No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it home!!! A little dicey on the last stretch due to fog and one temporary closer due to a wreck but fortunately people slowed way down! After five months in a 40ft 5th wheel, our home seems huge. Lol

Hitting the ground running with a morning and afternoon full of commitments. I'll take another!

Comment

Glad that you made it home safe Ginger, I'm sure that you're glad

happy to be home again!

​​​​​Nothing much going on here, but I do need to get some groceries which these days costs an arm and a leg. Uggh!

24 more please...

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
        Jude58 dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We are having our Easter Dinner today as we had to postpone it from last week due to circumstances. We'll be putting together a scavenger hunt for the grandkids. It looks like the weather is going to cooperate.

Yes, Jude, the cost of groceries is through the roof. And Lord help the young people trying to get a start in life by buying their first home.

Still, today will be a very good day not to drink.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad to see you made it home safely Ginger, enjoy all that extra room!

I'll bet your Easter dinner will be fantastic dill, enjoy your time with the family.

I know what groceries cost for just Bubba and I Jude, I can't imagine what it would cost for a family with kids.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. This is the first time I have been able to log on. Yay. Thank you administration! Ginger, so glad you made it home safely! Dill, hope your Easter dinner is a good one. Yes I have missed this group and come to realize that we have a special bond that cant really be explained. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. 24 more and so glad to be back!!!

Comment

We are off to fill our cupboards! A trip to Costco and Winco is our entertainment today.

Dill, your Easter sounds fun. We are going to try and catch up with our kids today.

Thanks for being here! I'll take another!

Comment

Good morning cafe! I need to check in later on Sundays so that I can enjoy one of cowboy's fantastic breakfasts.

​​​​​​Dill, sounds like your Easter celebrations were a lot of fun, especially with grandkids around to make things more lively.

Well, it looks like tomorrow is going to be crazy around here due to the solar eclipse. Apparently folks will be flooding in from all over to see it. There are signs on the highway letting people know that traffic will be extremely heavy before and especially after the eclipse. I'm lucky that I can view the eclipse from my backyard, so no crowds for me.

24 more please...

Comment

Rava, so glad you were finally able to log on. I hope your problem is permanently fixed.

Jude, everyone is excited about the eclipse here, too. I guess we are in a perfect spot for viewing the total eclipse. The schools have given the day off to the students. The schools also gave out the special viewing glasses. Someone handed me one last week as I was leaving Church.

We enjoyed our visit yesterday. The weather was perfect for our scavenger hunt and everyone enjoyed it. Mr. D got into the clues with enthusiasm this year and he came up with a clever one where the clue was actually in a bottle under water attached to a fishing line that they had to reel in. It was cute!

I'll be drinking another coffee as I wait for breakfast and more friends to arrive. Hope techie makes an appearance.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; April 7, 2024, 04:48 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      Jude58 dill Rava Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'm finally here with breakfast lol

Comment

Glad that you're finally able to log in Rava, lets hope it stays that way.

We're only supposed to get about a quarter of the eclipse, but it'll still be worth watching. It'll be quite a sight I'm sure for those of you in the path of the total eclipse.

Comment

We are so far away from the eclipse, I'm not sure we will even notice. Take pics and share them with me!

Yummy breakfast, ABC. Having linner with sisters today at 3p. Its a birthday celebration and will be great to see them and have some laughs! We are going to Outback Steakhouse so I see a bloomin onion in my future. Yummo!

Hope we all have an easy day! I'll take another.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                              We're only supposed to get about a quarter of the eclipse, but it'll still be worth watching. It'll be quite a sight I'm sure for those of you in the path of the total eclipse.
                              Same here, they're saying 28%, but I don't think I'll see a thing as it's supposed to be a total rain out tomorrow. Have fun all of you that in the path totality (and on the path of sobriety, haha) !

Comment

Good morning cafe! Thanks for breakfast yesterday cowboy, yummy!

Here's to another 24 hours for all of us!

Comment

Working...
                                X