~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Nothing much here either. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], continuing to send healing thoughts.

Counting my blessings and asking for another day!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy!

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], thanks for the John Denver song. Mr. J makes fun of me but I love his music.

For the first time in quite awhile, I finally got 8 hours of sleep last night. Feels so good!

Thanks for breakfast yesterday [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it was yummy!

Striving for another 24 hours of freedom...

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the song [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. John Denver had a lot of great songs but of course "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" is my favorite lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think John Denver was a really good musician and a positive force in the world. It was tragic when he died so young. I didn't follow his music and career all that closely, but I did like the songs that he put out. You tell Mr. J to stop teasing you, Jude! Or find a way to tease him right back!

I can see that being one of your favorites, Cowboy! And one of mine was Country Roads. I still start singing along when I hear it!

I have joined the legions who have turned to old recordings on Youtube to unwind in the evenings. Johnnie Carson, Jay Leno and other variety shows are fun to revisit. I miss the days when there was wholesome and civil entertainment. Hard to find today. Hoping it comes back.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; January 30, 2023, 07:21 AM.
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I don’t know where yesterday went but it did not involve alcohol for me. I have been watching Yellowstone and am up to season 4. That’s where my time must be going. Lol. Hope everyone has a great and alcohol free day! 24 more please!!

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], _/\_

I love John Denver! At one time I had all his albums. Hmmmm, wonder where they went.

I'll take another day of freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                    I have been watching Yellowstone and am up to season 4.
                    I couldn't really get into Yellowstone (not quite my cup of tea) but I really loved the prequel series 1883.

Comment

Late check in. Blessings all. Another 24!

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I am also watching Yellowstone and am on season 3. On the one hand I like it, but I'm kind of put off by all of the corruption and violence.

Humbly asking for another 24...

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I agree Jude, there is a lot of violence. I watch it while doing crafts so it keeps me busy. Hope everyone has a great day. Weather here has been beautiful. Beaches still closed and they are still pulling out boats and other debris from the water. Maybe another year before swimming is allowed. Another 24 for me please and thank you. I am learning that bringing my own drink in a thermal mug is a good way to avoid others pushing drinks on me. They do not know I have sparkling water in there. Keeps it simple and keeps me sober.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I wonder how long it will take before debris quits washing up on the beaches [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], hard to believe how long lasting the effects of a hurricane can be. And glad you found a way to maintain your sobriety throughout those social events!

I think the only way for us to watch any of the Yellowstone series (isn't there 3 of them?) is to subscribe to Paramount+ and don't think I'd do that just for those shows. They sometimes have a Yellowstone marathon on the weekends but I don't often watch them because of all the swearing. I still laugh at something Adam once said "This may contain scenes of violence, course language, nudity, and sexual conduct, the four things that a good movie great" lol.

We don't watch much tv, as we find there's not much good on to watch either [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. We have a few regulars that we tune into; Law and Order, Transplant, Gold Rush, Moutain Men, and Life Below Zero. We have started having "Saturday Afternoon Matinees" where we make popcorn and pick a movie off Amazon Prime.

Winter is definitely back with much colder temps and some snow shoveling exercise as it snowed overnight and in the forecast for the next couple of days...

Comment

Gratefully accepting another 24.

Yellowstone is over the top violence and language, but I still find myself watching it for some reason. I think a lot of it is because I enjoy the scenery and the depiction of the cowboy's lives and work. I too enjoyed the prequel series more than Yellowstone.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X