Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning to all...

Chill, I had to laugh, thinking of my experience on a blow up. All through the night the air would slowly leak out, I'd fill it, go back to sleep and wake up on the floor again in about an hour or so. Not conducive to a good nights sleep. Oh well, you will soon be on your way. It is always so fun to learn new things, I love conferences, classes and school. This is the year of learning for you, I know you are enjoying it. Sending you encouragement and peace.

Pap, I know you will look lovely in your new suit, and I am so pleased you have this opportunity to interview. We had a doggie in the past who became terrified at storms and especially the Fourth of July, cowering in a closet and behind the toliet. We gave him melatonin and hugged him. I can't remember if it worked.

LBH, sounds like you follow a pretty healthy diet. I am jealous you have a Vitamix, I want one! You have inspired me to juice this morning, I always feel so good when I consume mostly veggies and fruits. It is so lovely out here too. May is the Month alright. I am so glad I had two kids, but looking back realize it was extremely hard for me at times because you are right, they have no turn off switch. The teen years were especially gruesome, but I made it through to enjoy adults who are at times like me. It is weird in a way. I now treasure my times of solitude and today I will have some. Yay.

Jolie, I had a busy week too, just work, home, and it is stressful.

Lav, take some time for yourself, I am sure you do.

To all, have a healthful and happy Friday.
    Formerly known as redhibiscus

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi Blossoming Beauties!

Yes, I 'm still here! Been busy in my spare time researching real estate listings and communities to live in in Maine...as I mentioned, hubs and I are seriously considering moving up there. We need to find housing and jobs...first. Lots to think about. I told my mother we are planning a move in the near future...we're thinking about a year. She would also move to the town we pick since we want to be close to each other. We both have property to sell so there is so much to plan out but I know if we really want it, everything will come together.

Just coming off my two days off. Got a manicure and pedicure yesterday and also treated hubs to get his feet done. It was kind of spur of the moment when he got home because he said he was on his feet all day and they were aching. I had a gift cert from Christmas that I never used so I said what the heck and asked if he was game to get a pedicure as he is such a manly man and has never had one. HE LOVED IT!!! I think it is something we will do together more often . My nails are now a hot coral color. It's an OPI color called: My Chiuaua Bites! LOL.

PAPMOM-I bought Coco a thundershirt last summer as she is terrible when we have storms and it may help a tiny bit but I am sorry I invested 40 bucks in it to be honest. I know I could have returned it but we do use it in hopes it makes her feel at least a bit more safe. It's supposed to be like a big secure "hug" for the animal. It is definiely tight when it is on.

Well, moving on through May. Cruise is in 1 month and 4 days!!!! Got 2 new bikinis this week at TJ Maxx...one like an off white crochet and one hot pink polka dots on white. I must say that working my ass off all winter at the gym is really paying off as I actually looked pretty darn good under those dressing room lights in a bathing suit!

Well, love to all. Sorry I have been a bit MIA but I have been thinking of you all. Wish me luck in getting our stuff together for a big move out of State!

Blessings,

Blondie
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning all,

Wow, blow up beds & bikinis to start the day off :H :H

Jolie, I'll see if I can work my way down to your area this weekend. Not sure though - today is DIL's BD & I have many projects started around here. Have fun

Papmom, hope your tailoring needs are met without delay!
        Almost sounds like you should be in petites?? My Mom had the same trouble with everything being too long.

Chill, enjoy your weekend

Star, I'm with you on the food choices. When I stay away from all meat & dairy I feel great.
        Maybe a turkey burger once in a while but I can do without the rest!!

Blondie, wishing you the best with your moving plans!
        Are you guys ready to retire or will you be looking for jobs up there?? That's a lot to consider, for sure.

Well, I need to get moving so I wish everyone a fantastic AF Friday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good to see you again, Blondie, how exciting to explore options in Maine and how rewarding to look fine under those dreaded department store lights. I am an older lady but it remains my litmus test of how well I am doing with fitness, just as with alcohol we need to face the truth. I have such narrow (but evidently really strong) bones that I can?t carry an extra five or ten pounds without something visually weird taking over. Drinking and cooking elaborate meals including everything that can be created, martini in hand, with artisanal sourdough starter go hand in hand for me and staying sober means I really have to simplify. I agree with you Star that it doesn?t get much more simple than a raw whole fruit and veggie based diet, and, unless one is cat, it is impossible not to look one?s best with it at any adult age. This Sunday I shall make a more traditional brunch for guests as morning cooking without booze has never been an issue for me but otherwise that Vitamix will be spinning out wonderful drinks and the food processor dips, pestos, and salsas until further notice. I am so glad you got your lovely new suit, Pappy, new clothes can be good for morale, perhaps even the soul when we feel our best in them. I so admire you and your inspiration to remain AF for me is something I think about every day. I treated myself to a beautiful blouse the other day and I shall wear it as a reward when I meet my abstinence and fitness goals. I am not sure where I shall wear it but who cares. Love, Ladybird.
          may we be well

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi everyone

Just a quick check in as I am missing out on my MWO time these days. Hope everyone is doing well, will have a mega read back when I get time.

Daughter is doing her last exam tomorrow so I will be getting the office and computer back. In the meantime keeping busy, busy as usual.

Have a lovely week-end one and all.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi Gang

Star - I love the story of your blow up bed going down :H just hysterical! Mine did stay inflated but was horrendously uncomfortable but my fault for buying the one on offer for ?10.

Blondie - I think its wonderful that you are planning your move and isn't it just the best to check out different towns on the internet and imagine yourself living there. When I was young I wouldn't have dared to belief I could make bold moves but now I'm at the stage in my life I just don't give a shit, I want to experience so much and I'm not going to do that staying in the same place.

Im with all you Gals feeling good on healthy food. Yesterday because I wasn't in control of my intake I ate things as my Parents guest that I wouldn't usually eat and suffered as a result. Being in a hotel now for 8 days it going to be challenging to eat well and I'm determined to rise to the challenge. I thought of food that could be prepared without cooking and have come up with porridge & blueberries for breakfast made with boiling water and for dinner couscous with tinned tuna and sweetcorn again make with boiling water. I brought it all with me and its also going to save a lot of money on take out sandwiches and grim hotel breakfasts.

After 2 poor nights sleep I was feeling fragile this morning and have not had the best trip. I was dropped at the airport at 11am but had flight delay, baggage delay, train delays and changes all with a very heavy suitcase in tow. Then there were my new boots on my poor arthritis feet causing me horrendous pain :upset: I finally got to the hotel at 5pm exhausted. Luckily the room is comfortable and I had a long soak in a bubble bath, make my dinner and I am now in my pj's waiting for Starty to arrive in a couple of hours. I won't be having a problem sleeping tonight!
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi Blossoms!

Off to an early start today to work. It's a rainy Saturday which means it will prolly be very busy. But I like it when it is. Then to the gym and then home to a nice dinner with hubby. I am also very much into the raw veggie diet. I have pretty much gotten rid of all meats except for fish and sometimes chicken or turkey but organic only.

Lav, we are both nearly 40 so not planning retirement quite yet...but I'm hoping to scale back the number of the hours I work...maybe part time for a change instead of 40 plus. And my hubby would work 40 hours instead of 50+. Thats not asking much is it ?

Well, have a great day to all!
                Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                :h

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning May friends!

Absolutely nothing happening around here yet but that's perfectly OK with me :H
                  Not sure what I am doing with my day but I'll figure it out, always do

Have a good day at work Blondie. Hope your future plans come together nicely for you

Later kids!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Hi everyone

Absolutely exhausted. Spent 5 hours power hosing the patio!! Our machine
                    broke during the week so I had to hire one so it was all systems go.

Anyway it is nearly done and my daughter is doing her last exam as we
                    speak. There is a party so she is off out for the night and staying in her
                    apartment. My other daughters boyfriend was 18 during the week so they
                    are out tonight too. Will probably have to pick her up but will have a nap first.

Hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

Rustop

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good Morning Bloomers

Where is everyone?! Hope the Super Moon didn't cause too much havoc......

Starty and I are loving our NLP course and enjoying all the positive energy. It is impossible to feel negative in this environment so we have to learn to anchor that feeling and take it with us wherever we go.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sober Sunday.
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Morning May flowers, quite cold here today but not raining!

Chill I'm so glad you are enjoying your course, how long does it last?

I'm off to a reunion today of a school where I worked in the 70s, should be fun. The girls who were teenagers are now in their 50s!

Have a lovely Sunday folks

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Wow Sooty, that sound fun, are you dressing in 70s gear?

The course is 7 days as its the practitioners one which will reinforce everything I've learned before and really cement the tools for using it in every day life. Richard Bandler is such an amazing coach and I feel honoured to be learning from the Master himself.
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Good morning all!

Taking my sweet old time this morning, that's for sure. I always have trouble getting started when there's no sunshine, oh well.

Rustop, we've missed your presence. Hope you are having a good weekend

Chill, glad you are enjoying your course!
                            Kicking the negativity out of my life is what helped me get to the point I'm at today - AL free & smoke free. The rest of the negativity in my life ran out of here 2 years ago all on his own

Sooty, hope you have a great time at the reunion! Sounds like fun
                            The 70's were a busy time for me - graduated from college, got married, bought our first house & had my daughter, all by 1977. Seems like a million years ago :H

OK, wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday! I stil need to figure out what I'm doing today.
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

It's an absolutely perfect day outside! Perfect. I am loving every minute of it!

I had a day with my grandkids yesterday which of course, wore me out. I don't seem to have your energy level, Lav, but I'll keep working at it.

Wow, a reunion for a school you worked at in the 70's?! I can't imagine! I worked at a school for kids with cerebral palsy back in the 70's. That was my first job out of college. Then I decided to return to college to get my Masters which was becoming the standard degree necessary to practice Speech Therapy. I sure hope you have a splendid time, Soots.

Why do pounds come off so, so, slowly? They go on so easily!

Have a peaceful AF Sunday, threadsters!
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

May Flowers - week 1

Afternoon Everyone!!

Gorgeous here today too!! I've been outside getting all my yard work done...not doing a whole lot inside...just laundry as the cleaning lady come again tomorrow...yippee!!!!!!!!!!
                                Boy am I loving that awesome idea Dill!!!! We have only 10 more days with kids...and I'm counting every one of them off as I walk out the door each night!!!!:H Glad you enjoyed your day with the grandkids!!

Chill--glad you are enjoying your learning experience this week as well....and time with friends of course too!!

Lav--did you get to relax today or was your schedule filled up as usual??

Sooty-your reunion sounds like a blast--have fun!!! The 70's eh?? I believe I would have begun kindergarten in 79!!:H I'm rotten, I know...I'm sorry!!! I have my 20 year reunion this summer--looking forward to that!!

Rustop-sounds like you were doing some major spring cleaning at your house too!! 5 hours cleaning the patio?!?!? Either you have a huge patio or it was really dirty....lol!!!! Bet it look awesome!!

Rusty--how are things going for you?? Any new news??

Pap3--so did you ever get that suit after that whole fire thing?? How crazy...I wonder what happened???

Blonde--I think that is so awesome to hear that you "like you in a bikini"...I say that because I think women are so critical of themselves and so hard on themselves...I like that you can appreciate that you've worked hard in the gym, eaten healthy and taken care of yourself...and can see how beautiful you really are...inside and out!!!:l Way to go girl!!

Star--that blow up bed story had me laughing so hard...I could totally relate!!! A couple months ago my son and I stayed at my sister's small apartment...on a blow up mattress...WORST night's sleep ever...ended up sleeping on a half inflated mattress by morning and the worst backache ever!!! Too funny!!

Well....my buzzer just went beep for my clothes so I better keep moving....I hope everyone has a great Monday!!!
                                SD
                                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                                7/29/12

Comment

Working...
                                X