No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're doing great [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], just stick with it. That pesky voice in your head will eventually fade away to nothing more than a whisper, then move out altogether! The neighbor's that I work for spring and fall seed around 7000 acres. This year it will be a combination of oats, peas, wheat, canola, and barley. Oats and peas are done, working on the 2400 acres of wheat right now.

It is amazing what technology has done for farming [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and yes, 80% of our breakdowns are electronic in nature. But it helps the farmer cut down on input costs and more efficient use of the land. But then technology has become such a big part of everyone's life, no telling what it will be like 100 years from now!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sounds like everyone is doing great! 5:34 am in Vegas another 24 for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Holy tractor cowboy! That's a huge piece of machinery with a lot of technology to boot. No way could I drive that beast! I have trouble driving the lawn tractor!:hehe: The farmers here have been busy planting as well, with corn being the main crop in these parts, along with alfalfa. I surely do love the smell fresh cut hay!
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...sorry that your new volunteer job isn't going so well. That kind of work doesn't sound very enjoyable, especially if you're not being paid. There are so many opportunities for volunteering that I don't think that you would have trouble finding something more suited to you. I've thought of volunteering for some of the local animal shelters, but I just know that I'd want to bring everything home with me!

Sounds as though you are settling in nicely [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It definitely helps to hang pictures up in a new place, as it makes things feel like home.

Another 24 please, and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great video Cowboy. The new technology in farming has allowed for much more efficiency and better use of the land. The cost of the technology must be huge though and should be reflected in the cost of the crops produced. Next opportunity I have, I’m going to thank a farmer!

Dill, sorry the volunteer position is so difficult. Good for you to give it a month, hope it improves. It shows how important the work is but it is still a volunteer position. If it’s not for you, you’ll soon find another way to give back.

We found out yesterday afternoon that the fire alarm system in our building works. Not sure what caused the alarm but the residents were outside for about 30 minutes while the building was checked. I was impressed with the quick response from Calgary FD, they had 4 engines and crews on site in less than 10 minutes.

Big Al, you’re doing great. As Techie pointed out, the struggles are so worthwhile. Yesterday I thought I’d check my day count and was surprised to see it was 800 days. One day at a time and they quickly add up!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

You're doing great, Big Al! One day at a time.

Rava, what the heck? Are you looking for a bigger place?

Dill, that's the great thing about volunteering; you can change your mind! I started out at our local animal shelter and my heart was broken every day I worked. So many animals needing homes because humans are stupid. I lasted three weeks. I built and now manage a rescue organization's website. Suits me better.

Hope we all have an easy day and keep that beast at bay! 24 more here, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & technology geeks. Gorgeous day here. Another 24 for moi. Have a great one. Blessings x
              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Hey Cafe. Late check in. We went condo looking yesterday. Really not sure what we are looking for. Maybe nothing. Now that we are here full time it has crossed our mind to maybe find another condo just a tad bigger than what we are in. The two we looked at yesterday did not compare. So its just a thought right now. Its the top of the market so not good for buyers right now. As a seller its great! Dill, I’m sorry you are not loving your volunteer job. I do give you credit for giving it a month. As you know things could change for the better at some point. My food pantry job was physically draining and I would come home and sleep. Then I moved. LOL. Not sure I would have kept it up. I’m too old for that. Hope everyone is having a good day. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good evening cafe friends. Another long day. I will be happy when this week is over. At least I am without the craziness of alcohol.

Another 24 please.

Comment

5:13am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a chilly 35°F this morning, but at least it's a sober one!

Congratulations [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] on 800 days!

Another 24 for me please...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, we’re finding it an adjustment downsizing to just over 1,200 square feet. We will have to sell a few more things but once we’re done, it will be great for us. We spoke with a neighbour who has a 2 br, 2 ba condo of just over 800 square feet. No way we could go that small. There is one unit in our building that’s 1,600 square feet, top floor, with a south exposure but the monthly condo fees are too much in my opinion so we didn’t even look at it.
                        Even if you decide to stay where you are, it’s good to see what else is available.

We’re rearranging some furniture today and hope to get the last of the cardboard boxes emptied and out of our lives!

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6 am in Vegas hope we all have a wonderful AF day!!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Late night at the football field with the gkids playing flag football. I was amazed! No masks worn by kids or fans. Hmmmm As much as we love our gkids and even though we are vaccinated, I'm not sure we will attend again. I felt very anxious around that many people.

Big Al, you're doing great! Stay strong and stay close.

Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 more!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends & flag football lovers. Busy busy day for this sober dude. Wishing you all a wonderful day. Another 24 for me. Blessings x
                              “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Thanks for the various comments regarding my volunteer experience. Yesterday went better than last week, but I'm still not sure if it's for me. I told the volunteer coordinator that I was unsure about it and that I was giving it the month to see how it shakes out for me. She understood.

QW that is great! 800 days! Well done.

Jude, I've been on the wait list for the audio version of Travels with Charlie and it finally arrived yesterday! I'm going to finish the current mystery I'm reading before I get started on it, but I am looking forward to it! I'm loading it onto my Ipod right now. I was delighted to see that the narrator is Gary Sinise!

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X