May Flowers - week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - week 1

Hey SD you are sounding lively as usual, must be a combination of youth and spirit. I am glad for those having that perfect weather like Dill, it can be so restoring. I have been repeatedly struck by beauty lately, hit over the head with it, not sure what is happening. I just read your various reports of positive moments with nature or family, and/or entire classes--Chill you just may become a big bubble of love by the end of the week. Ms. Sooty, I think your reunion sounds intriguing, one of the good things about having some mileage on board is being able to place things in an increasingly rich timeline, mine must be that of billionaires as I think I am the eldest person on this thread. I was always, and often by far, the youngest person for so many years in all of my affairs, in my school degrees, my romances, milestones at work, my retirement, and now here I am, Methuselah Bird Heart. A lesson for me seems to be unfolding. I am off for now as it was a much longer day than I had anticipated and I need to unwind with a walk, entertaining leapt beyond a simple brunch as it often does, I am sorely weakened and it must be because I am five million years old. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Thanks SD!!! I am learning to love myself and accept my flaws...both physical and emotional. I've been listening to a lot of Louise Hay lately...learning to love myself. And not in a stuck up way but in a supportive way. You are right, so many of us women focus on what we don't like about our bodies and not what we love. And if we look closely, we have lots of things to love about ourselves!

Enjoying a cup of Sleepytime tea and I'm about to splurge on some online outfits for the upcoming cruise. Just a month away!!!

Have a lovely and peaceful evening everyone. Wow, that Flower Moon was something last night!!! I hope it glowed in good health for all of us May Flowers on here!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Late check in my dear flower power friends!!

Chill-I am so happy for you that you have this opportunity! I know in my heart that it will lead you down a fabulous path that you could never have imagined 2 years ago!!

LBH-there is no way you are 5 million years old!! You don't look a day over 4 million so just stop it!! :H I know I say this alot but I just love your posts and your special way with prose. I also love that beauty has decided to hit you over the head lately. I love when that happens!!

Rustop-Nephew is heading your way in 3 days!! How close to Dublin are you?

SD!! Your post was pawsitively positive today! Loved every word!! I'm still green you have a cleaning lady!! Yes, the suit was rescued by sis. See below. No idea what happened-it never made the news in any shape or form that i can find.

Dill-a day with grandchildren is a day with sunshine even when raining. Right? hmmm, maybe that is OJ. Never mind! If you ever find out why the pounds go on so easy but never come off, please let me know!!

Blonde-i didn't get to see the moon last nite. By the time the clouds disappeared I think I was in dream land!! congrats to you for being brave about bathing suit shopping and loving what you see!!

Sooty-have a blast at the reunion!!
        Shoutout to anyone I missed!

I don't think I told you guys how my first training session went with the new job. Fantastic!! I loved it! Of course, I let my trainer do most of the talking to the customers and I tried to do a lot of listening. Best way to earn $15/hr evah!! Even tho I go home late (8:30) it was still a blast!

Good day at the NH-one more week!! Dinner at sis's to say goodbye to oldest neph who is leaving for Ireland on Thursday for a month long study tour.

Tired, gotta be up early tomorrow to be at the dry cleaners by 8am to have my suit measured for alterations. Should be done by Friday. Then I've got to crank out the evals for the next 2 weeks. I'd really love to be caught up by Mem. Day weekend so I don't have to spend all 3 days working!! Tomorrow nite meeting hoarder friend to help her pick out an android phone. She doesn't have a land line, cable or internet at home but by god I will drag her kicking and screaming into the 21st century if it kills me!!
        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good Morning Petals

Papmom - So great you enjoyed the training for the new job, I can feel your enthusiasm. Enjoy the extra day off today.

SD - you have me dreading my return trip to my Parents next weekend, I'd like to stay for 2 nights but I don't know if I could handle more than one on that blow up bed!

LBH - You being "struck by beauty" has reminded me how much I'm missing the countryside. Its been way too long since I got into the middle of it and if the weather ever improves here I'm going to drive and drive till I find it! Its ironic that I find myself living in the middle of a city when I so prefer peace and solitude, i guess its true when they say tell God your plans and give him a laugh, :H we never know how things are going to turn out.

Starty and I are loving the course although finding it mentally exhausting and in the evening we have been totally wiped out and going to bed early. Day 3 begins...............bring it on!
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning everyone

Great to see everyone and read all your news. I missed MWO last week
            when I could not get near the computer. Lots of wonderful things happening
            in your lives, courses, grandkids, reunions, clean houses. LBH you can be
            our elder statesperson or gander or rosebud, depending on our theme of
            the month.

Just found out I am to become a grandaunt in November! That sounds old and
            this kids grandma (my SIL) will only be 48.

Pap - I[m next county to Dublin, about half an hours drive from the city. The bad
            news is that it is absolutely lashing rain here this morning. Hope it improves for
            your nephew.

SD - I do have a large and extremely dirty patio. I still have a little bit of path
            to do today. Thankfully it only needs to be done once a year.

Today is a Holiday here so hubby off work. Nothing much planned, have been awake
            hours as I had to let the goldie out. Hope I manage to get a walk in.

Have a great week everyone.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good Morning Pilgrims,

I was thinking that if nobody objects I would add an extra nautical theme to the thread since Flowers can be perceived by some as feminine. We certainly want all comers to the thread! So welcome aboard the ship, Matey's! The good thing about the Mayflower theme is that we know the ship travelled rough waters at times, but it did make its destination, and so shall we!

Rustop, congrats on becoming a grandaunt!! When is the blessed event?

LBH, in the virtual world you may be the eldest, but here we are all young at heart. The field is leveled by the nature of the medium. I feel we all speak from our hearts here, age is simply wisdom.

SD, I am so glad you followed my lead on using the extra cash from not drinking to treat yourself to a house cleaning service! It makes you feel like a princess, does it not?!!

Pap, I'm happy your training session went so swimmingly (nautical theme again)! I hope we get to see you in the pink suit. I have been doing a little shopping lately to upgrade my image a notch. It's a treat for me, but a necessity for a job hunter.

Chill, I think of you so often when I am out in nature. Also when I am driving and looking out over farm fields. It is ironic where you ended up! But you can find a spot somewhere to go to to feel Nature and I'm sure you will find a good one. So wonderful that you and Starty are enjoying the learning experience together!

Blonde I missed that Flower Moon but went out last night to see it and it was still somewhat spectacular.

I enjoyed my day but did a bit too much I'm afraid and threw my back out of whack. I had a hard time sleeping due to sciatica. I will baby myself today, that's for sure!

Smooth Sailing, Mates!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning May friends,

Woke up to more clouds but it's not raining so I won't start moaning :H

Speaking of age LBH, I actually feel younger now (both physically & mentally) since giving up my bad habits & adopting some new, healthier ones.
                I've been so busy just doing & doing I hadn't stopped to think about all the changes I created in myself 4 years ago at this time I was miserable, chronicaly hungover & essentially hopeless. I barely even remember that person & I'm sure I don't want to go there again. I think we actually turn back the hands of time a little bit when we make these big changes in our lives

papmom, hope your fitting went well! Glad you had a good weekend!

rustop, becoming a greataunt brings you a step closer to becoming a grandma yourself ~ just sayin Congrats!

SD, you sound happy approaching the end of the school year - I can just imagine!

Chill, blow up beds are for the extremely young. I have one here that I only offer to kids, teens, etc. I would be crippled if I used it myself. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Dill, hope your back recovers today - ouch!
                I am reminded of my true age when I do stuff like that

Hello to Blondie, Rusty, Sooty & our missing friends.
                I am off to Curves then back here for some work. Wishing everyone a marvelous AF Monday.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Ahoy Flowers :lilflower:

Rustop - *sigh* Rain in London too......

Dill - thank you for thinking of me when you are out in nature, that makes me feel that part of me is there too. :l

Lav - I am "extremely young" :H

I'm loving what we are learning about the influence of language, how to built rapport with others and how to read people, its fascinating stuff. Oh and I got my results back for my 2nd Nutrition Assignment today.....another A! :banana:
                  To top it off I get to watch the next episode of my new fav tv series tonight "Homeland", who else is a fan?!
                  Days like this are just the best!!
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hello May Flowers!

Sigh... so much going on around here and really stressed about money and whatnot. But, everyone is reasonably healthy and that's what's really important. Right?

Chill... loving that you're loving your workshop and Congrats on another A.
                    Dill.. easy on the back... once you hit '29' things don't stretch quite as they used to! (And others are definitely stretched to where you don't want them to!) :H
                    Rustop, congrats on the family addition!
                    Blondie, I need some of your self acceptance (or just put the glasses away for good).
                    Pmom... remember the picture, you, your new suit.. just sayin'

Hello to Lav and all I missed.. I'll leave ya with a wee hug from the humid north:

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

i promise Sunnie to take a pic of me in the new suit when I get home from the interview (or maybe before. hmmm). It's a lovely shade of blue-would have loved to go pink but just not appropriate and really couldn't find anything in pink anyway!!

Chill-no day off for me I'm afraid for about 3 more weeks! I'll be working 7 days/week straight up until Memorial Day weekend and even then will have to work from home.

Rustop-my neph has been to London so he's prepared for the rain. Maybe the travel gods will shine upon his group and banish the wet weather for a bit when they get there.

LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG day today. Did I say long? Have to be out of the house by 7pm so I'm heading to bed. :l
                      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good Tuesday morning one & all,

I have an 8 am appointment with a vampire but just wanted to say hello!
                        I'm also meeting friends for lunch this afternoon ~ nice

This week should be interesting. YB has the week off & has decided to come here to paint the super high ceilings in the living room. He has access to a huge ladder & will be bringing it along with him. I don't mind painting what I can reach but my feet must stay on the floor at all times :H

Will check in later.
                        Where's Rusty this week??

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X