wonderful month!!! And the end of the school year!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wd::yay:

Chill-thank much for getting us started this morning ..and for all those joining our wonderful May Flower thread!! Welcome aboard!!! Sooty checked in so the bus is ready to roll!!!!

Sunni--sorry your taxes are such a bummer...on a happy note...I meant to tell you how much I like your picture you posted the other day of your horse jumping....that was cool!!!

Ok flowers...I'm wilting fast here as it nears the midnight hour...dang, I really DO need to get more sleep....I will I promise....in 21 more days!!!!! :beach: --thats me on summer vacation...well kinda...I live in SD so there aren't so much palm trees as PINE trees!! HAHAHA!!!!!
      Good Night!!
      SD
      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
      7/29/12

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning everyone

Just a quick check in before I go off swimming etc.

Papmom - loved the photo and good luck in the interview. It has been a tough year for you but I am sure things will work out.

SD - good to hear you sound more positive, summer is nearly here, yeah.

Chill - safe travels, looking forward to hearing all about the course.

Lav - thanks for the link.

Sooty - glad Mr S got called, the waiting is the worst.

Everyone else big hello and happy hump day.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Morning all and happy hump day. I have a lovely day meeting 2 different groups of friends so I'll be worn out by this evening!

Off to walk the dog before my fun starts. Have a great day everyone, I'll try and pop in later.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Happy May...

Good morning to all and welcome to Dizzy, Caper and Daya, hope to see more of you.

Pap, nice picture, really good and wonderful about the interview.

Sooty, good luck with the doctor's appointment.

Lav, thanks again for the cool websites, I really get so much out of them. How do you find this stuff?

SD, there is something about eating processed food that never satisfies and results in a bottomless pit of hunger. I experimented before and found that a bag of cheetos leads to more and more, while a beautiful fresh apple is filling and satisfying. Fresh food = well being, processed food = craving and ill health. I am trying to train myself to eat well. Glad you had a good day and that your principal was more understanding.

Chill, thanks for starting us out, I love May!!!

Warm here and getting warmer, I love it. Just working hard, and trying to eat well. I am going to go for a walk at about 8:30, before work, a great time of day. To all, have a good day.
            Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good Morning Fabulous Flowers!

Welcome Dizzy, Caper, and a big hello and welcome back to TDN!! I hope I didn't miss any of our new friends here....if I did, my apologies.

Pap-congrats on the interview! YAY!!!:goodjob: It's about damn time your luck turned around with regard to the job market.

Congrats to Rustop on the weight loss!:goodjob: I wish I only had 2 more lbs. to go. SIGH.

Well, I'm off to work....a happy hello to everyone I missed.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Honkin floral arrangement, it's May!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical month ahead. When does the sun come out where you are Rustop?! You've gotta get a nice run of blue skys soon don't ya?

Sorry, i'm still HONKIN'! (But i am stopping to smell the roses). I'm getting a 'Honk if you're sober!' sticker for the car.

Strength and peace to anyone having a tough time.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Honkin floral arrangement, it's May!

Wishing everyone a safe, sober and magical month ahead. When does the sun come out where you are Rustop?! You've gotta get a nice run of blue skys soon don't ya?

Sorry, i'm still HONKIN'! (But i am stopping to smell the roses). I'm getting a 'Honk if you're sober!' sticker for the car. :H

Strength and peace to anyone having a tough time.

G-bloke. :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Morning fleurs! OK, what's going on here - just wrote a post that again got booted out even though I had just logged in and was taking a look at it in 'go advanced'? Anyway, lucky for you all, this one will be more brief!

GMan, thanks for the chuckle. Lav, thanks for the doggy pics and for the link, I will check it out. PMom, great pic, and congrats on the interview! Sunni - loved the horse pic, amazing. Sooty, happy hump day, and so glad that you have some movement on the appt front. Great quote yesterday, Dill thanks. Congrats all on your accomplishments; sometimes getting through the day well is the biggest one.

I think I was misleading in my last post: HB for me stands for husband, and since he is gone most of the time, he could perhaps be called a visitor. It's challenging for me to re-connect while keeping boundaries, this is a karmic issue for me - thanks Universe for the opportunity to Practice. Our household does however have a visitor coming tomorrow; a cousin who is - I kid you not - a psychic (and a successful one at that). Should be an interesting weekend.

OK, off to make hay while the sun shines, Husband is off to NYC for the day - quiet concentration time for me!

Wishing all a happy day.
                    to the light

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Honk if you're sober bumpers stickers G :H :H
                      They could be a big hit!!!!!!

Good morning all. Cloudy & drizzling again this morning, oh well!
                      Need to get together & out of here, will be back later

Greetings to all & wishes for a wonderful AF Hump day!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Drop dead gorgeous day here, my Spring garden sometimes scares me, things are so beautiful and complex, the infinite variety of form and texture and all the explosion of seemingly excessive decoration on plant, bird, fish, turtle and insect. So good to not have any aftereffects of drinking, easier to feel a part of a prodigal Spring. I have a bit of a food challenge today at lunch as I am joining a couple of older gentlemen who are two of the most unhealthy eaters on the planet at a restaurant of their choosing. If I was home on a day like this, I would put greens, avocado, and coconut water in the Vitamix but I don?t think I can get this at a local ?belly busters?:H. I am sure they will have salads of some sort in any case, and I agree that eating salt, sugar, fat, is just like alcohol in that it sets up a neurochemical process that increases the probability of wanting more. SD, you might want to PM Pappy about your doggie as I think those distress symptoms you described are associated with a variety of medical conditions, some easy to manage and other potentially serious. She will probably suggest a vet visit. Good show on all the good news at work, Pappy, SD; school, Chill; and a cherry hello to all, Flowers. Hope your hubby is better Sooty, and enjoy a bit of romance, Cyn. Love, Ladybird.
                        may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Honk! Gman! And all the flowers.

Sorry I havent read everyone's posts yet. I'll catch up tomorrow.

After some 30+ days I slipped over the weekend and today being my second day I've been having some awful panic attacks. Ever hear that panic breeds panic?

But you know what, earlier in the week I reached out to someone unasked and helped her through a bad patch. And an hour ago the same person came onto gchat to ask how I was. After half hour or so I realised the panic was gone as my mind was taken off the awful cycle of 'what if this gets worse.'

So, right now I'm thankful for this site and everyone here, for helping me stay sober and helping me feel more 'normal' than I have in ages.

XOX

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Evening Bloomers

LBH - I hope you survived lunch without any indigestion

Like Rustop we have had days of continuous rain and it actually stopped today so I took full advantage and walked Elle's socks off. I finished assignment 2 last night and nervously await my grade. My suitcase is packed and the alarm is set for 5am so I can start the drive to Scotland ahead of traffic. I will check in with you guys when I get there.

Papmom - I love your butterfly top and I'm dying to know if you found your pastel suit.

Cyn - I want a psychic cousin!
                            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                            AF - JAN 1st 2010
                            NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

:H Chill
                              I want to know about the pastel suit, too but I'll pass on the physic cousin. It's bad enough that one of our vets here has given up her practice to 'talk' to animals!

Have a good drive and a wonderful time up with the scots.. and say hello to Starty!

LBH.. "Belly Busters" :H Is that a new chain?

Have a honking great evening, everyone!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

I talk to animals all damn day, but they never respond to me :H

I just finished six hours of kid care along with animal care.........
                                No wonder I'm tired! The grandson are being dropped off at 7 am tomorrow - yikes!!!!!

My weight has finally returned to my pre-Easter weight. What took so long to lose 2 lbs? I have no idea. I still want to lose another 10 lbs, primarily to see if I can lower my B/P enough to get off the meds. I'm sick of taking them & dealing with the legs cramps, etc. getting old sometimes just sucks :H

Have a great trip Chill!

So how was your lunch LBH?

Heading to bed earlier than usual, I hope!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X