No announcement yet.

One Step at a time - April 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes it is Mama I think there's gonna be an adjustment period for you for a bit, I'm sure I'll all settle down after awhile
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Spent the day with my friend and her husband and mother running errands. Not what I would like to have done but beats sitting here alone all day. I have signed up with a walking group next Sunday so that should be good. Hope the weather is good for it. The weekdays are better. I have the gym and a few things in the evening. I get so darn depressed sitting here....I hope that will get better with time..I hope so....
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

A walking group sounds great Dots

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey all....I'm home and going to bed. Going to be a long day at work tomorrow. I'm glad that I'm taking AB. I REALLY need that right now. I'm hoping it's just a temporary aid for a few months. Already making plans to get back to the gym with my son so I'm taking steps in the right direction.
          Love and hugs to all..
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Welcome home, Nora! Where IS home, BTW? I totally understand if you don't feel like revealing that information.

I just got home from a wedding in Boston. The wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun. I got to see a lot of my cousins from the East Coast. However, my sober aunt's husband is a real jerk. He has always mistreated her even now that she's sober, he still treats her like dirt. It was tough being stuck with them.

I am off tomorrow and then Tuesday I drive to Michigan for work. I will see you all tomorrow morning!

Comment

good morning loves
              Rusty, knowing you, I am surprised to you didn't say something to that asshat!
              Yes.....I think things will calm down at work..
              Welcome home Nora
              Dog walking sounds nice Dottie
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Good Morning, Friends!

I am home for the day and I actually have time to post!! YIPPEEEEEEE!! Now, I can properly address everyone.

A few items about the wedding: I learned A LOT about my oldest living uncle, who is 92, is an active alcoholic, and is my mom's brother. He has lied to my mom his whole life about his drinking. He told my mom he only has 3 or 4 drinks a day. NOT. My cousin, his daughter, and an RN too, said, he drank ALL day, EVERY day, since he retired at 65. Interesting how none of his siblings, children, or any other relative would not disclose his secret until now.

My sober aunt's husband, to whom she has been married for 47 years, never congratulated her on her 7 years of hard earned sobriety.:sad: That guy is a real prick, and I am proud of my aunt for not drinking AT him. I certainly would have, and that is quite a feat. Other than being stuck with them for the weekend, I did a lot of talking, eating and dancing, and had club soda at the wedding and did NOT miss AL, and nobody said a word about me not drinking.

Dottie-a walking group sounds like a wonderful idea. It will get you out of the house for a bit when the weather gets nice. I know you'd rather be walking, shopping, talking, eating, with your husband, but I applaud you for trying to stay active even when your head and your heart would rather not.

Nora-GREAT job on taking the AB.

Liz-your husband is from Australia????Ooooohhhhh...what is it about that Australian accent that just makes me extremely, um...excited? Haha!! Sorry you woke up feeling weepy. Maybe it's your son's impending trip? I hate when that happens though. Hope the pot luck was tasty.

Mama-hubs is probably fussing because you don't have as much time to fool around with him.:hug: So glad you took a break and had date night.

Sunny-are you moved in to the new house yet? Haven't heard from you all weekend. Would love it if you checked in. :-)

K9-You hoo! Come out, come out!

Pauly-I tend to overeat too after being sick and without an appetite for a while. 4 hours of straight rain...wow, were there flash floods?

I am off to the gym, but I will be around! ;-) I hope everyone has a lovely Monday!

Comment

Not sure if this is an open thread, but one step at a time is a logical path for me....its the end of April anyway, so I can't go too far wrong by testing to see if this could be where to jump in

Great Day, All
                  G2G
                  "Go Placidly Amid the Noise and Haste"

Comment

Mama, Cross Post!

Oh I DID say something to him...but not about the sobriety date! He and my aunt sat next to me at the reception, and although he is a moderate drinker, he apparently likes J & B once in a while, . He is a profound cheapskate who drives me nutty, and he said, "J & B...that's about $10 a shot, and Rusty, I don't even drink that unless your mother is paying for it!" My mother is EXTREMELY generous when it comes to family gatherings. So my response to him was, "You're too cheap to buy them yourself!!!" He said I was being nasty, and I responded, "What goes around comes around!!!!" Some of my closest friends say that when I was really drunk, I would say mean things, well, now that I'm sober, I'm even worse because I KNOW what I'm saying!! hahahah

Comment

Welcome, go2goal...YES, this is an "open" thread. Not sure what you mean by that but everybody is welcome here! Please tell us about yourself. We love having new people here. :-). Please let us know how we can help you.

I'm a 54-year-old woman who is single, owns a business, lives alone in a condo in my home state of Wisconsin, and loves life! Yes, for me, it was literally One Step At A Time instead of One Day At A Time.

Now, I really MUST get going. Back later!!

Comment

Good morning my love. Go2goal welcome! I am a 55 year old mother of three! Living happily with my husband of 32 years. The more the merrier here. Yes one step at a time. I don't know why the weekends are hard. Maybe just no structure.
                        Rusty, hubby doesn't have an Australian accent. He came to this country when he was 5.
                        Mama, why is hubs fussing? He misses you?
                        Off to breakfast with a girlfriend. Just no energy today. Did not sleep well.

Comment

Hey all, G2G,welcome, since we're introducing ourselves I'm a 41 year old mother of 4 and I have a 2 year old grandson if you stick around you'll hear me gab about him a lot haha,Rusty, sounds like an interesting time at the wedding, a 92 year old active alcoholic?sheesh, think that's how my mom's gonna be,have extreme Mondayitis this morning can't get with it,hope everyone has a lovely Monday, Nora,great job on TTFP!btw,I read yesterday that antabuse causes depression, anybody ever get that?

Comment

Morning all,
                            Off to run errands and have lunch with a friend. Sun is out but cold I know spring will get here someday.
                            Gym later then DWTS is on tonight. I love to watch them dance.
                            Welcome G2G.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Welcome go2goal.
                              Great to have you here. Everyone is welcome. :welcome:
                              I really like your signature line........

I'm 56 years old - married, one son. And have been on a roller coaster ride for TOO long.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora-hey, how did you do on your audit? Also, would love to hear about your trip to Oregon. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X