No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your 2 month milestone [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! It's amazing what one day at a time can add up to!

I'm not much into salmon or tuna, but give me fresh fish pan fried in butter and onions any day!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And it's cake day today! Huge congrats

@Quit wining !
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends. It will finally edge above freezing today. My truck will be happy, living on country roads has it completely covered in a layer of frozen muck, and we will take a trip to the car wash at some point and at least get the big stuff off. I am typically a wash by hand kind of guy, but it's winter.

Within the next week or so I should be in an apartment. It will be nice to finally not be living in limbo, but surreal at the same time. But, life on life's terms. All I can do is to stay sober.

I must say that I'm continually struck by the grace and support of our Cafe Community. You all are wonderful.

Another 24 please and thanks.
        Last edited by BigAl; February 26, 2022, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the cake Cowboy and Cafe friends!

I wouldn’t have made 3 years without you!!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 hours please &?thank you.

Congrats on getting your 2 month chip Big Al!

Dill, I found that my walking sticks have eased knee pain and improved my posture. Plus, I feel safer walking on snow covered sidewalks. Has Mr D tried them?

We’re back to milder weather today after a few cold days, there’s definitely an outdoor walk in my future.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; February 26, 2022, 08:59 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, definitely get Mr D walking sticks. They usually come with removal soft tips for inside walking. They will take about 25% of the pressure off his knees. We've been using them for years!

Wishing all my Cafe peeps a great AF weekend. 24 more!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], these would be great for all types of walking conditions.
                Limited-time deal: TheFitLife Nordic Walking Trekking Poles - 2 Pack with Antishock and Quick Lock System, Telescopic, Collapsible, Ultralight for Hiking, Camping, Mountaining, Backpacking, Walking, Trekking Sorry! Something went wrong!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and skinwalkers, I mean trekking pole walkers/hikers. H U G E CONGRATULATIONS to QW on three, Three, THREE YEARS. I’m an off on a run. A bit of a late start this morning but I am getting our in it. So, with a jolt of positive thanks to QW’s success, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

“Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Congrats to QW on 3 years, and to BigAl on 2 months. So awesome for both of you!

I'll have to look into walking sticks for Mr. J as well. He has an arthritic knee, which has kept him from exercising, and he does miss the walks. Something to look into.

We have a couple of friends coming over for lunch today, so I guess that cleaning the house will be the first order of business.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

It appears that postimages is down this morning, so you'll get "clickable" breakfast lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The walking sticks I bought, through Amazon, are made by Foxelli. The product is great and comes with rubber tips for walking, baskets for skiing, walking in snow, and ice picks ideal for our winter walking conditions. A 3 year warranty is included which could come in handy as I envision having to use the sticks to deal with aggressive drivers! Their customer service is excellent!!

In addition to planning a mid-week escape to the mountains, yesterday I started looking into a trip to Mexico late in the year. With 2 years of dealing with Covid and no vacations, I like having something to look forward to.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. And thanks for brekkie Cowboy!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Walking sticks also intimidate charging dogs. Twice I've had to resort to them to avoid a dog fight. Anywho, get them, you won't be sorry!

24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Spending the morning with my family, something I woefully took for granted for too long. It's amazing how I was not cognizant of the little things that mean so much. Congrats QW on your three years, that is an inspiration. And thanks for breakfast cowboy, I was hungry...

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday, and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X