Ladies on a Mission: The Official Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, so much going on! Running4Life, I would love to hear about AA, how long you have been going, what your son thinks? I am missing the meeting today so I can have a therapy session (good grief, I should be so mentally healthy!). I am actually sorry to be missing it! More tidbits going forward, but I am cautious, as I know many people, including me about a month ago, were really negative about the idea of AA.

My hair is Halle Berry short. I love it. I have let it get salt and pepper, and it's so easy!

So many comments I can't remember what everyone said. Need two screens, I guess.

But yes, I gather it takes our bodies awhile to adjust. I am alternately kind of hyper and very tired, but neither is nasty like feeling hungover or craving.

Later.

Ann

Comment

MAE ladies

Well I slept like a log, just after posting here and woke up a few times but was determined to go back to sleep and i feel so much better today.

HR what a lovely idea, it is the little things in life that make a difference. I had a few of my regular patients ring me yesterday just to say hello and as busy as I was i spent the time to talk to them and listen. I have a patient, my age who has cancer and he calls and says "hi linda its robert I have cancer", i have to laugh and i know he is going through a hard time so just a chat with him makes his day and we have to catch up for coffee before one of his treatments.

NS thanks for the advice, i know i have put my body through hell and now it is my bodies turn to put me through it. Slowly slowly does it. Now short hair, means you just wash it, towel it and maybe some wax, that is it. Makes life so much easier! Oh god dont mention the perm, my mother used to do mine and there are some very scary photos to prove it.

Jvo hello and thanks for the encouragement, i am feeling pretty human this morning but a busy busy day today at work with lots of kisses to my special patients and a lot of talking and not much work, i love days like that. I normally would not post about how I feel but i am glad I did as it has put me back on track, not that i think i was off it but you never know with these feelings and the weekend is nearly upon me. I have mwo on most of the day at work but i just need to be quick to close it down if my arsehole boss meanders up. Did you manage to watch the rest of Smashed.

K9, i love looking at the young ones, had one 13 years younger than me when i was 43 but he was a real arse after three years so now i try for the ones my age but really they are no different from the young ones. Funny how the young ones love cougars as we are called. What kind of work do you do K9? It would be nice to find an interesting job that we look forward to going to each day.

Dot hope you are feeling better soon, if anything happens to me it is always the worst thing i can imagine but i sooooo dont google my symptoms anymore. Gets me into worse trouble. I need to go and get this damn blood test done the dr wants me to have and now i have not been drinking i feel i may just have the courage to do it.

Aca it is nice so nice not to have that horrible hangover feeling day in day out even though sometimes when i wake up it feels like it. I just want this damn headache to go but if that is the only symptom i have to endure so be it. I just feel sorry for the hell I put my body through.

Can I ask how i became a Senior Member. Gees that makes me feel old! Not sure i am ready for that important status.

Well have a lovely day/night my friends. Where is that G man?
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

By posting like a lunatic (your words, not mine :H). Once you hit 1000, you become a Senior Citizen...

available;1597628 wrote:
        Can I ask how i became a Senior Member. Gees that makes me feel old! Not sure i am ready for that important status.

Comment

LOL way too funny NS, obviously the posting like a "lunatic" works a treat. God i am peeing myself laughing over that one. You have made my morning xx

Comment

Can you imagine if we were all in a room together? We would not get a word in edgewise!
            Lol!!
            I will post later, too busy at work.
            Skimmed your posts though and they are AWESOME just like all of you!

Hugs,
            Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
            "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

available;1597628 wrote: Where is that G man?
              Maybe he's scared of the Cougars? :catroll: ROAR
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nar I wish we were all in a room together that would be lovely.

Poor Mr G, he is in hiding i gather but we could all stalk him as a collective group.

Busy at work also

Comment

We were just at the grocery store and dh asked if he could buy some wine....he got the LOOK....we did not buy any...he said that he missed it....too darn bad....
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Evening Cougars,

Short post this evening,

Dottie, thinking of you. Let us know how our appt. goes.

Available, that's wonderful how you have a rapport with patients. I know not all, but I love that feeling I get with some of my students. I still see some of my former students. We might go to lunch or get our nails done. Omg! Do I remember perms! Lord! My mother was a "beautician" as they called them back in the day. My perms were so tight! And congrats on your senior status! 1005 posts, my dear. Gonna watch the rest of smashed this evening.

Ladies, have a wonderful evening!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo;1597829 wrote: My perms were so tight!
                      I believe that was called an Afro! :H Did you leave the pick in it?
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9, haha! I had the pick but didn't leave it in my hair! OMG, I forgot about those. Thanks for bringing up all those repressed memories!!!!
                        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Well another day done and a busy day at that.

My daughter is coming over this afternoon as we are doing a candle making course on Sunday which should be fun and she wants to catch up and work out our plans. My instant thought was oh such a nice day we can sit outside and have a wine. WTF am I thinking. Big shake of the head with that one. So am having an iced tea and checking in here. Old habits die hard i suppose but for today I wont drink.

Lots of chocolates for xmas presents from my lovely patients today as my last clinic for the year. One more week to go before holidays till the 2nd january, woo hoo.

Comment

You people crack me up.

I didn't have the pick in my curls (I have straight hair), but I did have a large comb in the back pocket of my bell bottoms.

I have read all of the posts throughout the day (snuck it in at work) but after a 15+ hour day at work I am wiped out and can't speak to them all.

Know that as always I am grateful for all of you, your support, and your good humor. I wish we could all be in one room together - I know I'd be laughing! Day 10, over and out.

Comment

Pavati;1597336 wrote:

Alcoholism can be so isolating - it really is wonderful to have you all as validation that I am not alone on this journey.
                              Hi Cougars,

I like what you wrote above Pavarotti. I would isolate when drinking was in full swing in the past. Nothing, not family, not friends, not work would come between me and getting my drinking fix. It was a slow suicide. It is has been a valuable and heartening experience to have found this site and see that there are so many other great people on this planet like me. We are not alone, and i'm not talking Area 51.

Hope everyone's good. All very good here enjoying day 50 AF. There are no limits.

Take care y'all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Mr G congrats on your 50 days a very impressive number. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                                X