Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

30 days, no wine, no junk, lots of exercise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinksters !! I missed you all for the past week. This has been such a great thread, so why did I stop posting for a bit. Well because I've went back to my nightly wine habit for 5 days. It sure doesn't take much to get back into it :upset:

=====================================

Keepwalking, 28 days. You started out this thread strong and I can see you are finishing it strong to. Amazing ! I'm so looking forward to your 30 !

Tips you did SO great this month. You should be so very proud. Where you live sounds so beautiful.

Daisy 31 days....such an achievement. Bad news would get to anyone. So Sorry. It's great that you jumped right back in.

Blues....40 days and 40 nights !! No one can ever take that away from you. Sounds like a dream come true for me.

Mia, I love how you post every day. I'm sure it is helping someone out there besides yourself. 33 days...wonderful !!

Barb and S.J. - I give you too alot of credit. Keep up the great work.

3 more days in June.....I can do this and I WILL do it !!

Take care of yourselves. Miss O.
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Daisy- I loved your post. We've had lots of ups and downs on this thread but collectively we've had more AF days then not. Like you said we learn from our mistakes and get stronger.
      AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hi Gang, welcome back Miss October. Back into the old rut again. This morning woke up a little fuzzy headed and thought, "I sure felt good for those 17 days I didn't drink." I don't feel awful enough to call it a hangover but it's close. I would like to recapture my thought patterns over most of those 17 days AF. It really was easy. But it's hard again. Took two L-Glut's 1000 each before dinner last night and still drank a little more than my share of a bottle of wine. Not proud and a little confused about how easily we fall back into those patterns. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?
        Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
        ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi to you all, you are an amazing group of women.
          Its so scary that we are all of us plagued by the poison of AL. I read Alan Carrs book about 6 years ago and did nothing about it.
          I have been battling with my weight for years and I realise that the problem is caused not by bad eating habits, but by bad drinking habits. Am just about to go to bed and listen to my new hypnotherapy CD - Ailsa Frank, Take Control of Alcohol. (Someone recommended it to me on MWO as being better than the MWO CD's!!) I am very happy to report a full 7 days AF. This is a first for a very long time.
          I was tempted over the week but with the help of this thread and my pal SJ was able to keep out of trouble. I am now adopting the same strategy to my eating. Do I really need to eat something or is it boredom, an excuse etc. 18 days to my hols now and still aiming for my 24 days AF and also 10lbs lighter. Tip - over this thread you have written such great stuff - you know the answer, just get back on track and don't beat yourself up. Maybe we should all just be saying, today I didn't drink and not be counting how many days we were good/bad on/off and in good old AA style just count the day we are on? My brother is an alcoholic (AF 18mths) and he says being answerable to his sponsor and having him there to talk to when he needs him is his saving grace. (obviously I have the same AL gene)
          The thought of joining AA leaves me cold, but if everyone there is as supportive as everyone on this thread, then maybe its isn't such a bad idea after all. Food for thought.
          keep walking, Ill be joining your thread for July please.
          love, light and positive thought.
          glam
          x

Comment

Good Morning all you lovely PINSKERS!!

Im going for my mamagram in about a hour, blood tests, everything today complete check up!! I hate that machine that they put your boobs into Im always scared tht machine wont stop and squash you I had nightmares about it last night.

Tipps suggestions? I just know for myself I cannot moderate god knows I had tried and tried for at least 25 years. I always end up back to where I was before I gave up. I just noticed the last few years I was getting there quicker and quicker. And each time I wanted to give up it was getting harder and harder to.

I have been sober for 7 years, another time 11 months, another time 3 months then 2 weeks an then now. I cannot go back too drinking again this time. I want to remember the last of my forties and I really want to turn 50! I have totally committed myself body mind and spirit 100% this time around. I have to and want to. That is the key you have to want to give it up.

I have to go now and get my boobs squashed!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx LOve n Light

Comment

Mia- I want to be you!!!! I admire your 100% commitment. You're a ROCK STAR !!!!
              AF since 06/27/2011

Of all vices, drinking in the most imcompatible with greatness. Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Hey,

There you all are! Good to see everyone coming back. Please don't make me start over trying to find a new place where I fit in. You guys are the best.
                I have read everyone's posts and I am on the last leg of my move. Still AL free, day 38.
                Sick of this though and heart broken leaving my safe and comfortable home for a while.
                I will have to be extra strong in a new environment. I hope this doesn't rock my world apart.
                Kind of scared and sad all rolled into one big ball of yuck. :yuk:
                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                choose the GOOD
                ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi Ladies:
                  I am back. I visited my Brother in Law and took him Whale watching. We saw plenty of Orcas. He has been a bit depressed lately so it was time to get him out doing something fun. While visiting I unfortunately had a couple of glasses of wine and some beer. It was painful visiting my Sister's house without her there. We all miss her desparately. I am back on track now and on day three. Hoping I can stay on track. It is certainly better than it has been. I am off for my run soon. Hope you guys are all doing well and staying fit. There will be slips along the way but don't spend time worrying about what can't be changed, just pick yourself up and dust yourself off.
                  Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Tipps- I've been thinking about you all day. I don't really have any sugg
                    estions. I'm not sure how to recapyure the pattern either, but I wanted to you to know I'm thinking about you. There was something in your post that makes me feel a little worried about you. I'm sure one of the pinksters will be able to help you figure it out.
                    So ladies, I know we talked about this a couple of weeks ago, but I'm wondering who's up for another 30 days. I want to continue on and I definately can't do it by myself. I've grown attatched to the pinksters.
                    Hot pink hugs to everyone
                    Kymberly
                    AF since 06/27/2011

Comment

HI BARB great to see you! So good 38 days AF I am right behind you xx I would be sad if I had to leave my home for a while but if I had to I would put all my things around me in my new home and try to make it look the same and just make it all yummy and cosy! It will not rock your world because you will be back there in no time. Dont feel yuk because you are beautiful xxxxxxxxxxxx Maybe light some nice incense or burn some essential oils where you are now!! Cook something really yummy that you use to cook in your other home and make where you are living smell like home. At least you know you are going back there! xxxx

Comment

YEH KYMBERLY!! I am up for another 30 days!!! Common everyone lets all do it together it was so much fun this last month with all the PINKSTERS. I love coming herexxxxx

Comment

BARB, I just had to laugh I read what you just posted on another thread about the embrassing things we did when drunk. I did the same thing as you countless times I would wake up looking for my partner only to find him not there so I would ring him and yep I had kicked him out once again. Woops! xxxxx We are still together JUST!

Comment

THANK YOU MIA!

You are right of course. Great suggestions. I will use them, and you are so right. I will be back in about a year.
                            I'm so proud of you, and I am ready for another 30 days.

Hey Tips, and Blues hi to you, and everyone. Sorry, I'm out of sorts right now, not myself.
                            Tips, the hypnotherapy CD's are great! They are really helping to reprogram my brain, I think.
                            I don't think about AL as much. I am re-reading the MWO book. Did you read it?
                            Sometimes members here will send you the book and the CD's when they are done. Maybe you can post a request on a new thread. You sound a little different lately on your posts. R U ok? :h
                            THOUGHTS become THINGS
                            choose the GOOD
                            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Mia;1138705 wrote: BARB, I just had to laugh I read what you just posted on another thread about the embrassing things we did when drunk. I did the same thing as you countless times I would wake up looking for my partner only to find him not there so I would ring him and yep I had kicked him out once again. Woops! xxxxx We are still together JUST!
                              Today was the first time I actually laughed about that! OMG! It was so horrible at the time. I actually would have never thought about that if that thread didn't come up.
                              In my defense, he actually deserved a few of them! :H
                              For a while he thought his name was "Get the f**k out".
                              THOUGHTS become THINGS
                              choose the GOOD
                              ones!

Comment

Tipplerette;1138457 wrote: Hi Gang, welcome back Miss October. Back into the old rut again. This morning woke up a little fuzzy headed and thought, "I sure felt good for those 17 days I didn't drink." I don't feel awful enough to call it a hangover but it's close. I would like to recapture my thought patterns over most of those 17 days AF. It really was easy. But it's hard again. Took two L-Glut's 1000 each before dinner last night and still drank a little more than my share of a bottle of wine. Not proud and a little confused about how easily we fall back into those patterns. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?
                                Hey Tips,

Why not read back through all of your old posts to remember how you felt. I read through mine as if it were a journal.
                                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                                choose the GOOD
                                ones!

Comment

Working...
                                X