No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:17am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happ Easter y'all!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It wasn't a complete detour Jude, just a bump in the road, just get headed in the right direction again.

Comment

Crap, Jude! I'm sorry. I hope my slippage didn't contribute to yours. I always hesitate to confess for fear of that very thing. Ugh.... let's get back on that proverbial horse.

Happy Easter and may we all have a blessed, easy day!

Comment

Cowboy, what a festive spread this morning! Thank you so much for making the holiday special for us.

Jude, looks like you gave yourself a strong reminder about what you have been happily missing. And now you know what to do next.

Cowboy, the other day you asked me if we have two separate water systems here and I didn't answer. Yes, we do. But only one that serves the house and the outdoor spigots. The other system is a separate well and it supplies water to the pastures where the cattle are kept.

I can't believe Lent came and went. I'm afraid I didn't do so well at keeping my Lenten promises. I had hoped to pray more because the world is in need of it. Altho I did accomplish at least that much, I fell way short of HOW MUCH more I had promised. But, I'll keep trying. Doesn't have to be restricted to Lent after all!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy Easter Cafe. Jude, you know what to do. We are here to help and pick each other up. I always think that compared to how we used to drink, we are still better off with a slip or two once in a while as long as we get right back on track. It’s not worth beating yourself up over. Although I do understand because I beat myself up hard on my last slip. Yesterday, I once again found myself in the wine section but did not do it. I wanted to so badly. What the hell, when does this craving end???? Ginger, when exactly do you start the trip home? I am dreading it already and we still have over a month to go. More people will start to leave after today. It’s 80 degrees, low humidity and sunny here today. Absolutely a perfect day! Wishing everyone a sober and wonderful day! 24 more please!

Comment

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement folks. Time to get back on the horse!

24 more please...

Comment

I hope everyone had a good Easter. Ours was low key. We actually postponed our get together until next week because we are still putting things back together here after the plumbing fiasco. That, plus grandson wasn't feeling well. So, we'll celebrate next week. We did celebrate by having a family group text going all day, so all was not lost.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

12:53pm in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    Jude58 Ginger999 dill Rava

Comment

I couldn't log in earlier this morning but got in now. Doesn't look like the site is quite back to normal yet though.

Comment

Good morning cafe! Well it looks as though our area is under a winter storm watch for tomorrow and Thursday. Where are you Spring?

Anyway, it's still a good day not to drink, so I'm in for another 24...

Comment

We woke up to thunder, lightning and heavy rain this morning. We ae under a flood watch in our area. I guess Spring is in my neighborhood today, Jude.

Cowboy, I guess the kinks are still not worked out on the site. I suspect techie is still having difficulties logging on or we'd see him here.

Today will be a very good day not to drink.
                          Dill

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            Jude58 dill

Comment

It looks like either too much rain or too much snow for you guys dill and Jude, we're supposed to be sunny and +21C (72F) today. Crazy spring weather!

We might not see Ginger today either, she told me yesterday via Messenger that they were heading for home today, so safe travels Ginger.

Comment

Iwe're supposed to be sunny and +21C (72F) today. Crazy spring weather!​
                                We had some absolutely fabulou sspring weather over the weekend, more like 17/18C but that's a perfect temp in my books when the sun is shining. But it changed suddenly this afternoon, now the wind is howling and knocking bins etc. over (supposed to get heavy rain tonight too). Hope everyone had a good easter., Had a quiet easter here, a nice walk in the sunshine and then my mom's friend came over for chicken dinner with all the fixings (AF of course).
                                Last edited by Mulburry; April 2, 2024, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X