~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Stupid wine purse! In my 20's and even in my 30's I would have loved to have one of those, sad to say. I'm glad to be more aware of what alcohol does to us.. sad that the alcohol industry can get away with what they do. Like we always say, that wouldn't be the case with cigarettes or any other drug! Except sugar.
    TGIF and I'm done with work and can enjoy another 24 af hours here in the café with my friends..xx

Comment

Great quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].

The only reason I stay on FB is my family connection back home. If I go more than a few days without posting, my sisters think I'm lost some where or worse. ;~)

I'm thankful to be here asking for another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

In the beginning I though FB was a great idea and I signed on mostly to follow with family news, just like the rest of you. But it wasn't long at all before family members started posting their political comments along with whatever family things they might post. I found it annoying and quit using it altogether. I never took the time to close my account tho. I am really thankful that we all steer clear of politics here. It can be so divisive.

Another good quote today, Cowboy. I surely never would've chosen to take on the challenge of regaining sobriety, but here I am! I'm sorry I got into this pickle but I'm glad I took on the challenge of getting out of it!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:23 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 for me please and thanks. Yesterday was national margarita day. OMG these stupid holidays.. I am on FB mainly to see pics of family and grandkids. I have to hide feeds from my friends that post all the political stuff. I’m also glad this is not a political arena. Those days of if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything are over. People get behind their computer and completely crucify each other. . Its insane. Hope everyone has a great day. I’m making brownies with the grands today.

Comment

35F with HEAVY rain coming today.
              Off early for the funeral of a friends wife. She was on her way to work and a tree fell, hitting her car. She passed a few days later, So sad.
              24 more please.

Comment

Sorry about your friends wife Mr. V. Each day is a gift that we should be grateful for.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend's wife Mr V, boy, that brings a whole new meaning to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Really, if you think about it, what are the odds...

Well, I 'm officially tired of winter. I don't mind shoveling snow but this past month of bitter cold is really getting to me. We had a couple of days of milder weather and tonight it's supposed to drop down into the -30's again.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a tragic event, Mr. V! Your friend must be in shock. So sad.

Jude, we are one month away from official Spring! :love: I hope you will have some porch reports for us soon. I have noticed the tips of some daffodils poking up thru the soil recently.

Anyone here that gets DVDs thru Netflix or the library? There is a quirky little comedy show from the BBC that is quite good, IMO. It appeals to both Mr. D and I and is about a couple of nerdy guys who share a hobby of metal detecting. It's called the Detectorists. It just finished up it's 3rd and final season. The fan base is quite disappointed that they are done but the writers wanted to quit while the show was still interesting. They didn't want to let it run until it ran out of steam.

Thanks for the reminder PM Cowboy. I'm ready and able to assume my duty tomorrow morning!

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Love the quote. Good reminder to stay in the present and take it one day at a time, Café style!
                        Dill

Comment

Oh @Mr Vervil, so very sorry to hear this. Thinking of that poor family as they go through this.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], thanks for the tip. We have watched several BBC series that we really enjoyed. I'll check this one out.

Had to chuckle [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] when I read your post about FB and unfollowing friends. I have more unfollowed friends than followed friends anymore. lol Sometimes I find myself wondering whatever happened to so and so, only to find that I've unfollowed them!

Great quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Another reminder to live in the moment.

35° but sunny, atm. Won't get above 48° today! One more cold night then back to 60-70s. Whoot whoot!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] they should have just did that with TWD too,that show has gotten so unwatchable that I haven't even checked it out since it's been back this spring Mr.V,wow that's a terrible loss! Shows us we just never know 3:58 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Mr. V I’m so sorry about your friends wife. WOW you just never know what’s in store for you. Terrible tragedy. I am so glad that I am no longer drinking. Last night my granddaughter woke me up as there were fire trucks next door. Apparently they were responding to smoke coming from the house. After about 1/2 hour all was over. But damn. There is a perfect example of needing to keep clear headed at all times. Our houses are so close that if that house became engulfed in flames ours would go too. Another reason to stay off the booze! I’m quite thankful for my sobriety. This was a solid reminder! Hope everyone has a great day. I will check in later for Breakfast ABC!

Comment

Whenever you fall, pick something up.
                                ~ Oswald Avery
                                An easy to remember quote about life. A bit like your mom telling you not to leave the room empty handed, there is always something to be taken to the kitchen or brought back into the room or errands to be run. However this quote has the added benefit of also telling us to learn from our mistakes and take the gift of wisdom and experience with us. There is always something to be learned from every experience we have, whether good or bad.
                                Sometimes the fastest way is not always the best way. Sometimes the best things in life take a while.
                                ~ Emily Beth

I was out by the pond yesterday morning helping Mr. D once again with the watering system. It has been working fine but he wanted to adjust something having to do with at what point the pump kicks on to refill the tank. Anyway, I was doing a lot of standing around out there when I noticed I was hearing birds calling to each other! It was a pair of red-wing black birds. Kind of early for our area I would say. Maybe it's a good sign...

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I have been watching TWD but I agree with you. It's well past its time. It says more about me than the show that I am still watching it. It shows what a creature of habit I am!

24 more for me and all of us here, please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; February 24, 2019, 06:21 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X