Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ready to quit smoking? or Have you already Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barebones, I completely agree about the importance of getting 'additional' help if you need it.

I really want to stay AF and cigarette free very badly. I am seeing a counselor on June 10th to help me with personal issues that lead to my abusing alcohol etc. I very much want a 'healthy' life, both physically, and mentally.

I will see this therapist for 7 sessions and then, possibly, go into group therapy. I am VERY excited.

You are doing very well with your sobriety & not smoking. We all have down days.... and you are doing great riding them out!

Great job everyone! Good luck with the BBQ LVT. I know you will do great because you have a plan!!

Comment

I better bump this up so we dont lose it. I was out with friends for lunch yesterday - both smokers and they both lit up as we left the cafe - I just stood there chatting to them and trying to avoid breathing in the smoke but it never occurred to me that I should have one and it never occurred to them either. I tried to remember today what I looked like/felt like smoking and I just couldnt picture me smoking. Its only a week short of two months but I guess it means I am not a smoker anymore - yipee! Hope your all doing ok. Barebones how you going with the patches?
      BH

Comment

That's great BH! I think I'm there, but I just don't trust myself yet. When I've been around the stinky things I think just that--how stinky!! My fear is I'll drink too much, and then my inhibitions will be set free! I will have a test tomorrow, but as long as I eat, I should be ok. I may have to go home early, but oh, well. If my friends don't understand tough shit!!
        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

hi all, hope u all are doing fine. accountable good luck with the therapy, i understand what its like as ive been through it and am still going through it.

i will be going onto my 4th week soon, i cant wait to get my first month under my belt. speak to u all soon, take care all.

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 15 hours, 27 minutes and 9 seconds (25 days). I have saved ?253.87 by not smoking 1,025 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 13 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Ok you guys---send me positive vibes!! I'm going to BBQ with smoking and drinking friends! I need willpower and a brain!! I can do this--won't be that hard, will it??

I am a non smoker, I am a non smoker, I am a non smoker!!
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I am sending you TONS of positive vibes!! TONS and TONS!

You can do this.... keep telling yourself that smoking is DISGUSTING! Stinky, sickly, waste of money, health and time, disgusting!

Comment

I had a 'drag' off of one the day before yesterday, and it was GROSS! After almost 5 weeks, it totally tasted like chemicals.

I certainly am happy I am not smoking any more. Oh, and the smell on others.............. ewwwwwe!

Comment

Thanks accountable. I so wish that I didn't worry about this so. The "thoughts" keep coming. Like, maybe i could just pick up a pack of those "flavored" cigars...I wouldn't inhale.....I know it would taste like shit. i told my husband after almost 3 months,you would think I wouldn't want to smoke. It must be soooo ingrained in my brain. I think I'll gt my books and cds out before I go.
                  thanks for the support and vibes... I can feel them!!

Comment

My dad said that the toughest times for quitting happens in threes. The 3rd week of quitting smoking, the third month, etc. He use to smoke 3 packs a day - no lie for like 30 years. He gave them up in 93, and has been my biggest nag since LOL! :H

Comment

Hi ya girls, u can do the bbq LV, just think positive thoughts.

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 7 hours, 9 minutes and 22 seconds (27 days). I have saved ?270.24 by not smoking 1,091 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 18 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Hate to admit this to you guys, but I caved. As a matter of fact, I barely tried. I almost bought cigars when I bought my beer for the bbq, the cashier talked me out of it. When I got around my friends and watched them enjoy their ciggies, I just had to have one. And I did, and then 3 more during the evening. STUPID!! I hope it doesn't trigger me to start in again. I really don't think so. Please stay stronger than I am. I absolutely hated the shitty taste in my mouth this morning, and I pretty much felt like crap today.

Sorry, I feel like I've let you down.
                        :upset:

Maybe next time I have such an event (will be 4th of July) I will wear mittens! I'm calling this a slip, still going to be 90 days NF on June 1.

Comment

Hey LVT25 - you certainly havent let us down now way. It is not your fault I totally blame your friends! Mine would refuse to give me any now even if I begged!
                          Do you think it was the nicotine or the mental habit that called you?
                          Maybe next time plan ahead and get some nicorette gum or get one of those plastic cigarettes with the nicotene and puff on that instead might get you over the hump.
                          Yep keep counting.
                          BH

Comment

boozehag;332570 wrote: Hey LVT25 - you certainly havent let us down now way. It is not your fault I totally blame your friends! Mine would refuse to give me any now even if I begged!
                            Do you think it was the nicotine or the mental habit that called you?
                            Maybe next time plan ahead and get some nicorette gum or get one of those plastic cigarettes with the nicotene and puff on that instead might get you over the hump.
                            Yep keep counting.
                            BH
                            boozehag took the words right out of my mouth. Nicorette Gum works wonders in a pinch! You definitely did not let us down. My gosh, a slip is just that - a slip! :l

Comment

i cant say anything more than whats been said.
                              hope to see u carry on no smoking.

I have been quit for 4 Weeks, 7 hours, 22 minutes and 17 seconds (28 days). I have saved ?280.23 by not smoking 1,132 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 22 hours and 20 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 28/04/2008 00:00

Comment

Thanks guys. With me it's pretty much totally a mental issue. I smoked when I drank forever, and the need to do both at the same time now is still very strong. That's the main reason I don't drink much, it's just not as enjoyable. Sounds so stupid! How can smoking those filthy things be enjoyable?
                                I could have planned better, but I was lazy basically. If I would have drank something besides beer would have probably helped alot.
                                Oh, well, I'm not going to dwell on it. The next test will be 4th of July when we have our family reunion. My brother smokes like a chimney. I'll definately have a plan for that week.

Comment

Working...
                                X