Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Krigs... yep, 6 weeks here! A week and a half off of Chatix, too. Still don't 'feel' like a non-smoker, though! How are you holding up, dear?

LVT and BH... you're feeling fantastic... there IS something to look forward to, right??? LOL

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hey sunny side up
      I took the chantix for 30 days and it really helped me with the drink/ciggy cravings. I came off it after 30 days as I thought I could do it cold turkey by then but then I had one or two massive cravings during the next two weeks. One of those times I got caught trying to sneak a ciggy I had bummed from a random stranger by my daughter who near lost the plot with me and frightened the living daylights out of me. Still it saved me and I was fine from then on. Strangely enough I recently had a craving and I put a patch on and I was fine. It really does get easier all the time.
      BH

Comment

Hi guys!! :goodjob:

Thanks Kriger--yeah, I am feeling pretty good! I had to add on my fingers--wow, it IS almost 9 months! I have been talking alot lately about quitting with my SIL because now she is quitting and I am such an expert!:H:H
        BH and I have had a lot in common on our journey here. I also had a slip about 3 months into my quit--had 2 ciggies, but I don't count them. It absolutely does get easier. At least it has for me, and that is the best part. That, and I do feel SO MUCH better being NF and AF!!

:thanks:
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey LVT
          Yeah I am an expert too! Sickening arent we!
          BH

Comment

WTF,

I have been NF for 9 weeks and I'm starting to think about smoking. I am completely miserable.

I find myself getting up to go have a cigarette and then stop myself.
            Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Change,
              I hit 6 weeks tomorrow and have been spared from cravings! I did have alcohol cravings yesterday; I don't know if it had anything to do with St Paddy's or not but it was annoying. I bought some AF beer and drank 3 while hubby drank his Bud.
              Don't take that FIRST cigarette.....it is a mantra I hear over and over again and it has been right on the mark for me several times. I have started and stopped several times in my life (once I quit for 17 years and picked up a cigarette 2 years ago-that was the biggest mistake I could have made). Just stay away from the 1st one and you'll be fine. I hope this post is not too late. Best to you, Change! Krigs
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Thanks Kriger,

The thing is I refuse to smoke so it is not too late. I know it is not good for me.

I just get angry at myself for being in this situation.

Sucks but I will get through it.

sigpic

Comment

You are almost a month ahead of me so I worry about getting through the next 6-8 weeks. I think if I can make it to 3 months I'll be home-free as they say....
                  I can feel that I am more tense, overall. Even when I sleep I am tense...I imagine that side affect goes away after a while. I am having extreme difficulty with eating sweets...I can't stay away from them. I am getting pretty disgusted with myself, to be honest. I am starting to feel all bloated and plumpy and just plain "not good" around the middle. Enough of my complaining....one addiction turns into another and when that goes away it turns into another....
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

I have noticed that I am more relaxed since giving my 20-30 pieces of nicotine chewing gum habit up. I dont get so many headaches either. Yes I am definitely eating more and have gained some weight but have managed to stay away from the sweets. Kriggy, have you tried lglutamine to balance those sugar cravings?
                    I also get the odd craving, but it doesnt last too long thankfully.
                    My overall feeling is that I am grateful for having kicked that nasty habit.
                    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I'm still amazed that I haven't smoked in 7 weeks and when I wake up in the morning it's not my first thought anymore -- very strange!

I have definetly developed a tyre around my middle from all the "snacking" LOL it was so much snacking as "gorging" myself on toffees.
                      The L-Glut definetly helped if I took it in the morning and evening.

A friend commented the other day that the dark rings under my eyes have gone and my skin looked clearer-- bonus! I hadn't even noticed.

Now it's just to work on all the flabby bits
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

I have put on about half a stone Deebs, (3 kilos) how about you?

Comment

I don't have a scale Starts but I reackon by the feel of my jeans it's probably about the same.
                          The problem is it starts in the tummy, moves to the hips and then WHAM hits me in the bust so I'm now two sizes up from what I was.
                          I'm getting tired of spending all the money I've saved on new bras!!!

Has the running helped you loose weight yet Starts?
                          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Wow!!! Mine just sticks to the tummy and hips...wish it would shift north too!

I dont think the running has made me lose yet Deebs, I think maybe its stopping me putting more on. But I really need to stop overeating. Sometimes I do OK but yesterday when I was tired and worried about my mum I had so much toast it was unreal! I guess in the past I would have had nicotine painkillers and alcohol, now my quick fix is food. Gotta nip that in the bud!

Comment

I am starting to put on lbs.

I have not been right in the head since I stoped. I was fine not drinking while smoking but not doing both is killing me.

I'm not sure if time will heal this one or if I need some medical attention. I made an appointment for the doc. its not til april

sigpic

Comment

Change, don't be too hard on yourself. Honestly I found giving up the twaks a real strain emotionally -- according to my family I was a right royal b*tch for a solid 4 weeks!!

It is difficult but it does get better and easier, I promise;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X