Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning everyone, i hope everyone has been able to be smoke free this weekend.

the AA convention was great, there was some great shares and there was dancing at night, which was funny, as everyone was happy and all they was doing was having irn bru and diet coke lol. i stayed in a lovely hotel which i went to gym and had a sauna and steam room so that was luxery. had lovely room aswell which i shared with my sponsor, we had to kingsize beds each. hehe. so yeah it was really interesting the whole thing and i never thought about booze once. people i met was nice people and some had alot of sobriety behind them. so i think i will go next year to this one again. they do have other conventions around the world which maybe one day i will go to one of them.

so hope u all had good weekend

its 73 days AF
    I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 10 hours, 34 minutes and 30 seconds (14 days). I have saved ?142.96 by not smoking 577 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

(((hugs)))

Comment

Hi guys, sounds like everyone is doing really well.

boozhag--I'm thinking just like you, I simply don't enjoy drinking if I can't smoke with it! I NEVER smoked unless I drank and I NEVER drank unless I smoked. So it makes it soooo much easier to quit smoking if I don't drink. I did test the waters again yesterday. Didn't really have an overwhelming urge to smoke, but did drink more than I should have. I'm feeling it today--so I'm getting back on my own little world and doing what I gotta do for me. No more trying to do what others want or what I perceive they expect!

Hang in there with me everybody!!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

boozehag;324120 wrote: Hi all
        I have must be about 40 days or so NF and I am pretty sure I will never smoke again. I have also come off the champix now too as I think I have broken the bing drinking/smoking pattern and although I personally didnt really experience any side effects it was a bit worrying all the bad press. I would definitely go back on it again if I felt any urges to drink/smoke and it was truly a miracle drug for me. As for the alcohol for some reason my brain does not really crave it now compared with before when I would be gagging for both drink and fags every 3/4 days. I have come to the conclusions that because my brain was used to the double whammy of nicotene and alcohol at the same time in a massive dose "it" (my brain that is) is now saying well %#$@ you there isnt much point in drinking if you wont give us any cigs! I am starting to think that I am actually lucky I was a binge drinker/smoker as it seems if one goes so does the other. I could be wrong of course (wouldnt be the first time!) but who cares for now I am not smoking and have no desire to drink either so its all good.
        Well done every one else too.
        Looking forward to keeping up with your progress. BB do tell us all about the AA conference.
        BH
        :goodjob: BH,

I sent you a PM and will be going on the Chantrix soon. Bye bye booze and tobacco. I gave my cigars away a few weeks ago. :upset: not really.

FB

Comment

Welcome aboard Florida boy!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Welcome aboard Florida Boy! It is well worth it....!!

Sounds like everyone here is still doing very well!

I am ending 21 days AF/Ciggie free. Feeling great!

Comment

hi florida boy and welcome.

im here for u LVT, dont worry about the booze just take it a day at a time and u will get there.

accountable good for u on both things. ofcause u feel great. well done

im 74 days AF
              I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 7 hours, 38 minutes and 39 seconds (15 days). I have saved ?151.64 by not smoking 612 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days and 3 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

hi all, how are u all doing?

its day 76 AF for me and also woot cant wait for my first month of SF.

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 25 seconds (18 days). I have saved ?180.79 by not smoking 730 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 12 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Hey there,
                  I looked at my stats on quitnet this morning, and I'm 70+ days NF!! I guess i quit smokina bout the same time you quit drinking barebones! I'm so happy for you, keep up the good work!

Comment

Hi you guys! You guys are doing sooooooooooooooo great!!!

I am at day 25 today AL free/NF. Feeling pretty darn good other than hacking up a lung or two. :H

Keep on going everyone!

Comment

Yup good work to us all. Day 47 for me. Up early early this Saturday morning to an beautiful foggy winter morning (well if you call 12 degrees winter and some do believe it not!) here in NZ. Another smoke free and alcohol free day ahead. Joy joy joy.
                      We are truly some of the lucky ones.
                      Still thinking about poor Bear and what fu@%ing bad luck he had.
                      BH

Comment

good job booze and accountable and LVT, keep on going

as u know im on the patches, so in 2 or 3 weeks i have to reduce the amount and also cut down on using the inhalor, so i will see how i get on.

good luck and have good weekend.

take care

I have been quit for 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 6 hours, 22 minutes and 42 seconds (19 days). I have saved ?190.72 by not smoking 770 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 16 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Hey all
                          We cant let this thread die. Barebones how are you going. How much money have you saved now? Florida Boy have you started the Champix yet and if so whats your reaction to it. How you going Accountable and LVT25? All still fag free!
                          BH

Comment

Hi.... yes, I am still on the AF/Ciggie Free bandwagon! I am on day 29 now.

I had a super busy weekend and wasn't able to come on here much. It was also a long weekend here.

Feeling pretty good! My chest is a little tight again. I guess it is par for the course. It kind of feels like the lungs are going to crack. LOL.

Nice to see you, boozehag. (I laugh EVERY time I see your alias)

How about the rest of you? How are you all doing?

Comment

Thanks boozehag I guess everyone is doing great! I was skeptical at first, but it really does get easier! it helps I'm still not around my smoking friends much at all. I've been gardening and working outside and that was always the time I wanted beer and ciggies. This weekend a friend mentioned she was going to go home and have a ciggie and a beer, and I thought "that sounds really good." But I went home and ate some food and drank tea instead. Maybe someday it won't "sound good". This weekend we are going to a bbq birthday party. That will be a test. If I just nibble, take it real easy on the beer, I will be ok.

Comment

hi ya peeps!

ive been ok, except this past weekend and yesterday, my mood dropped and that, but it wasnt anything to do with the cigs or al. but things is better today. i went to see this lady who deals with people giving up smoking, she is going to see me once a week to help and support me for 3 months, which will be a added bonus for me. she deals with mental health peeps and quitting smoking. which is what i need. also i saw my first doc at a substance abuse clinic yesterday, he is going to send me to a nurse who will see me and see how im getting on not drinking. so again all the support i can get is going to be great. so im glad u all are still at it, also good luck LV for ur BBQ, just stay positive and remeber that ur a non smoker.

its day 81 AF for me

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 15 hours, 24 minutes and 46 seconds (22 days). I have saved ?224.15 by not smoking 905 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 3 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

speak soon, so keep us updated in how u are all getting on. i will keep posting.

Comment

Working...
                                X