No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I am so impressed with your ambition. WOW that is going to be beautiful. What a job!!! We went to the beach yesterday and got run off by huge waves and strong winds. Not the best beach day. I just read a great book called The Memory of an Elephant by Alex Lasker. Such a heartwarming read written in the words of the elephant. Something different than I have ever read but really enjoyed it. I hope everyone has a great and sober day. I would normally be excited that it’s Saturday but since being retired all the days run together! 24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Wow, that is a big project Ginger, but what you've done so far looks fantastic!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Enjoyed your "long post" Ginger, and appreciate the pictures. What you've done so far looks fantastic. I too use my phone for a lot more things than I used to, but I still use my laptop for creating documents and doing searches. I print from my phone when I find a good recipe or crochet pattern from time to time. The apple tree is called Monty's Surprise and it is quite an interesting variety with an interesting story:

Monty’s Surprise Apple – Heritage Food Crops Research Trust

Jude, I did not know that New York State is such a prolific apple resource. That is interesting. And I remember your wonderful peach tree from past posts.

Rava, the days do certainly run together for us. I find I have to take a moment upon waking to consciously remind myself what day of the week it is.

But I don't need a reminder to know that every day is a good day to be sober.

Last edited by dill; April 13, 2024, 07:19 AM.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, that is a very interesting read! It really falls in line with my food beliefs, as well. Thanks for sharing the info! An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Hope we all have an easy day!

Comment

Good morning cafe! Looks like I'm way too early to enjoy one of cowboys fantastic breakfasts, might have to check back later.

Hope that techie can check in soon.

24 more please...

Comment

Jude, you were really up early today! My goodness!

Ginger, Mr. D was really taken by the story of that apple. I agree, it was fascinating. I hope our little sapling grows well and we get to one day pick those apples.

We're going to have a beautiful, sunny day, just like yesterday. That makes 2 in a row for us.

24 more, please and thank you.

Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:16am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  Jude58 Rava dill Ginger999

Comment

I think it's time for some breakfast..

Comment

Yep, you were way too early for breakfast Jude, you needed more like a midnight snack lol.

Comment

Yum! Pancakes are my favorite. Thanks, Cowboy.

I finished Cyrus' catio. It's 8'x6' with a huge cat tree. I had to force him to come in last night. I believe he'd have stayed out all night. As I type this at 530a, he's already out there waiting for the birds to show up for their breakfast!

Going to linner with my sisters today and my granddaughter and her sweet family are coming to town. Hoping to see them too. They bought a house about 30 min from us. They should close on it next week. It will be wonderful to have them so close!

Dill, I'd love to try one of those magic apples. Sounds like the red delicious is a contender but a far cry from Monty's Surprise!

Greetings to all my pals! I'll take another.

Comment

Super late check in for me but I can be first to comment on that amazing catio! What a cool ideal. Looks good and Cyrus looks happy! Hope everyone is enjoying this Sunday. Will not be drinking tonight. 24 more please.

Comment

Love the catio Ginger, and apparently so does Cyrus! You are so talented!

Yes, I was up very early yesterday morning but not by choice. I woke up at 1:00 am and could not get back to sleep. Today I made it until 2:00. Uggh...

24 more for all of us please...

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have joined in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              Jude58 dill Ginger999 Rava

Comment

Awesome Sunday breakfast, Cowboy! Thank you once again.

Ginger, that catio is fantastic! I bet Cyrus thanks Heaven for the day you brought him into your home. Lucky cat.

Jude, my word! I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Rava, better late than never.

We are taking the two-hour drive down to southern Ohio to visit with Mr. D's bro and SIL. No drinking today although sometimes SIL offers me a glass of wine or a marguerita, her favorites. I politely decline, because as we all know, one would simply not be enough.

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X