May Flowers - week 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - week 1

Good going on your weight loss, Lav. I like to experiment with diet and see where it leads in terms of my energy level and strength. Today?s belly busting hungry man lunch was fine and I did indeed find a well prepared salad and surprisingly good tomatoes for this time of year. My friends were delightful, so funny and charming, even if they both frighten me with their health and habits. Both gentlemen are terribly overweight (one has heart failure, diabetes, a history of stroke, and had to inject insulin right before his meal, and the ?healthy one? has gained back a huge amount even after gastric bypass). Everything on their plates had been fried, covered in cheese, smothered in gravy. Fortunately they don?t drink alcoholically so I guess we are even with regard to our histories of the blatantly stupid:H. I forgot to say I too loved the butterfly shirt, Pappy, certainly matches those doggies with their quizzical butterfly faces. Did you get your taxes put to bed, Sunni? Have a good trip Chill, Hi Cyn and everybody stopping through tonight. Love, Ladybird.
    may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi flowering beauties!!

LBH-I so love your prose! Your garden sounds divine. Thankful you survived Belly Busters!! And your friends survived too!

Chill-safe travels soul sista!! Hugs to Starty!!

Cyn-you'l have to tell us what amazing things your psychic friend said are coming your way!!

Lav-7am? Yikes!! didn't you already pay your dues with your kids???

SD-definitely a vet visit is in order. That panting is a sign of physical distress and dogs don't pee on beds because they are mad. They can't make that connection. Something is wrong.

thanks Rusty and Star for the encouragement! I do think I'm due but I don't want to be greedy. After all I managed to land 2 PT jobs in 6 months and buy a rockin' new car!!

So my sis and I were at the mall tonite and we finally found a gorgeous suit at Macy's (not really pastel but a beautiful shade of blue) plus some new chinos and a red polo for the new demo job. Just finished trying everything on and were heading towards check out when an announcement came over the PA to evacuate the store! What to do? Can't walk out without paying (pretty much could have tho-the store had been abandoned!!) so I left everything on the register counter with a note saying to please hold the collection and call me as we had to evacuate.

Got outside to find out the Disney store was on fire!! My sis will go back tomorrow and pay for the clothes and drop them off at my house (if there is still a Macys!!). I have to get the pants and jacket sleeves shortened but I have time as my interview was moved to the 14th due to some scheduling conflict. I'll take it as suit pickings were mighty slim!! Bad news is the size is now an 18. Oiy! This piggy can't go to market anymore!!

Went to dinner at Olive Garden after and just got home about 20 min. ago. time to feed the zoo and get to bed!!
      New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Pap3--OK!!!!!! I figured it out......my dog is totally freaking out right now but we are having a thunder storm and the sky is grumbling.....the other night it was raining too!!! I honestly think she's afraid of storms...and can maybe even sense them from miles away!!! Could that be it?? The peeing thing only happened once...a long, long time ago....or maybe it was twice?? I don't remember....at any rate...I'm pretty certain thats what going on with her now...but the question is...WTH do I do for her?? She so terrified?
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
        7/29/12

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning to all...

The weather here is so lovely, warm and moist, my walk yesterday was as LBH described, lush and lavish with green, textures and all sorts of wildlife. Loved it, super busy at work and so tired. Just have to make it through today, then my weekend.

Chill, safe travels, does Elle like to drive?

Lav, you are one busy lady.

Pap, what an experience, I hope you get your suit.

Hello to Sooty, Cyn, SD, Rusty, Mr. G, Fly, Jolie, Blonde, and all, have a great day.
          Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

SD-not an easy fix but you have lots of company. first stop-vets office to make sure all is OK physically. Then a conversation about drugs you can use when storms are forecast. There are also natural remedies you can get for that. You can try to recondition using a cd of loud noises. There is also the thundershirt which some people swear by. You have lots of research to do-get going so doggie doesn't have to suffer any more!

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning May friends,

An hour & a half into kid duty already!
              The 1 yr old is stuffing DVDs into the player & the other is outside 'playing with the chickens'. The puppy is in the crate so everything is under control - sort of :H :H

Will be back when my sanity returns (if it returns :H)
              Have a great day!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

May is my favorite month wherever you may be. It's cool enough in the south to open your windows at night, and here in the north, beautiful dewy, watch out for the Deer, mornings. Fresh, clean new start. (and my birthday is in May, hehe)
                :hDOING THIS FOR ME FOR TODAY!:h

WORD FOR THE DAY: HUMBLE

DAY - 1 Done
                DAY - 2 Processing
                DAY - 3
                DAY - 4
                DAY - 5
                DAY - 6
                DAY - 7
                DAY - 8
                DAY - 9
                DAY -10

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Morning, Mayflowers!

SD.. how old is your doggie? Shelby started the terrified of thunder (later just rain storms, too) about 3 years ago. And my ancient Shepherd turned into a quivering mess as well.

PMom is the voice of authority here but personally, I'm not a great friend of drugs. I basically sleep downstairs when we're having storms and keep the pooch with me. It takes him a long time to settle down but he will eventually. Actually, we've had some rumbling this morning and it's pouring down right now but I think his increasing deafness is solving at least THAT problem

Good grief, Lav! I'm still a coffee slurping sloth and you're already in the middle of another diaper derby. May your sanity make an appearance soon! :H

LBH.. errrrrm. Nope, have not put taxes to bed. Have taxes scattered all over the floor. Always nice to navigate an obstacle course to get to your desk! :H Turns out, I actually have until June 15th, so I've put them aside for a few days to finish a job. So, I can pay for my taxes and the interest they'll be charging me :upset:

PMom :egad: That's kinda scary! Hope your loot was safe and will arrive at your door step today! Btw, don't fret about 'sizes'. They vary so ridiculously from one brand to another... oh, and we want pictures after alterations and such!

Hope Chilli had a good trip and has arrived safely.

Hello and welcome Leciejo :hallo:
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hello May travelers, Just a quick check in for me while taking a break at work.

I have never had a dog that was not afraid of thunderstorms. They get underfoot the instant they hear even a distant rumbling! I sometimes thought they even reacted to the change in barometric pressure as a storm approaches. For me, I always just let them go to the place they felt the safest.

Welcome leciejo!:welcome:
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Dill, my dearly departed 'Girl Dog' used to hide in my shower during thunder storms. Poor thing, she shook like a leaf. Hope your afternoon is going well!

The boys have gone home. My DIL was looking for an invitation for dinner, to hang out, etc.
                      I said no because I really need to get some things done like yardwork, housework, painting, you name it

Greetings Sunni & Leciejo!

Honestly, it's days like this that make me wonder how I ever had the time to drink.....
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi Guys
                        Late check in from me.
                        Had a good drive, did it in under 6 hours and was here for lunch. My Sisters came down and we had a lovely family evening. Im on a blow up bed in my Parents lounge as they have no spare room so I'm hoping I sleep ok, it feels kinda strange, luckily I'm bushed.....
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Sleep well Chill and have a dream that takes you far away from the blow up. I don?t know how you do it Lav but then I never had kids, I thought about it but realized the lack of an ?off button? would probably not work for me. I make light of it but in truth I need too much solitude. Hi Dill at work. Courage with those taxes Sunni, last year we used the whole extension period here, Lord Bird Heart has quite the way with day trading and makes what used to be my simple little form into a sitcom for CNBC. Another easy day for me to savor while they last. I am feeling very fortunate. Love, Ladybird.
                          may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Evening all!

Late check in for me as well. Work has been horribly busy this week - very stressful. Getting home late, getting dinner on the table (or ordering a sub/pizza), walking the dogs and then shower and to bed. Boring routine I know but work is really kicking my butt right now.

Lav - if you are looking for something to do this weekend, head over to Cecil County and come to St. Mary Anne's garden market - lots of neat things. I'll be working Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. You definitely need a break from babysitting or heck - just bring them all along!

Welcome to leciejo! May is one of my favorites too! Got married in May and I agree - it's not too hot and I love having the windows open!

Chill - hope you sleep well on the blow up - if I'm really tired, I can sleep anywhere but have never slept on a blow up before.

LBH - I have two grown children but must say - I enjoy solitude as well - never was one that had to be around a crowd to be happy.

Dill - my two mutts are definitely afraid of thunderstorms, fireworks, gunshots - yup - definite wusses (poor babies). They shiver and shake something fierce.

Sunni, SD, Star, Papmom - hope you enjoyed your day (now that it's practically over)

Peace to all!
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Evening beauties!!
                              Yes, my "loot" was rescued this morning from my dear Sis and I picked it up tonite. Now the trick will be to be able to get together with the tailor. My interview is now Wed the 16th. Hope this is the last change of date!!

3 more nites and 2 more sundays at the NH. I'm not counting, really!!

RE: loud noises and storms. I have been so blessed that none of my pups give a flying feck about them. But I have plenty of friends that do have to deal with quivering canines. If pharmaceuticals are not your first choice the homeopatheic rememedies do really work as does the Thundershirt:
                              Thundershirt | The Best Dog Anxiety Treatment

I haven't used this yet for DD but I'm thinking very seriously of investing in one. they aren't just for noise anxiety-supposedly work for reactive dogs as well. They are $40 locally but I think Amazon has them cheaper and hopefully with free shipping. I think it's worth the try with thunder phobic dogs.

My word, where does the day go. Must drag my butt to bed. :l

KO the Beast!!

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

I DEFINITELY don't recommend sleeping on a blow up! :H
                                Oh well, it will be plenty of black coffee for me today and then tonight I will be too excited at seeing Starty to be tired.

Papmom - so glad your Sister rescued your purchases.

Jolie - Sorry you have had a stressful week, the garden market sounds more relaxing.

LBH - Im with you on the solitude, too much time in company of people and I'm screaming on the inside.

Lav - I can't begin to imagine you drinking with the schedule you keep! It would need to be quick gulps as you chased after EB.

Im dying to make some tea but its only 5.30am and in this tiny apartment Im scared to move incase I wake my Parents.
                                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X