Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't read all these (many!) posts - but has anyone used the book by Allen Carr, "The Easyway to Quit Smoking"? I just ordered it after reading a lot of success stories online... He "makes" you smoke as you read the book - but then when you finally have read it, you smoke that last cig... and many apparently don't even want to by that point!

I REALLY have to quit!! I also have nic gum at the ready...
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

GREAT POST, SHERI!!

I think I will be saving that one...! Thank you.

(Whoops - we cross-posted --- but good to know his other book worked, too.)
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

bump for bear 73

Comment

I reread this ENTIRE thread this morning!! I posted on here over a year ago expressing my desire to quit and now I sit here proudly on day two. I wanted to share someone that has given me good insight and positive words of encouragement. Anthony Schneider, you can find him on Itunes under podcasts (it's free) and he also has clips on youtube that I have not watched, yet. His website is the ex-smoker.com Free Quit Smoking Tips For Smokers Who Think It's Impossible To Quit Smoking . I have found his podcasts to be repetitive but very positive and helpful. I don't like this other people who tell me how hard this quit will be and that I need to buy their hypnotic CD for $49.99. Anthony has very sound, sincere, support that I am finding to be most helpful with my quit.

Also, like AL, I am doing this drug free!!!

the new and improved,
          flyin'

Comment

Hi Everyone!!

Just wanted to give you a quick update. I have been NF for 1 year. My biggest fear of quitting this time was that I would spend my entire life wishing I could still smoke. That is definately not the case!!! Of course it was really hard at first, but it is so much easier now. Recently we had guests that are smokers, and I hardly even saw them because they were always out in there camper smoking and drinking!! I am so glad to get that monkey off of my back! Once in awhile, especially if I am hungry, tired and thirsty, I get an urge for a beer and a ciggy, but drinking or eating something usually takes it away.

So, for all of you quitting smoking--keep it up, keep trying, never quit trying to quit! It is so worth it!!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

flyinhigh;704278 wrote: I reread this ENTIRE thread this morning!! I posted on here over a year ago expressing my desire to quit and now I sit here proudly on day two. I wanted to share someone that has given me good insight and positive words of encouragement. Anthony Schneider, you can find him on Itunes under podcasts (it's free) and he also has clips on youtube that I have not watched, yet. His website is the ex-smoker.com Free Quit Smoking Tips For Smokers Who Think It's Impossible To Quit Smoking . I have found his podcasts to be repetitive but very positive and helpful. I don't like this other people who tell me how hard this quit will be and that I need to buy their hypnotic CD for $49.99. Anthony has very sound, sincere, support that I am finding to be most helpful with my quit.

Also, like AL, I am doing this drug free!!!

the new and improved,
              flyin'
              Thanks for posting this Flying and also to Sheri..I had missed your post before...very very helpful..thanks guys!
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

thanx for sharing

Comment

Two years and 20 days! I can't believe it!!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

A big congratulations to you! WOW.... 2 years already??? I remember when you quit...how time flies How wonderful to not have these addictions controlling our lives anymore, to be able to enjoy life as it's meant to be lived! :rays:
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Yes, Angel, I remember when you first responded to me here!! Thank you.:h:l

Comment

I'm on my second day NF. Please help I want to kill someone!
                        We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Working...
                        X